S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - RESORT

Cabin # - 2101

Class – CC1

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BATH

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – OK. NOTHING ABNORMAL

Balcony View - NO OBSTRUCTIONS. END CABIN SO A LITTLE MORE PRIVACY AS YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CABIN NEXT TO YOU.

Balcony Size? SMALLER THAN ON FREEDOM CLASS SHIPS AT RCCL BUT OK.

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? I WAS ON POST INAUGURAL. A FEW ISSUES WITH DOOR HARD TO CLOSE AND BROKEN LATCH ON CLOSET DOOR BUT THAT WAS IT. LOVE LOCATION...RIGHT BY ELEVATORS AND DOOR TO POOL.

I would like to say a BIG thank you to everyone contributing to this topic, we have today booked the Equinox and have secured a cabin with one of the larger balconies due to the information provided here. We would never have known about it without you.

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9342

Class – Concierge (C2)

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard, toward aft

Bed near? – Balcony

Quiet Cabin – Generally quiet. Could occasionally hear voices from adjacent cabin but not an issue. Some "creaking" noise near balcony door. Not a connecting cabin.

Balcony View - Good - unobstructed.

Balcony Size? - Normal for class. Confortable deck chairs with footrests and small table.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Liked the cabin and the location. Fairly close to aft elevators.

Did you hear any noise from the entertainment venue on the deck below????

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6104

Class – 2b

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Some noise from the anchors and thrusters. Most noticeable in Ports like Ft. Lauderdale with luggage. Also could hear the crew talking when they used the drop-down bridge when going in and out of ports.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions..good view but not much forward view as it is almost the most forward cabin on this deck.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6226

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet, with the exception that the gangway is placed almost directly below this cabin for embarkation/debarkation. But this shouldn't bother most people unless you wanted to nap before sailaway. :-)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Balcony is in the part that sticks out from the ship (where the "X" is), so there are no lifeboats below it. (The "X" is NOT painted on this cabin's balcony glass -- so there's a clear view out. 6228, 6230 and 6232's glass was tinted by the "X".)

Was wind a problem? Nope.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all.

Any other comments? Very close to the elevators. Also mid-ship, so ship motion was not very noticeable here.

(If you're in this cabin, please don't break anything -- I'll be in it again in March 2010.) :-)

Mysticks, thanks for keeping up with the PDF file. Just a small amendment to make to it. Notes against 7364 says it is slightly larger of the aft balconies, but smaller than 7317. I think 7364 is the largest (widest) of the aft balconies and 7317 is slightly smaller:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17727801#post17727801

Phil

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8166

Class – 2A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Some noise from adjoining cabins -- phone ringing, conversations. Creaking noises also but I think that the noise is from the leather couch rubbing against the wall.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view. Since this is the first cabin aft of the mini hump, your view forward is restricted but it's not that bothersome. You are able to see into the balcony of the next forward cabin when standing at the railing though.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? Storage wasn't a problem. Close to the elevators.

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1568

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Yes, but the cabin attendant parks her cart in front of this stateroom and can sometimes be heard.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view, however, you cannot get a true panoramic view from the mid-ship aqua class balconies because of the several (about 15) support poles that start below the penthouse deck and continue on up to the large overhang.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Beautiful cabin with plenty of storage room and great shower and bathroom.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8246 & 8244

Class - 1B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) - 8244 near balcony/8246 bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) - Cabins on small hump, Connecting cabins, on other side of elevator hallway midship-was very quiet, no noise heard from outside at all.

Balcony View - Perfect, because rooms were on small hump with the big X(edited to add that 8244 was had part of the X on the balcony glass, but my friend said it didn't bother the view when sitting, that part was like looking through a smoked glass rather than the clear class 8246 had), we had unobstructed view of the front to the back of the ship. This area also has no lifeboats below the balconies so you can see the people on deck 5 and into the water. Loved this balcony.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Wonderful cabin, even though bed was near the closet, I thought I had lots of room. The cabin was right outside the midship elevators so it was so easy to get everywhere and the view from the balcony was so great.

Edited by cherl3066

Did you hear any noise from the entertainment venue on the deck below????

Liz - no noise issues from entertainment (though I don't think there's entertainment on the deck below - looks like just staterooms on the deck plan).

Occasionally we did hear voices from the next cabin but since it only happened during the day it wasn't an issue.

Deck - Resort

Cabin # - 2103

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Bed near? – Door

Quiet Cabin – Mostly, about 7 Am or so we could hear a few minutes of noise from the deck above. But it was over quickly. I think they were cleaning the bathrooms up there.

Balcony View - No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any other comments? Nice access to OceanView cafe, elevators, and pool.

Deck - 7 sunset

Cabin # - 7231 on the hump:D

Class – 2a

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – connecting. quiet most of most of the time

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –great view either way no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? not really..closet could be larger

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9295

Class – Concierge Class

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Generally, it was quiet. However, we could hear the televisions in 9297 and 9293 if they were turned up. This is not a connecting cabin.

Balcony View - Unobstructed view except to the rear where the ship juts out.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cruisers should be aware that there is an employee smoking area just forward of this cabin on the Promenade deck. I don't know if it's an official area or not, but it is on the port side where smoking is allowed for passengers. We were forced inside a few times due to the smoke.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cruisers should be aware that there is an employee smoking area just forward of this cabin on the Promenade deck. I don't know if it's an official area or not, but it is on the port side where smoking is allowed for passengers. We were forced inside a few times due to the smoke.

I would let Celebrity know about this.

Deck - Sunset

Cabin # - 7309

Class – Sunset Veranda

Starboard or Port Side -Aft, Portside adjacent to Sky Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Due to the tiered arrangement of aft balconies, you are fairly visible to those above you. There is minimal overhang for privacy.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal (ie. small)

Was wind a problem? Nope

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? There was some soot. Not a whole lot but, enough to notice. Don't wear white!

Any specific problems with this cabin? There is a post about eight inches away from the door handle (outside). Took a few days to stop running into it when heading to the martini bar!:eek:

Any other comments? A long walk to the nearest elevators.

Deck - Sunset

Cabin # - 7109

Class – Sunset Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting, quiet. We used the connecting feature with friends of ours in 7111 and it works very nicely.

Balcony View - there is a 4 ft ledge just off the balcony so you cannot see straight down to the sea, which was kind of disappointing for us.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal (ie. small)

Was wind a problem? -always very windy!

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none that we could find.

Any other comments? This cabin is the farthest 2b forward on deck 7. Quite a hike to the Ocean view and pool. On rough days you can really feel the ship move, which we enjoy but some may not. Excellent cabin steward.

Deck - 10, Sky Deck

Cabin # - 1066

Class – Concierge Class 1

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Usually quiet, though we could hear the phone ring and occasional conversation from neighboring 1068 (we were traveling with the occupants of 1068, 3131, and 3129). NOTE: 1066 is across the hall from an extremely frequently used Crew Access door to an interior stairwell. Early mornings you constantly heard it slam shut as room service and other personnel went about. Enough to wake you if you're a light sleeper.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. (See Specific Problems Section.)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size.

Was wind a problem? Never.

Any specific problems with this cabin? On Sky Deck, and ONLY Sky Deck, only every other balcony could be fully 'opened' to share deck space. There are large supporting beams running up from every other Sky Deck balcony to Deck 12, 2 floors above. As a result, the balcony partitions are set into the 'V' portions of these beams, so only a small 'V' shaped section of the balcony divider can be opened/removed. You would have to crawl over the large supporting beams and through the 'V' to access the neighboring balcony. These beams were present between cabins 1066 and 1068, but NOT present between 1066 and 1064, which had a normal balcony divider. Had I known this, I would have booked 66/64 instead of 66/68.

Any other comments? Cabin Stewardess Helen was one of the best we've ever had - Crystal, Seabourn, Celebrity included. We found the bathroom storage spaces to be plentiful, but too small and/or oddly shaped to be very useful. Standard (non-Aqua Class) shower was excellent.

Solstice 2/22 - 3/1/09 Email me if you want photos of the two balcony dividers showing the large support beams on this balcony; I will email them to you within the next few days. dthornton at pacbell dot net. Please put 'Balcony Pic Request' in the subject line as I dump all spam.

We've booked cabin 1068 for a Med cruise. Could you tell me where the bed is located. I'm hoping it's near the balcony. Thanks!

Question: to anyone in the 10 middle bump balcony cabins...

Can you look straight down over the side of the ship OR is the balcony railing back from the side of the ship on deck 5 ??

Cabins in question are:

Deck 6 Continental 6217-6235 & 6216-6234

Deck 7 Sunrise 7221-7239 & 7266-7284

Deck 8 Vista 8261-8279 & 8234-8250 (this may be off by one cabin due to error)

Deck 9 Panorama 9217-9235 & 9272-9290

Deck 10 Sky 1235-1241 & 1112-1118

Deck 11 Penthouse 1607-1611 & 1612-1616

I would appreciate a picture looking straight down, send to shopping@ca.inter.net

Thanks for reply....

hello,

we were was in 7231 port side(left). from the balcony you can look staight down and see the ocean and deck five to our left when facing the beautiful ocean was a smoking area,but had no issues with the smoke. the view fore and aft was also unobstructed. really loved the ship and room.

later,

ezemoney

Once again, Please do not post questions concerning cabins on this thread. I created this thread to collect information to add to the spreadsheet to assist everyone with cabin selection. These posts just clutter up the thread and make it more difficult for me to extract the information that I need.

If you want to ask a question, create a new thread on the main board. I have asked this multiple times before. :(

Deck - Sunrise (7)

Cabin # - 7275

Class – 2B

Bed near? – Balcony

Quiet Cabin – All the time

Balcony View - Life boats two decks down. Didn't really bother us

Balcony Size? Normal 8'4" X 6'4" (used my croc's :) )

Was wind a problem? no

Any other comments? 1/2 way to Aft from aft Bank of Elevators