Are there Bibles in rooms?

baxley

You'll need to bring your own. If you are on a longer cruise that is not leaving or returning on a Sunday the ship will usually have an interdenominational service. Check the daily newsletter. :)

73 cruises under my belt and on all of them there have been bibles in the night table on every single one of them. Yes they do have Sunday services.

On Princess also? Nope, sorry, never had one in the night table in any of the staterooms we have ever had on Princess. Maybe they took them out before I got there. ;)

There was another thread earlier in the week where a poster had heard that on some cruise lines the occupant of a cabin left partially used coffee cards in the stateroom bible for the next occupant to use. I thought that might be what this thread was about!

Have never seen a bible on any Princess ship. They sometimes will offer an interdenomonational service led by one of the staff. I have seen, on occasion, jewish services held and also Catholic services if there is a priest on board.

Ron

I have not found a bible, but on Sunday's there is a service. Also on some of the Princess cruises in the Patter there are times for a daily bible study. To the OP bring your own to be sure.

• 2 months later...

And as an agnostic, I've always told hotels and cruise lines in advance that they could either ensure that a Bible is not in the room or I will, their option. Just as a Christian would be less than impressed with finding their room stocked with the Qu'ran, Talmud, Vedas, or Dianetics as the only option in their room, I don't believe someone not following any particular faith should have the decision made by the hotel or cruiseline on that particular choice of reading material. Religious freedom also means having the choice not to follow one. I use all the drawers provided for my belongings so the sitting quietly in a drawer point doesn't change my feelings.

On Princess also? Nope, sorry, never had one in the night table in any of the staterooms we have ever had on Princess. Maybe they took them out before I got there. ;)

Ha! Very Good. Never had one in any stateroom on any Princess ship. Maybe they noticed that I checked the athiest box on the passenger preferences form and removed it from my room each time.:D

Archived