Secret discoveries in your room

scottbee

When I arrived in Canada, [1955], while sailing on the 'Homeric', I pulled the draws right out of the dresser to check that nothing had fallen behind.

Nothing had, but there was a lot of perfume in bottles, behind those draws. I informed the cabin steward, who seemed very angry, but not wanting to cause trouble, I did nothing more. I have ofton wondered however, just what had been going on!

john

Souix6,

Just noticed you are sailing in Freedom, is that Freedom of the Seas? If so, I'll keep and eye out for you. I'll be the big guy that looks like Wilford Brimley with the Cruise Critic T-shirt on (Sunday only)

I once found a roll of film left behind in the safe. I looked at it and it was clear that it was a 'used' roll so I turned it in to the front desk. I would hate to think that they just tossed it as those were somebody's memories but that's probably what happened. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We bought two small paintings...in Jamaica...and left them in our room. They weren't expensive...but we like them...and left them behind. Fortunately....I had at least taken a photo of the paintings...so we remember what they looked like!

We found a bracelet and a pair of earrings in our cabin on a Celebrity cruise.......turned them in, of course.

On a Carnival cruise, a friend of ours found a pair of Jimmy Choo heels under her bed. They looked like they had never been worn and they were so cute! She brought them to our cabin to show us on her way to turn them in. My DD was drooling, as they were her size and she's a shoe fanatic....but she behaved and let them go where they belonged (hopefully back to their owner). :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband is paranoid about leaving things behind and so while clearing out the safe on our last night, he found a 'gold & saphire' dress ring. He thought it was mine and put it in my jewelery case. I didn't find it until I got home and thought he had bought it for me as a suprise! When I thanked him for my new ring he didn't know what I was on about!

Sorry for whoever lost it!:o

On our Carnival Glory cruise last June we found a bag from the Carnival shop under our bed. My husband thought it might have been ours, so he pulled it out! It WAS NOT ours! It was full of "intimacy gels". :eek: It had a receipt that was dated the week before our cruise!!! Yikes! We put it on my mother's balcony (it was her birthday), she opened it and was a bit confused! Needless to say we threw it in the garbage!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

my last cruise on 2/1/09 on the explorer i left behind 2 silver necklaces with sandal charms on them. bought them for my nieces and somehow they never made it into our bag. p.o'd about it because i went back on the water taxi in st. martin to get them when i could have been laying on a lounge chair with a BBC in my hand.

• 1 month later...

We found a HUGE (like 8 oz) bottle of Astroglide in the cabinet. It was unopened (guess their cruise wasn't much fun). We had our own more sensible (like 2 oz) size bottle so we left it untouched for the next cruisers. Hopefully someone eventually got some fun out of that Costco size bottle of Astroglide.

• 4 weeks later...
On a One Night Cruise to Nowhere on the Norwegian Spirit last fall my two friend and I found a rather 'used' looking tube of KY under the bed. Gross. Gross. Gross.:mad:

I think I woudl have given it to the head steward and told him this was left from a previous passenger. He needs to know that his people are not doing their job.

Archived