Any Info ? Ship trouble Norwiegian Wind just back from Hawaii

Jimbo

Yes, we met a lady in Kona on Wed. 11/10 who was on the Wind. They lost an engine and were only going 14 knots (is that per hour?). They had about 4 hours in Kona. She said they would get to all their ports, but not in the order of their itinerary. That would be a bummer for rental cars and excursions!

Lisa

I'm not sure if this was a real question or not but I'll answer it anyway. 14 knots is 14 nautical miles per hour. 14 nautical miles is 16.1109123 statute miles or land miles in the U.S. & anywhere that doesn't use metric miles. 1 knot equals 1.15077945 miles per hour.

Yes, the Wind is having propulsion problems...the current 11 day has had all the ports shuffled and they lost their day in Lahaina. Will take 2 full days (today and tomorrow) to get to Fanning and then 3 full days to get back, ending with a call the final day in Hilo. Anyone who had rental cars booked had to do some real scrambling the last couple days I would guess.

Any idea if they gave any compensations to the passengers for missed ports and late arrivals.......I know they don't have too but any idea if they did?

Doesn't sound like it was to pleasant for the passengers, heard alot of people were sea sick too, might be due to the fact the ship was going so slow, bobing up and down in the ocean like a bobber.

Thanks for the link to the other post also, didn't see that until now.

Jimbo:)

So far all we received was a port charge credit from Fanning Island of $10.35 each. (Was credited to our on-board account). I haven't pursued other compensation at this point - I'm too busy trying to catch up at work to mess with NCL's customer service center. There were a lot of sea-sick passengers. Some accounted it to their cruising experience being in the Caribbean vs. this cruise being in the Pacific. Apparantly the water is more rough in the Pacific than in the Caribbean.

We cruised the wind that lost and engine NCL was wonderful in keeping us informed and we really didnt miss anything except fanning island. We talked to dozens of people and almost no one had any sickness of any kind due to the sea, my new wife packed all kind of sea sickness meds and we never opened one. NCL does such a wonderful job despite things that happen beyond their control

Archived