Elizabeth, NJ Country Inn & Suites-Sleep & Cruise

esbie11

Has anyone ever done the "Sleep & Cruise" package at Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ? It seems that this would be a much cheaper option since parking has now gone up to $19/day. Just wondering how the transportation vouchers worked, and if you had to wait long after disembarkation to get a ride back to your vehicle at the hotel. Also, we have never been there before, so did you feel comfortable leaving your vehicle there for 10 nights?

Has anyone ever done the "Sleep & Cruise" package at Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ? It seems that this would be a much cheaper option since parking has now gone up to $19/day. Just wondering how the transportation vouchers worked, and if you had to wait long after disembarkation to get a ride back to your vehicle at the hotel. Also, we have never been there before, so did you feel comfortable leaving your vehicle there for 10 nights?

I've stayed there (not on the package). From what i understand, you get cab vouchers.....thus you aren't waiting for a shutte. (that may have changed...)

The hotel is near 3 others and is safe. it is across from www.jerseygardens.com and adjacent to www.jerseygardensdiner.net (great place to eat) and there is a ruby tuesday in the parking lot as well.

i am staying at the Courtyard across the parking lot in 2 weeks....i feel safer in that area than i do in some of the hotels on routes 1&9 down the road. there are 4 hotels near you...the CI, a marriott residence inn and courtyard by marriott and an extended stay america.

check out my blog (link below) for other info about the area.

Thanks for the info and helpful blog:) I just found out that since we booked a block of rooms, and thus got a discount, we cannot take advantage of the Sleep & Cruise package anyway. The hotel will, however, let us park the cars there for $10/day. Although this is cheaper than the $19 being carged at the cruiseport, once you factor in the cost of a roundtrip taxi or car service, it all comes out to about the same amount anyway. I just can't believe they rasied the price to park at Cape Liberty. Paying $171 just to park your car is a bit outrageous!

They may have a number they can call for you to get a van service or you can just get a cab.

Alternately, if you call the full-service Newark Airport Marriott, ask them to transfer you to the valet/belllstand. they have a company there...signature transportation that has vans and SUVs that may be of help. (i get the impression they are BASED at the hotel, but independant....I called them and the man was very nice.....but we won't need their services...)

If you elect to park with the hotel, have them call the car service for you, asking for driver Rosa. She was fabulous, paid the tolls, and charged us 50.00. We gave her 60.00. She also took a short cut and knew exactly where to drop us. You'll have to take a cab back, so I think it would be closer to the 60.00 and you may be asked to pay the tolls (I don't know). We took a shuttle bus to the airport when we disembarked.

Country Inns was fabulous. They have a delicious and varied breakfast, free Internet in the lobby, and as stated, they are close to the outlet mall and several restaurants (all walking distance). You'll have a great stay.

I have stayed here many times for business, never for a cruise, it suits my needs as it has free (overnight) parking, free breakfast, and free internet. Plus its not too far from Santillo's pizza! Take a look at the hotel's website and you will see a "Sleep and Cruise Package" which includes:

-Overnight accommodations

-2 round trip transportation vouchers to Port of Bayonne, NJ

-Deluxe Continental Breakfast buffet

**Parking is not included in this package**

-8 nights of parking is available for $35 additionally

Additional days of parking are $10.

Check for your dates of travel, but on a random night, the rate was $184 plus tax. Add parking and the rate becomes $219 plus tax(s).

I have stayed here many times for business, never for a cruise, it suits my needs as it has free (overnight) parking, free breakfast, and free internet. Plus its not too far from Santillo's pizza! Take a look at the hotel's website and you will see a "Sleep and Cruise Package" which includes:

-Overnight accommodations

-2 round trip transportation vouchers to Port of Bayonne, NJ

-Deluxe Continental Breakfast buffet

**Parking is not included in this package**

-8 nights of parking is available for $35 additionally

Additional days of parking are $10.

Check for your dates of travel, but on a random night, the rate was $184 plus tax. Add parking and the rate becomes $219 plus tax(s).

Yeah this was the package I asked about in my original post, however we don't qualify for the Sleep & Cruise package because we booked a block or rooms, and already got a group discount. They did tell us we could park there for $10 per day, but this would not include the travel vouchers. So, it will cost just as much (if not more) to pay $10/day to park, plus paying for transportation to and from the pier (which costs about $30 each way). It would be just as easy and cost the same amount of money to just park at the cruiseport.:(

We are looking at this hotel for a pre-cruise stay. When we do a dummy reservation we can't book the cruise and stay package for a family of 4 in a suite, but can for a family of 3 in a king room - any idea why this would be :confused:

I've emailed the hotel (twice) but had no response:mad:

Perhaps the suite doesn't sleep 4 but the king can accommodate a rollaway or pullout couch?

Sorry, perhaps I didn't word that very well. The hotel can accommodate us in a suite (they have the rooms) but the option for the free cruise transfer isn't available when booking as a four, only when booking as a 2 or a 3.

Archived