What is the earliest you book your return flights?

aloisia

Princess cruise, ship docks in Ft. Lauderdale at 7:00AM.

What time is the earliest you would book your return flight home?

I have no idea what time people are asked to leave the ship.:confused:

Thank you.

On my last cruise, out of Orlando, I was with 22 other people. They all booked well in advance and had 10:30 flights, my flight was 1:15 on a different airline. We literally one of the first people off the ship. My group purchased a bus transfer to the airport in advance so it was waiting for us when we got off the ship.

We got to the airport with plenty of time. Since we were there so earlier we asked the airline if there were any earlier flights and sure enough there was...9:15!

We went straight to the plane, boarded immedietly since most passengers were already on board, and were were in the air about 30-40 minutes after we arrived at the airport.

I paid no extra to do this because they said they were waving the change fee.

My suggestion would be to book a flight around 12. Sign up to get off the ship first, then head straight to the airport and ask to switch the next available flight. Some airlines don't have any fees for this service and most will waive it if there is room on the plane.

Good luck!

Thank you.

6 a.m., two days after the ship docks in FLL.

There are general guidelines ... you can typically make flights 11 AM and later in ports like Tampa, FLL, and MIA (I'd go noon or later at PC). However, if the ship is late or there is some other delay, even later flights can be in jeopardy. I was on a ship once that was 3 hours late into PC and barely made my 1 PM flight (was one of the first 10 people off of the ship). I was boarding a ship in Tampa that was 4 hours behind because the wind was so strong that they would not allow the ship all of the way through the channel and she had to debark passengers/luggage at an industrial mooring and then bus them to the terminal. You just never know ....

We usually won't book before noon. We've flown out of both FLL and Tampa and both are easy airports to navigate. Although our last trip to FLL we had to wait a very long time in line to check our bags. And, as has been mentioned, you never know if your ship might be delayed an hour or so due to unforseen circumstances. If you booked your air through the ship (which usually costs 3 times as much) they will change your flight for you if it is missed, but if you book it yourself, you are on your own if you miss your flight. My philosophy...better safe than sorry :(

I know I am taking a chance but the Freedom of the Seas comes into port at 7:00 am, so I booked a flight for 10:30 am. I will do the express check-out. I now it's taking a chance but we are flying into New Orleans and will have a three hour drive back. The next flight wasn't until late afternoon which would have put us getting back too late. I considered this, but then thought about having to go back to work the next day so I will just take a chance. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Having sailed out of FLL many times...I wouldn't book anything before noon. I've always liked the flights that leave after 3pm.

Archived