catagorie 4g

lhargrove62

Hello, I am going to be on the Carnival Splendor in July. We booked the 4G cabins. 4G is at the very front of the ship, with windows that open to a public walk way. Is there a lot of ship noise at the very front of the ship? Are you able to see out to the ocean if there are no people there? Thanks! :o

The ones on the front of Conquest class ships, there is a wall outside the window, so you can barely see over the top of the wall to the ocean. Thats why these were changed from 6B to 4G, because they are very very obstructed. If they were true unobstructed cabins, they would have kept them OV category. Im guessing the cabin you are speaking of is similar to the ones I have seen on Conquest.

Yes, the catagorie has been changed to an interior because the view is blocked by the walkway and it is not private. I was more worried about the noise caused by the ship while docking and leaving the port. I understand the anchor and horn can be very noisy.

I started a thread a good while ago requesting information on this type of room because I will be in one on the Freedom in April. I only got a few responses but if you search this thread under eedee, you will learn a little more about this particular cabin. One person was nice enough to show a picture of the view from your window.

Yes, the catagorie has been changed to an interior because the view is blocked by the walkway and it is not private. I was more worried about the noise caused by the ship while docking and leaving the port. I understand the anchor and horn can be very noisy.

These cabins are too high up to be bothered by anchor or docking noise. Don't worry. They are at the end of a hall with fewer cabins down that way, so they will be quiet.

We had a similar cabin on Princess, except the view was not as obstructed. It was like having a private balcony out front, few went out during the day and the windows were tinted so no one can see in during the day. We loved waking up and seeing the port spread out in front of us up the mountains, which we could see.

• 2 weeks later...

My cabin is a 4F and it is not an inside. It is what used to be classified as a 5A (obstructed ocean view) and has a door that opens and a window. They recategorized the cabins so there are no 5A's anymore. I suspect your cabin used to be a 5A or something similar. My cabin will be obstructed by lifeboats but at least I can open the door & get fresh ocean air so to me it is better than a 6A cuz I get fresh air, sunlight, and I happen to have picked a cabin between lifeboats so I'll have alittle bit of a view. Plus I'm several decks higher than the 6A's and I paid less so I'm good with it. Just a few more days YIPPEE!

I have a 4G on Victory in May. I plan on posting a review, which will either be really long because of the 6 ports and pre & post-cruise stays in San Juan, or will be really short because I'll be too exhausted to take notes or write when I get home.

But I will take pics of the cabin. :D

I know there are some here, because I looked at them before I booked.

You could do a search, but searching of a specific cabin on a specific ship doesn't always yield good results. You would need to search all ships with the same sort of cabin along with the other cabins on the other decks. It can be tedious.

I may even have posted on the "Cabin Selection" board. That may be where the pics were posted.

I know my cabin is an HC cabin and that the beds do NOT convert to a King. That isn't an issue for me because I sail with my DD. The key on the deck plans note this.

I don't care about the window, really. I happen to like inside cabins. I do like that the 'secret' deck is right there, though. And I don't care about being higher. I actually prefer lower cabins. I don't WANT to be closer to the food. I want to take the stairs as much as possible to offset the caloric consumption.

I booked Victory back in November during the P1S sale and got the 4G for a 4A price (also got a $200 pp price drop using that code on my Miracle aft balcony). It was just too good to pass up.

My cabin is a 4F and it is not an inside. It is what used to be classified as a 5A (obstructed ocean view) and has a door that opens and a window. They recategorized the cabins so there are no 5A's anymore. I suspect your cabin used to be a 5A or something similar.

Your 4F is specific to spirit class ships. The ones we are talking about used to be 6Bs on Conquest class. They are now 4Gs. Conquest class still has 5As. Just Spirit class no longer has them. Probably so all the 5As left are only port holes, and folks are not confused.

We were just on the Valor in January and stayed on the Panorama deck in a 4G (1002) which was all the way forward. The cabin has a large window that faces an open deck. We absolutely loved this cabin. It was fantastic. It is a handicap accessible cabin. We were originally booked in another room and then this became available a few weeks before we sailed so I booked it. The bathroom was huge and the cabin itself was very roomy. My sisters both had balcony cabins on the same deck and my room was bigger. My room had 2 twins that converted to a king and an upper and sofa. The deck in the front was rarely used and we usually had it to ourselves. We never heard the anchor or horn once but we did hear the the treadmills in the morning, as the gym is directly above. The noise wasn't overwhelming. They were not loud enough to hear over the tv and it was not enough to ever deter me from booking that type of cabin again. I would highly recommend it!! Here are some pics:

DSCN0123.jpg.fdd67f295f84fc73aee8ce3c6141f4d3.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg.f1ce0cf4dc897985f2632e284267a507.jpg

DSCN0144.jpg.97f60921e58a2be091fb59364ca533a8.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg.7ef49c8bff616cb0e0dd74126f8be8d3.jpg

Did you notice the wind and the movement of the ship being that far forward and that high up?

Thanks,

Tim:cool:

Only one night did we notice it and honestly it wasn't bad. It was kinda of like a gentle mini rocking side-to-side motion. I am prone to motion sickness (i.e., car sick, roller coasters) and was never sick the whole week. Now to be fair, I will add that we had perfect weather all week. There was not a drop of rain the whole week. We were on the Glory on the verandah deck two years ago and hit some rough seas on the way to the Bahamas. We were REALLY rocking. The closet doors were opening and slamming shut. That was the worse I've ever experienced. This was my 5th cruise and we've stayed on different decks and different areas of the ship every time and this was my favorite thus far. The room was so incredibly convenient to the lido deck and pools and also very close to camp carnival (we brought the kids). You literally walk down the hall to the outside door and you exit right by the waterslide. Again we loved this deck!

We had a similar cabin on Lido deck on the Caribbean Princess. I can relate to the sound of the treadmills. We had that too, thump thump thump. All day long rhythmically, but we learned to tune it out as white noise. I did feel the motion one day practically standing on my head trying to root thru my suitcase which was on the floor while I was standing up. Otherwise we were ok with being that far forward. You do feel the motion a tiny bit more I have to admit but Id sure grab that cabin again.

i was kinda worried about that cabin location. I'm located on the empress deck 7203. Almost forgot it's on the liberty. I'm so hoping that i made a good choice. It'll be my moms 1st cruise. So i want it to be a good one with a good cabin.

the pics were good i'm wondering were there any of the bathroom? The price i got was wonderful under 1grand for the cruise so i'm happy about that. So hopefully before 5/30 there will be some new pics available.

• 1 month later...
i was kinda worried about that cabin location. I'm located on the empress deck 7203. Almost forgot it's on the liberty. I'm so hoping that i made a good choice. It'll be my moms 1st cruise. So i want it to be a good one with a good cabin.

the pics were good i'm wondering were there any of the bathroom? The price i got was wonderful under 1grand for the cruise so i'm happy about that. So hopefully before 5/30 there will be some new pics available.

Please come back to this site after your cruise and let me know how the room was. I have the exact same room on Liberty in Aug. So please post pics or at least come back here and let us know. Thank you good luck and have fun.

We were just on the Valor in January and stayed on the Panorama deck in a 4G (1002) which was all the way forward. The cabin has a large window that faces an open deck. We absolutely loved this cabin. It was fantastic. It is a handicap accessible cabin. We were originally booked in another room and then this became available a few weeks before we sailed so I booked it. The bathroom was huge and the cabin itself was very roomy. My sisters both had balcony cabins on the same deck and my room was bigger. My room had 2 twins that converted to a king and an upper and sofa. The deck in the front was rarely used and we usually had it to ourselves. We never heard the anchor or horn once but we did hear the the treadmills in the morning, as the gym is directly above. The noise wasn't overwhelming. They were not loud enough to hear over the tv and it was not enough to ever deter me from booking that type of cabin again. I would highly recommend it!! Here are some pics:

Well this is great i hope Liberty Empress deck room 7203 is very similar.

We had that room on the Glory and are getting the same room on the Freedom in June. It's smaller than a normal OV room. But it does feel like your own private balcony. Not that many people go out there. You can't see much from the window, cause the wall is quite high. I prefer this room over the rm we were originally given, which was bottom deck forward. Empress deck is very convenient to Lido & Promenade. Not as convenient as to getting off at ports though. Also you cannot sit in the window like you can in a normal OV. The bed is right under the window. Sorry, I don't have pictures of it. As for noise, I didn't really hear any excess noise or any more motion than any other cabin we've been in, Considering it's right under the bridge. Not a far walk to the elevators either.

• 1 month later...

As noted above, I'm on Victory on 5/17 in 7205. It differs from the pics posted above as it's a end cabin and - again - the beds do NOT convert. So, if you're sailing with your significant other, be aware of that. I'm pretty sure the one pic I saw showed the beds end-to-end, against the wall next to 7203.

I specifically picked Empress deck because we'll be under the bridge and above another passenger deck. I figured it would be nice and quiet.

I won't be home until late 5/26, and have to return to work the next day, so it will probaby take me a while to get my review written and posted, but I'll try to upload my pics as soon as I return. I use Webshots and will post a link to them, even if I don't get my review going for a day or two.

I hope you report back. We booked this cabin on Splendor for December 6th. We booked it because it is 220ft vs 185ft.

Kim

• 1 month later...

I'll post pics of 7205 on Victory tonight (assuming I don't go home and go straight to bed). Just home last night from San Juan and am very tired, but want to get my review written soon.

Strange layout. Not nearly as roomy as I expected. Too much "secret door" slamming early in the morning. Lots of movement the first night; next to none the rest of the cruise.

Long walk (244 steps) down the halway to the aft stairwell and 148 steps from Deck 0 to Deck 7! Good news was I "only" gained 3-1/2 pounds (and I ate a lot, for me!).

I think the end cabins higher up are probably larger. It's the ones on Deck 6 & 7 that are configured like this.

Standing at the door - head of this bed is against the wall where the door is located. Bathroom door is across from this bed...

2540737300102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2nd bed - note that the TV sticks out. If changed to a flat screen, there would be more room to maneuver...

2049281610102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Large closet at end of bed 2 - it goes all the way back behind the closet with the shelves & safe...

2005352380102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

HC bathroom - no shelves other than inside the medicine cabinet on the right side of the sink - note the reflection of the hair dryer - 1 setting only & it was hot and powerful...

2225478270102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Roll-in shower with fold-down seat - also had a Call Button in there...

2415367560102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

View from the window (over bed #2)...

2779297220102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

And something I've never seen on a cruise ship - a radio on the wall at the head of bed #1!

Archived