Cruiseship tour

vancouverpacific

Does HAL provide a tour of the cruiseship to their passengers and, if so, does this tour include places like the bridge and engine room?

There is usually a kitchen tour conducted near the beginning of a cruise. Have had some personalized tours by the Hotel Manager through the Meet & Greet CC Roll Calls but not the bridge.

There is usually a kitchen tour conducted near the beginning of a cruise. Have had some personalized tours by the Hotel Manager through the Meet & Greet CC Roll Calls but not the bridge.

On our last cruise we did the kitchen tour. We also had a backstage tour offered one morning, which I loved. We had a lot of sea days, so I'm not sure it's offered when there are only 2 (which is what our next cruise has). You can also download an iPod tour of the art hanging around the ship and take a self-guided tour of that aspect. Very interesting.

On the first day -- it will be listed in the daily program once you get to your cabin -- will be a time and place to meet -- groups are taken around the ship to show them the pools, dining room, salon, gym, etc.

However, since 9/11 there are no tours of the bridge or the engine room anymore.

Unfortunately, that was what I feared. I am one of those that is in awe of what people can create and would have loved to see the backend (engine room, bridge, service areas) of a cruiseship. sort of like sitting in the cockpit of a plane, another thing of the past due to security concerns.

This is the first cruise for my DW and I. When I was going to university I drove a taxi and would work the two piers when the cruise ships came in. For the last few years we have watched countless ships tie up and leave port and I am so excited about actually sailing on one.

Just thought it would be really neat seeing how these ships actually work.

The front desk usually has information about all the art on board each ship! We always get this when we are on a different ship and tour on our own. There is lovely art all over the ship and we see places we would not see otherwise.:)

This is the first cruise for my DW and I. When I was going to university I drove a taxi and would work the two piers when the cruise ships came in. For the last few years we have watched countless ships tie up and leave port and I am so excited about actually sailing on one.

Just thought it would be really neat seeing how these ships actually work.

How wonderfully exciting for you.

Hope you and your DW have a great time.

The ships really are very beautiful and it's such a treat to be able to sail on them.

Enjoy! :)

Princess is starting a new program that is basically a behind the scenes tour including engineering, the photo labs, laundry, kitchens, housekeeping and the bridge. But there is a catch, they charge $150 per person. I read it includes some souvenirs etc but I dont know much more. They are starting to do this on the new ship, Ruby Princess, and if successful will roll it out to other ships. Maybe this is something HAL could do...

Archived