Disappointed

beach410

It would have been $400 more to book the regular way.

Yes, but if you have to cancel, you will lose your deposits of $750, so I still think -- speaking for me personally -- I would have booked at the higher rate and had more freedom with my booking.

The Early Saver was in answer to the thousands of complaints of the elimination of fare adjustments after Final Booking (during which time fares often drop dramatically to fill the ships) -- at the tradeoff of not being able to cancel or make (free) changes. It offers a reduced fare at booking, with the possibility of fare drops all the way to 2 days before departure. You can still book at the best deal you can find and take advantage of fare drops up to final Payment (and cancel anytime prior to final payment) ken

I'll stick with the old way of doing it -- I have NEVER had a price drop on any of my cruises, so I don't think I will be missing out if they drop inside the 90-day window. I just don't like how restrictive the Early Saver is!

beach410 - It was (for some reason I can't seem to document) always my understanding that they don't (not can't) join the twins in a cabin with two bunks. Now I'm curious, and will investigate a bit!!! I didn't realize you booked via TA. ken

We have had 2 uppers on Fantasy class ships before and the lower beds were pushed together just fine. The layout or size of this particular cabin must be slightly off.

There would be no reason for me to change or cancel this booking if this little bit of information was provided up front. If I had booked this on line, I would be in the same dilemma as there is nothing in fine print mentioning this little fact that to me seems like a pretty big omission. So, you mean to tell me when you book a cruise you always confirm that the two lowers can be made as one? Again, this information should be passed on to all TA in a memo highlighted in RED.

So you're telling me that if you book with the new Early Saver thingy they have going on that you can't make ANY changes to your booking?

If I understand correctly, then how in the world is Early Saver a good thing?? You save a little money, but you are LOCKED IN to whatever you pick, you can't move around, you can't downgrade, your ONLY option that I see is that you can get a price drop if it becomes available after final payment.

Saving 20-25% off the cost of a cabin is not a "little money" to most people. Early Saver isn't for everyone, but if you definitely know when, where and how you want to go and are willing to take a bit of a risk (or insure yourself), it can be worth it. In most cases, even a $50 rebooking fee will result in a lower fare than you would have had under normal circumstances.

Saving 20-25% off the cost of a cabin is not a "little money" to most people. Early Saver isn't for everyone, but if you definitely know when, where and how you want to go and are willing to take a bit of a risk (or insure yourself), it can be worth it. In most cases, even a $50 rebooking fee will result in a lower fare than you would have had under normal circumstances.

You're right. 25% savings is a big deal, and it would pain me to have to pass it up. To me, the chance to save $300 as opposed to possibly losing $1000 if our plans change just doesn't make sense. I can't risk losing that much money. DH would wring my neck!

Another way to bypass all this garbage -- book with groups! I haven't heard them changing their cancellation policies for groups (yet)!

beach410, I still have my fingers crossed that they will take care of you and make this right.

So you're telling me that if you book with the new Early Saver thingy they have going on that you can't make ANY changes to your booking?

If I understand correctly, then how in the world is Early Saver a good thing?? You save a little money, but you are LOCKED IN to whatever you pick, you can't move around, you can't downgrade, your ONLY option that I see is that you can get a price drop if it becomes available after final payment.

I feel for you OP. I think you need to pursue this. Go up the chain of command. Be polite but persistent. Good luck to you!

AND, your deposit is non-refundable, ANYTIME you cancel.

So, I think I am getting this great deal, the room looks wonderful on the website, new balcony on the Sensation, and come to find out there is no couch, like the current picture they have, and the room has two uppers and two lowers, no way to put the lowers together to make a king. Switched from IS and booked this early saver, so I cant change it. :(

How can Carnival advertise a room that is so far from the truth and why arent the agents told this up front? They should have put at least an artists rendition of the room lay out instead of some picture of a balcony room from some other ship. I know the website says it may look different, but even on the deck plan, the # of uppers isnt accurate.. bummed...

Did you by chance book a guarentted room? if you did, you are at Carnival's mercy what which room they put you in. They don't know that the 4 people actually want to sleep together (or at least 2 of you), so they accommodate 4 separate people (2 upper/2 lower). If you specifically want 2 lower than convert, you have to book that. Now, if you DID book a specific room that SAID 2 lower could convert to King and they put you in something different, KEEP AT THEM. If you booked a guarentee....you got what you paid for.

There would be no reason for me to change or cancel this booking if this little bit of information was provided up front. If I had booked this on line, I would be in the same dilemma as there is nothing in fine print mentioning this little fact that to me seems like a pretty big omission. So, you mean to tell me when you book a cruise you always confirm that the two lowers can be made as one? Again, this information should be passed on to all TA in a memo highlighted in RED.

A professional travel agent who books cruises, has been in the business a while, who has actually been on a cruise ship, sailed on one, went on ship inspections would be up-to-date on all information....she would make it part of her business to do so.

She would have asked the questions you did not....before she risked your $$......and would have explained everything to you before she made the change.

All of Carnival's photos of all their cabin categories give a disclaimer that some cabins have different layouts.......

This is not a Carnival issue; this is a travel agent issue. You should be on her to make this right.

Good luck.

A professional travel agent who books cruises' date=' has been in the business a while, who has actually been on a cruise ship, sailed on one, went on ship inspections would be up-to-date on all information....she would make it part of her business to do so.

She would have asked the questions you did not....before she risked your $$......and would have explained everything to you before she made the change.

[b']I booked this thru Seamiles, and if I didnt ask him the question, why should he think anything wierd like not being able to put two lowers together? If my booking agent failed to read a disclaimer that Carnival provided them with the new layout of the balcony rooms, then I agree its Seamiles fault.[/b]

All of Carnival's photos of all their cabin categories give a disclaimer that some cabins have different layouts.......

Carnival's disclaimer actually says the appearance of the room, not the layout, even though, they probably mean the same to Carnival, it doesnt to me, its just as simple to post an artists rendition of the room or take a picture of a balcony room minus the couch, why purposely mislead the consumer? And they have no disclaimer on the deck plans saying those symbols are possibly inaccurate, which they were.

This is not a Carnival issue; this is a travel agent issue. You should be on her to make this right.

The deck plan being misleading is Carnival's fault, this was the updated version and it still showed only one upper.

Good luck.

Thank you, It appears that I have some. After spending hours on the phone with a Seamiles manager, he was able to get me back into our Inside room, the same one, with the same cost. A balcony is not worth giving up snuggling with my DH. ;)

Thanks for everyone's support and well wishes!!

Thank you, It appears that I have some. After spending hours on the phone with a Seamiles manager, he was able to get me back into our Inside room, the same one, with the same cost. A balcony is not worth giving up snuggling with my DH. ;)

Glad it worked out for you. And didn't cost any extra $$$

I'm glad Carnival fixed their screw up:p Although you didn't get your balcony, I'm sure you will have a great cruise. And good for you for sticking to your guns:)

I'm glad Carnival fixed their screw up:p Although you didn't get your balcony, I'm sure you will have a great cruise. And good for you for sticking to your guns:)

I am not going to defend Carnival, but I looked at the cabin descriptions, and many of these new balconies clearly say, in bright red letters: Note: Twin beds do not convert when both upper berths in use.

This is not a Carnival issue this is a TA who did not read the latest info. I am glad for the OP that she got her situation resolved.

Real clear to me what happens is that if both uppers are pulled down there is no where to walk if the beds are pushed together so for safety reasons they will not allow it. I also suspect that there is a couch in the cabin, but it is not a sleeper couch so it is not noted.

TA dropped the ball here. I'm glad OP got it fixed.

I feel for you OP. I think you need to pursue this. Go up the chain of command. Be polite but persistent. Good luck to you!

Which is exactly why I will be locking myself in for those cute little wrap around balconies that are 9As, great prices!!!

It sounded like a complete misunderstanding and it should be straightened out at no cost. These cabins are not even available yet so I'm not sure if the customer service at Carnival would even be able to explain what was in the cabin:rolleyes: They knew it was a couple and 2 children.......why in the world would they put them in twin beds:rolleyes:

If it was me I certainly would pursue it......I would not take no for an answer..........

But I still don't understand why the 2 twins can't be put together......they are just taking oceanview and adding balconies.....all oceanview cabin beds can be moved.......

Since on that class of ship Carnival states the room is only 185 sqft I would assume they would have to take out the original picture window to put in a door to get on the balcony. The configuration of the cabin would have to change to give you access to the door. So they had to take the sofa out, in order to allow to move twin beds so the uppers can have a place for their ladders. Id assume it would have the bed config of the oceanviews from the Dream.

I am not going to defend Carnival, but I looked at the cabin descriptions, and many of these new balconies clearly say, in bright red letters: Note: Twin beds do not convert when both upper berths in use.

This is not a Carnival issue this is a TA who did not read the latest info. I am glad for the OP that she got her situation resolved.

I cant believe I missed this? Where exactly did you find that?

But also, please remember, this cabin wasnt marked as having twin uppers only one upper, which is the gripe I have against Carnival. My TA fixed it, maybe even at their cost, but I am happy non the less, I still think Carnival can do a better job at advertising this room. I think its their responsibility to the consumer.

And there is no couch at all.

So, I think I am getting this great deal, the room looks wonderful on the website, new balcony on the Sensation, and come to find out there is no couch, like the current picture they have, and the room has two uppers and two lowers, no way to put the lowers together to make a king. Switched from IS and booked this early saver, so I cant change it. :(

How can Carnival advertise a room that is so far from the truth and why arent the agents told this up front? They should have put at least an artists rendition of the room lay out instead of some picture of a balcony room from some other ship. I know the website says it may look different, but even on the deck plan, the # of uppers isnt accurate.. bummed...

If your cruise is not until June 14th then you have not made final payment yet.So you can change your cabin with out a charge.I did it twice already and I'm also on the Early Saver Rate.

I did book with Carnival online so I go right to my reservation and make the change.Poof....done.No charge.

Only If you change the date of sail or the ship will you get charged a $50.00 per person charge.

Good luck.

They told me and my TA on several occasions I couldnt change room category. I was told several different things from Carnival during the course of this. It has only one upper and a rollaway, no, two uppers, cant change the room category, etc. In the end it all worked out, I am fine with my IS room and will have a wonderful time regarless.

I am a little disappointed that I wont have a balcony though, I have never had one.

Did you change your room category or just the location?

They told me and my TA on several occasions I couldnt change room category. I was told several different things from Carnival during the course of this. It has only one upper and a rollaway, no, two uppers, cant change the room category, etc. In the end it all worked out, I am fine with my IS room and will have a wonderful time regarless.

I am a little disappointed that I wont have a balcony though, I have never had one.

Did you change your room category or just the location?

I booked a Cat.8A on the Upper Deck and was told those cabins can be noisy so I went online and changed it to a Cat.8B.

I did not get charged for that change.Only the $10.00pp to upgrade from one category to the next.

From what I read on the Carnival website they only charge you $50.00 per person when you change the date of sail or the ship your sailing on...

I don't know why they told you you could not change your cabin without incurring a charge.Mmmm.That doesn't make sense.

I'm glad everything worked out for you!Have a great cruise.

If you are working with a TA, then your anger should be directed toward your TA. I assume you communicated clearly with the TA and the TA in turn worked with Carnival. It is the TA's responsibility to make it right.

Did I say anything about ANGER? No, I merely said I was disappointed that the deck plan shows one upper and I find out later on that the room actually has two uppers and to boot, the lower beds doesnt convert to a KING. Not understanding why people think this is anyones fault but Carnival's for misrepresenting a room, but if this information was posted when Seamiles switched me, then yes, it is definately their responsibility and they made it right. Also, Carnival agents were all confused as well as to what was actually in the room and always had to confer with others to confirm, and once we were told exactly what the deck plan shows, one upper, not two.

And regarding switching rooms, yes you can upgrade, but not downgrade is what I was told.

And there is no couch at all.

Everyone keeps mentioning a couch.......every oceanview cabin I have been in on the fantasy classs ships never had a couch. Only a chair..........actually there was no room for a couch.

Is the couch only in the cabins which hold more then 2 people?

Archived