PG staterooms 5001 and 5002 on QV

highcbob

Has anyone seen or stayed in either of these accommodations onboard Queen Victoria? They have the most sq.ft of any of the QV Princess Grill staterooms.

We have not seen or stayed in 5001 or 5002, but there are great annotated outside photos of the QV on the thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=906795

which show you the outside of the cabins, and maybe they have a forward facing window. We were in 4094, which has a slightly bigger balcony than some cabins. Photos are at http://gallery.me.com/lesleyblake#100381&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=18

We loved PG on the QV, I hope you do go ahead and book a voyage!:)

Lesley

Has anyone seen or stayed in either of these accommodations onboard Queen Victoria? They have the most sq.ft of any of the QV Princess Grill staterooms.

I asked to have a look in 5002 last year. It has a balcony at the side and a window facing forward. It is very nicely laid out and as roomy as it sounds on paper.

There is one problem, forward of these cabins is a crew area & it was sometimes noisy. However this was on the World Cruise & all the crew had not found that they had a "crew door" & did not need to use the doors at the end of the deck 5 hall.

I also stayed in 5002. The cabin is lovely but on my Med cruise, it was quite noisy during the day (not too bad at night) . There is also a storage room opposite as well as the crew deck entrance.

• 6 months later...

Hi, yes we were. We only booked it a few weeks ago & I noticed the upgrade on the personnaliser last week. We sail on the 30th August.

Hope this helps.

My Partner and my Parents stayed in 5001 / 5002 in May 2009 and we found them brilliant cabins.

Can’t say we experienced ANY problems with noise at all, in fact we found it to be one of the best cabins we have had on either QM2, QE2 or QV.

If you are feeling naughty you can use a pair of nail clippers (that is what we used but anything that is strong flat metal would do) and open the balcony partition and get onto the adjoining balcony at the very front of the ship.

I expect that you could ask the cabin steward to open the partition but we did not like to in case he said NO!

Book it you won’t regret.

Thanks Nick. I can tend to get a bit seasick, so I am worried that they are too far forward for me, but you do make them sound very lovely. Being at the very front of the ship outside sounds excellent-- but if this is not a Cunard sponsored activity, they may have put a stop to it by the time we arrive for the world cruise next year! ;)

My Partner and my Parents stayed in 5001 / 5002 in May 2009 and we found them brilliant cabins.

Can’t say we experienced ANY problems with noise at all, in fact we found it to be one of the best cabins we have had on either QM2, QE2 or QV.

If you are feeling naughty you can use a pair of nail clippers (that is what we used but anything that is strong flat metal would do) and open the balcony partition and get onto the adjoining balcony at the very front of the ship.

I expect that you could ask the cabin steward to open the partition but we did not like to in case he said NO!

Book it you won’t regret.

We will have to try that!!

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have any recent experiences in these PG cabins (5001 5002)? Is the window looking out over the crew deck one way? (you can see out but can't see in). Any banging or noise from the crew door? Look like QE will have a similar layout.

We stayed in 5001 last August. It was much bigger than other PG cabins, a lovely big square room. (I must learn how to put photos on here! lol)

An added bonus is a window looking forward & if you unlock the divider on the balcony you can look over the bow!!

Safarigirl, many thanks for sharing your photos of the QV - I have been pondering on whether to try this ship but I am now convinced that this will be the one for 2011.

The quality of the photos is very good and has given us both a great idea of what it is like and I love the PG restaurant with all the windows looking out.

Sold!! :D

Safarigirl, many thanks for sharing your photos of the QV - I have been pondering on whether to try this ship but I am now convinced that this will be the one for 2011.

The quality of the photos is very good and has given us both a great idea of what it is like and I love the PG restaurant with all the windows looking out.

Sold!! :D

QV is not as grand as QM2, but I loved every minute on her! I do hope you book a trip on her, we had the most wonderful time, and I am very glad that we splurged for a PG cabin!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived