Parking your car for the week...?

tulips*n*truffles

I'm just thinking about these additional expensens. Our flight gets in to Vancouver the day before our cruise leaves...so I'm parking my car for just over 8 days...to the tune of $160+ if I park at the airport...and that's IF there is space (no pre-reserving)! Are there any out-of-the-box parking ideas? I COULD drive up the night before (3.5 hours) and stay at a hotel, but that means an extra hotel night, yadda yadda.

Has anyone ever used a park-n-ride or park-n-fly type of service? Thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I have found that it is usually cheaper to stay one night at a low price hotel/motel that offers a park and cruise rate than the price at a cruise terminal parking lot. I just paid about $110 for room and 7 days parking which is about the same price I would have paid at the dock. It was an additional $50 for a second week.

I'm just thinking about these additional expensens. Our flight gets in to Vancouver the day before our cruise leaves...so I'm parking my car for just over 8 days...to the tune of $160+ if I park at the airport...and that's IF there is space (no pre-reserving)! Are there any out-of-the-box parking ideas? I COULD drive up the night before (3.5 hours) and stay at a hotel, but that means an extra hotel night, yadda yadda.

Has anyone ever used a park-n-ride or park-n-fly type of service? Thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I don't know how far away from your airport that you live, but we only live about 20 minutes away. We like leaving our cars at home in the garage when we fly, so we use an airport shuttle. No only is our car secured, we don't have to worry about either warming it up or cooling it down when we get in it. When we fly home, we call the shuttle (or some just have a regular stop at the airport) when we land. It's there by the time we pick up our luggage and they drive us home.

Thanks for all the follow ups! I live about 3.5 hours from the airport, but I did find a hotel that has a free airport shuttle and free traveler parking for the week, so we're just going up the night before. Makes more sense and it's so much cheaper! Found the hotel on Hotwire super cheap - so all is well! Somehow this 7-night trip has quickly turned into 10 nights! Oh darn! :-)

Archived