Teen Program?

iloveokw

When we cruise RCCL our daughter will have recently turned 18 but will still be in high school. I know some cruiselines still let them participate in the teen program. How about RCCL?

In 2006 my daughter went on a cruise it was her senior trip from us and yes she got to hang out with the teen group. She was 18 in Jan and we went in March...I was so happy.

I really wish they did something for older teens (do they?). Our daughter will be cruising with us in July and is a college freshman this year (19).

I will agree on that...because 19 I don't think they will allow it then. I know that year my daughter kinda felt out of place...but still had alot of fun. Just harder to meet ones her age.

On our 2007 RCI cruise our just turned 18 year old daughter was told that no she could not participate in the teen program. However, they did host a young adult event the first evening. Only 3 of them showed up but they ended up hanging out for the rest of the cruise and went to lots of the onboard activities together - had a great time and still talk occasionally.

Unfortunately, there is really no way of knowing which ship will allow 18 yr olds into the teen program and when. We were on the Mariner in June 07 and June 08. They didn't allow 18 yr olds in the teen center the week we were on in 07 but they did in 08. My then 17 yr old hung out with a bunch of 18 yr olds in the living room most nights.

Now that he is 18, I hope if we do end up cruising this June, he will be able to hang out there again. I am actually thinking of bringing one of his friends with us so if he can't get in, he will have someone to hang with.

At 18 and 19 your kids do not want to hang out with 16 and 17 year olds.

They want to hang out at the bar and flirt with the 21 year old bartenders.

No did you have to go and say that, good thing my hubby don't read this board. My daughter is turning 18 in April. We are going on the Explorer in August, lol.

He should read it and your daughter should be forewarned about these guys. They are not new at this game.

I would have to say not all 18 and 19 yr olds are that way...that they like a bunch of kids to hang out with ...

He should read it and your daughter should be forewarned about these guys. They are not new at this game.

You hit that nail on the head. She will be warned that the local 17-19s are a walk in the park compared to what she is about to meet and their degrees in BS. Her 21 year brother will be watching her too.

Archived