S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Vista 8

Cabin # - 8252

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near – Veranda

Hey there FinelyCruising! We just returned from March 22 sailing aboard Solstice and also had the pleasure of staying in 8252! We also loved the room (However this was our first cruise so I dont have a lot to compare it too).

Yes, the balcony is one of the larger angled ones AFTER the "hump". Thanks for confirming that the deck plans are flawed! Now I know.

The only complaint I have about this room is the creaking in the ceiling when the ship rolls in the big swells (for all I know this could be common to all ships and state rooms). At one point after listening carefully for hours one night, I convinced myself that tiny sheet-metal screws (left behind by the workers) were rolling around between the ceiling panels! My helpful room steward (Cipriano) assured me that I was indeed going crazy and that these sounds were normal. :o

Attached is the updated spreadsheet as of 4/9/09. I now have several duplicated numbers. Those are in red font so if you see a cabin number in red there should be more than one review there.

**There are also now two cabins listed on deck 8 that are shown incorrectly on the deck plans - these comments are highlighted in yellow with red font. **

Please do not post here unless you are supplying information on the cabins. If you have a question concerning some of the information, create a new thread on the main board. That will prevent this thread from becoming cluttered.

Solstice Cabin Information.pdf

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1562

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting, no noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – There is a post on the right side of the balcony, but it is not a problem

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Unusual odor in the hallway, contacted Guest Relations and it was resolved

Any other comments?Maria and Ronald took excellent carre of us and our cabin

Deck - 9 (Panorama)

Cabin # - 9168

Class – Inside

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting; occasionally could hear muted conversations from one adjoining room

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1067

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath (Couch near balcony)

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting and it was a very quiet cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great view! I enjoyed watching the deck below of people, I think of deck 5. I could see the bridge from the cabin too. Wonderful location and view!

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great location! :) I would recommend this balcony to anyone. It was right by the elevators and stairs.

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin that is not listed on the spreadsheet. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet. Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

9173 is a category 1B. It's listed as a ? on the spreadsheet. And you can see lifeboats when looking straight down but otherwise no obstructions.

Thanks, I corrected it on my spreadsheet so it will be correct when I post the next update.

Deck - Vista 8

Cabin # - 8126

Class – 2A

Bed near – Balcony

Quiet Cabin – Cabin was very quiet.

Balcony View - Great unobstructed view!!! We chose this cabin because it was located very far forward and had an unobstructed view straight down to the water, which we enjoy.

Balcony Size - Normal

Was wind a problem - No

Any Other Comments? We loved this cabin! It was perfect for us since we spend a lot of time on our balcony and like a great view. Would book it again in a heartbeat!

Edited by Conanc
formatting

Deck - 11 (Penthouse)

Cabin # - 1634

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – At about 7:30 am every morning it sounded as if someone was scooping ice and rolling a cart. There is a service door right across the hall that might have contributed to this noise. I am a light sleeper and it woke me up every morning.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony does have life boats below that obstruct from your straight down view of the water. There is also a poll to the right of the balcony that didn't really obstruct from your view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Just the noise at around 7:30 am every morning.

Any other comments?

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # 1670

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - AFT Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Bad smell in the entire aft hallway. Non connecting aft cabin. Fairly quiet, light ceiling rattle at bedtime, otherwise delightful. We sailed Dec-Jan 2009.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony was acceptable. Looked down on other balconies below us. Kind of creepy. Didn't enjoy. Felt like I was peeping.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, but larger than the balconies on either side of us

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Yes. There was a lot of soot on this balcony as well as some fly away garbage from Sunset Bar.

Any specific problems with this cabin? The smell outside the door was horrid.

Any other comments?

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9266

Class – 1a

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Nice and quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Superb. Sun if you are by rail. No obstruction. View straight down to water (between lifeboats)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - large

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? not a single complaint

Edited by m8140

Deck - 9 Panorama

Cabin # - 9179

Class – ?

Starboard or Port Side - port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet with the exception that the housekeeping cart is parked in front of the door and the staff meets and talks there when working - but never at night time

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – great view, you see the life boats when looking straight down - but no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -/-

Any other comments? we connected the balkony to #9177 and it opens just 45 degrees to #9177. It would fully open to 9181 even if the staterooms are not connecting.

Deck - 9 Panorma

Cabin # - 9177

Class – ?

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – yes, but door to housekeeping and staff stairs is just opposite what could cause some noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – great unobstructed view. life boats straight down but far enough away

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -/-

Any specific problems with this cabin? something with the pipe system in the bathroom was not okay so we heard a sough all time. Had to keep the bathroom door closed.

Any other comments?

[.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2112

Class – CC

Bed near? – Bath

Quiet Cabin Yes - Non-connecting

Balcony View - Good view to the back of the ship and to water (last cabin on the hump)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly oversized

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any other comments? nice area of the ship, very close in proximity to the pools, elevators and Oceanview Cafe. No problems with noise from the cafe above as some people have noted.

I am in the process of booking on the Solstice for the June 15 Med Cruise. One of my options for a balcony room is #8343 which would have been the balcony at the end right before your #8281. Did you like your location? I've never been in the back before. My other option is on the Penthouse deck #1525 which is about 11 cabins back from the front. I'm worried about movement and wind at that location. Any ideas? Thanks, Lisa

Please assist me in keeping this thread on topic. It was created so that I can compile information on cabins into a spreadsheet that will serve as a tool for everyone in their cabin selection.

Do not post here asking about a cabin that is not listed on the spreadsheet. When someone returns with information on a cabin it will be posted here and then put on the spreadsheet. Posting questions " Need Info on Cabin# XXXX" just clutters up this thread. You will get better results by posting your questions on the main board.

If you are looking for info on a specific cabin return to this thread weekly and see if anyone returning from the previous week's cruise has reported back.

Deck - 7

Cabin # 7179

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Nice and quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Lifeboats below but not blocking view. Hump areas block forward and aft views.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? Can hear the waves against the ship with balcony door open, lovely sleeping. Chairs very comfortable on balcony.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9258

Class – 1B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet when the kids above us weren't doing their jumping-jacks. Connected with 9262.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstructions.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Located near the elevators and stairs which worked out great.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9262

Class – 1B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Connected with 9258.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstructions.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Located near the elevators and stairs which worked out great.