Price match? help!

pj7262

A few months ago I booked a cruise through a PVP at Carnival. He was the one who sent us the "Thank you for cruising with Carnival - please call me if you would like to book another one" postcard after our cruise on the Glory. I ended up booking a room 4G (obstructed OV) for $469.00 pp... I told him I was slightly apprehensive booking so early but he told me that if a better price became available just call and he will take care of it.

Well sure enough, they started this new early saver program and a 4G for that week now costs $449.00 pp which would be a $40 obc. The PVP never writes me back anymore and the person I spoke to on the phone said that she's not sure she can change my rate because it's a new promotion and I will have to fill out price protection paperwork.

This seems strange because a similar thing happened last year and we ended up from an inside to a room with two portholes when a better price came along.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or did I just happen to get a not so helpful woman on the phone?

I believe on bookings cruising 5 days or less you can get the price adjusted through carnival all the way up to 2 months before sailing with the early save program. 6 days or more it would have to be before 6 months. I hope this helps since no one else answered. :)

In order to get that low fare on the Early Saver you have to switch to the Early Saver program. What your seeing is not a decrease in your price but a new program all together. If you book under the Early Saver you are guaranteed the lower price up until I believe 2 days before cruising. If the price drops is under another promotion other than Early Saver you could get it. (past guest, senior, or sale that includes already booked cabins.)

The lasy you spoke ot at Carnival was wrong. You have to submit price protection paperwork to get the OBC if you are booked under early saver and the price goes down.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am misleading you~:rolleyes:

A few months ago I booked a cruise through a PVP at Carnival. He was the one who sent us the "Thank you for cruising with Carnival - please call me if you would like to book another one" postcard after our cruise on the Glory. I ended up booking a room 4G (obstructed OV) for $469.00 pp... I told him I was slightly apprehensive booking so early but he told me that if a better price became available just call and he will take care of it.

Well sure enough, they started this new early saver program and a 4G for that week now costs $449.00 pp which would be a $40 obc. The PVP never writes me back anymore and the person I spoke to on the phone said that she's not sure she can change my rate because it's a new promotion and I will have to fill out price protection paperwork.

This seems strange because a similar thing happened last year and we ended up from an inside to a room with two portholes when a better price came along.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or did I just happen to get a not so helpful woman on the phone?

Would that happen to be Luis R. by any chance??

I just know when the early saver program started, I called my pvp and she changed my booking to the cheaper price. I had military discount and it only saved me 3 dollars per person but that's okay! My cruise is not till may 10th.

In order to do that she switched you to the Early Saver program. Thats the only way you get the Early Saver rates. Thats the whole point of the program. There are certain "rules" to the program, but if your good with them you get a great rate.

I booked under the Early Saver for my New Years cruise and it saved me $200 per person. But I also now have a non-refundable deposit. Thats also fine because I know I'm not cancelling.

I just know when the early saver program started, I called my pvp and she changed my booking to the cheaper price. I had military discount and it only saved me 3 dollars per person but that's okay! My cruise is not till may 10th.

You gave up a refundable deposit for a mere 3 dollars:confused:

She explained it to me! I am a bartender and have people to cover my shifts very easily. I live 45 minutes from the port. It is a great program for me. This will be my 5th cruise and i've never canceled.

$3.00 less at the risk of loosing your whole deposit does not sound like a great program to anyone lol!

I think Kurbanfan ( love your name btw~) and I are on the same page. It would take alot more than $3 for me to give up a refundable deposit. I think there is genuinely alot of misunderstanding still about this program. But I'm glad it works for you!

Call back. The PVP you spoke to does not understand the program. carnival will happily switch you over to the new program, BUT before you do make sure that you understand the rules. There are big penalties for canceling or changing dates, etc.

By switching to the Early Saver program OP may only be saving $3 pp right NOW. But she ensures she will get OBC for any price drops that come out in the future. If she knows she's not cancelling...what better way to get a good price now and protect yourself for an even better price down the road if it goes down?

Aloha,

Kat

By switching to the Early Saver program OP may only be saving $3 pp right NOW. But she ensures she will get OBC for any price drops that come out in the future. If she knows she's not cancelling...what better way to get a good price now and protect yourself for an even better price down the road if it goes down?

Aloha,

Kat

Thank you! Now I don't feel ganged up on anymore!:D

Aloha,

Kat

After penalty phase if the price goes down then she is eligible for obc up to 2 days of sailing.........

Before penalty phase everyone who is booked is eligible for a price reduction regardless if you booked with the early saver program or not.........

Nobody ever plans on cancelling lol! I wish I had her crystal ball:D

So for 3 dollars she is betting that the price drops after the penalty phase and that she does not have to cancel:D

I understand what you are saying but any savings to me (a single mom of 2) I will gladly take! There is no risk of loosing my deposit, like I said I am going no matter what!

Thank you! Now I don't feel ganged up on anymore!:D

I dont think you were ganged up on.. I think some more experienced cruisers were trying to tell you that you were being penny wise and dollar foolish...

$3 savings is neglible .. doesnt even buy a high school lunch..

jmho

Have a great cruise

Am I following this correctly on here.....that is we book under the Early Saver, we have to submit some paperwork in order to get OBC or credit towards or balance if the prices go lower????

Yes, and your deposit is non refundable, but you can change your cruise at a fee of $50pp. If you change it, you will get your depsoit back as a credit which must be used within 1 year or you will lose it.

GL

I went this route and it saved me a heck of a lot more than $3. But I am with you $3.00 is $3.00. Some people don't understand that there are some of us will not cancel for anything. I have even told my family if something happened to me you go without me or I would come back and haunt them. The only thing I didn't like about it is that I had to pick my cabin. I usually always go with a guarantee instead and that has always worked out. I also like the fact that I am now guaranteed the lowest price up until 2 days before the cruise as long as I keep a watch on the prices (which I always do).

Archived