Freedom Class Cabin Questions

neptune18

Thinking about booking a Freedom class ship. We sailed Princess and Norwegian in a mini suite for wife, two sons (15 & 13) and me. I'm looking into a J.S. or a regular balcony. Will regular balcony be too small for us? Also, any recommendations for locations would be great. Thanks.

Can you fit in a D1 balcony? Yes, but with two teen boys it might be tight and they might have to share the sleeper sofa if you room doesn't offer pullman beds. Would you consider putting them in their own cabin across the hall? More actual beds and TWO BATHROOMS! (your wife will thank you!) Freedom class also offers two over-sized D1 cabins - 1700 and 1400 - that have more room but not at a JS price. Or a family ocean view with more square feet, but no balcony. I have 1400 booked for my next cruise - but my kids are only 8 and 9!

we are booked on freedom and are bringing our two kids, 9 and 11. we did not want to all squeeze into one balcony room for $3,300.

we wanted a balcony but i am not ready to have them sleep across the hall in an inside.

what we found is a connecting inside room for the kids and a balcony next door for us for only $200 more then what we would pay for one balcony room! lets see, a room to ourselves with the kids in a connecting room next door. two bathrooms, two closets. totally worth the $200.

as i said the rooms are connecting so i am comfortable with that. these rooms are only available on deck nine on the freedom class. the balcony is the last one towards the aft. the room numbers are 9396 and 9401. hope this helps:)

we are booked on freedom and are bringing our two kids, 9 and 11. we did not want to all squeeze into one balcony room for $3,300.

we wanted a balcony but i am not ready to have them sleep across the hall in an inside.

what we found is a connecting inside room for the kids and a balcony next door for us for only $200 more then what we would pay for one balcony room! lets see, a room to ourselves with the kids in a connecting room next door. two bathrooms, two closets. totally worth the $200.

as i said the rooms are connecting so i am comfortable with that. these rooms are only available on deck nine on the freedom class. the balcony is the last one towards the aft. the room numbers are 9396 and 9401. hope this helps:)

That is AWESOME! I didn't know the Freedom class offered this set up. I will definitely look for those cabins the next time I sail!

i have to admit my friend told me about it:)

i love the set up. it is the best of both worlds. i thought she was crazy. i thought two rooms would cost so much more then all of us sleeping in one room. for only $200 more i get two rooms. can't beat that:)

That is AWESOME! I didn't know the Freedom class offered this set up. I will definitely look for those cabins the next time I sail!

Somehow I think these cabins are as easy to come by as a family suite....LOL

(P.S. - no baja'ing allowed to these cabins honeywell!.......inside joke from the Apr.4/09 IOS roll call if you're interested in finding out what the heck I'm talking about)

(P.S. - no baja'ing allowed to these cabins honeywell!.......inside joke from the Apr.4/09 IOS roll call if you're interested in finding out what the heck I'm talking about)

You know me well! I did spin the Wheel of Baja but they were booked!

At 15 & 13 my suggestion would definitely be to do 2 cabins. We first had our kids across the hall when they were 11 & 16 and they did fine (we had E1 and they had promenade). I will never sail all in one cabin again, just too crowded especially with the one bath. We sailed last year with just my youngest (13 at the time) so we had 3 in the cabin and to me it was tight but do-able.

If you really want one cabin go with the JS, you'll need it if for nothing else the extra storage.

hey I heard that:p

Archived