How do you feel about the recent crusie deal....I HATE THEM!

kooljamming

Thank goodness for our price drop! Our Emerald Baltic cruise mini-suite went from $3100PP to $2200PP, plus additional OBC, which allows for some extra land time. We could have gone down again to an AC for $1800PP, but for the longer cruise we wanted what will likely be a once in a lifetime grab of E731, with the covered and extended balcony (of course, ADs had no extra price drop). Now all minis are back up over $2300PP. I think that will be the downward price bubble for this cruise unless a lot of pax cancel.

Les

:) Thanks kooljamming!!!!! Yes, that was the only reason!!!! Just saying I don't get the emails either!!!!!:)

Thanks Jefa.:)

I live over just the border in Canada...another CCer living in Victoria B.C also mentioned they don't get any discount when they sign in.

I did phone Princess today and they told me to call Princess Captains Circle department on Monday they thought it may be a glitch with my signing in..Gee I hope so.:)

For the people who are having problems not getting e-mails. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I knew that I had told Princess that I wanted e-mails. I was not getting them. I called Princess one day, the Customer Representative checked it out and it showed that I did NOT want e-mails. I told him that I did and he said that sometimes there is a glitch in the system and somehow things change so he took care of it. Guess what, I now get e-mails all of the time. So just call the main number. it might help.

Marilyn

Princess's strategy of drastic price cuts seems to have worked. There are a lot of us who weren't planning on taking the cruise we booked until these deals! I know that we had no plans whatsoever to do Europe again this year. We actually were planning to rent a house at the beach for a couple of weeks. Hard to believe, but the cruise turned out to be no more expensive than (and we're going over mostly on miles), and cheaper than many advertised rental prices on beach homes. Baltic here we come! :) Thank you Princess. Now, I am going to hope for deals on cruises next January!...but Princess, please wait until July so I can get some more future cruise credits first!

Within the hour just made my final payments for a 4/10 cruise to Ft.Lauderdale from Manaus.. I understand there are at least 50 plus cabins available on t his little s hip.. Ive asked for a free upgrade.. When we book trans-atlantics with Celebrity we find the best prices are when they show the itineraries..in March.. waiting for the newest.. the Eclipse

Procrastination is our new last name. We are from N.Y. We have enough frequent flyer miles for a round trip to L.A. Love crusing! Found great prices for Princess Sapphire, 2/14 (school break). We have 3 kids but for the first time are only vacationing with 1 and a friend. This was supposed to be our cheapest vacation ever (2 less kids, no boarding fees for 2 dogs, no parking fees at airport, etc.) Watched prices go up and down for weeks. Girls only need an inside and we wanted a balcony. When the inside went up from $419 to almost $700 and then back down to $400+ we grabbed it and were going to pay the $800+ for our balcony which started at $619. Booked the inside and ... nothing left but mini suites! We don't need a mini suite! We don't care about a mini suite! So, did we pay double from what we could have or did we take the loss and give up the money we paid for the inside cabin...Happy 50th birthday presents for me and the husband!

That's great- I think procrastinator will have to be my NEW name as well. Usually I book a year or even more ahead of time. We are looking at Princess out of Florida for that same week in 2010 (Feb 14, 15) and right now balconies are at $1399 before taxes. I just can't do it!!!! A couple of weeks ago like you said they were at $800- Guess I will wait and see

Frankly, we aren't concerned about the itinerary. We just want to see Alaska. Don't know why since it is so similar to WA State. :confused:;):)

Oh, no, Alaska is a LOT different than here......you will love it (don't get me wrong, I love it here, too). Take it from me, this is trip number six to Alaska.

We are going for less than half of what it cost us to go last year, and we have the exact stateroom that we had then.

We are going for it! We booked for August 8 on the Golden Princess. We needed a quad and was lucky to got a Cat J midship. It was $549 for the first 2 pax and 299 for the 2nd and 3rd pax for a grand total of $2157. The lower price was not shown in the email but after I signed in. We will be eating mac and cheese for a long time:p

Thank you Princess for giving the opportunity to book my first balcony (Sapphire Princess)

we set sail on Sapphire at the end of the week...we love the prices available now...both this cruise and the one coming up in December were at great rates and we couldnt possibly have passed them up. Too bad you cant take more advantage of whats out there but hopefully they will last for you so you can

That's great- I think procrastinator will have to be my NEW name as well. Usually I book a year or even more ahead of time. We are looking at Princess out of Florida for that same week in 2010 (Feb 14, 15) and right now balconies are at $1399 before taxes. I just can't do it!!!! A couple of weeks ago like you said they were at $800- Guess I will wait and see

Good Luck! We started looking only about 6-7 weeks before we booked and that was when the prices were so low. About 4-5 weeks before cruise time is when prices went up again and things started to disappear.

Archived