Snow in Britain

yorky

Hi Folks,

Just because London has has a dusting of snow it makes the news,

us lot up here in Scotland get snow, I used to own my own snow plough and gritter.

I still have a 4x4, this week was using an excavator to dig through snow so what,

have had snow deeper than the height of my 4x4 in past years,

so do not say UK can not handle snow,

its the south of England that can not handle snow,

yours Shogun

Congratulations on all your equipment, as you are so well organised in all things, please explain why does the rest of the UK have to change the clocks because your afraid of the dark in Scotland:rolleyes:. Please buy an energy efficient light and let us have double summer time

Jungles

In 2003 due to snow Princess flew pax to next port, although we did wait until nearly 8 o’clock

Congratulations on all your equipment, as you are so well organised in all things, please explain why does the rest of the UK have to change the clocks because your afraid of the dark in Scotland:rolleyes:. Please buy an energy efficient light and let us have double summer time

Oooh - one bowl of cream coming right up :D

Jungles

In 2003 due to snow Princess flew pax to next port, although we did wait until nearly 8 o’clock

Apparently the clocks were changed during WW2 to help farmers

True, but is one allowed to board at another port other than Port Everglades?

Oh, Juggles, you gave me my morning laugh. Hope you get your answer before the 'spring thaw'!

And here's a little smile for you. Sort of relevent to the London situation, came out last year when normally 'perfect' Toronto was whimpreing about the snow.Won't get you your answer but it was funny...

oh, juggles, you gave me my morning laugh. Hope you get your answer before the 'spring thaw'!

And here's a little smile for you. Sort of relevent to the london situation, came out last year when normally 'perfect' toronto was whimpreing about the snow.won't get you your answer but it was funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzemrawavr8

lol

Hi Folks,

Just because London has has a dusting of snow it makes the news,

us lot up here in Scotland get snow, I used to own my own snow plough and gritter.

I still have a 4x4, this week was using an excavator to dig through snow so what,

have had snow deeper than the height of my 4x4 in past years,

so do not say UK can not handle snow,

its the south of England that can not handle snow,

yours Shogun

There was a lot of snow in London this week so I can understand the buses not running etc.

However, our weather in England, especially Southern England, used to be much worse. I lived in Kent until I married and then in Berkshire and we had a lot of very bad snowfalls. However, nothing ground to a halt as it has done this week. We still went to school clad in thick coats, gloves, wellies and balaclavas (whatever happened to balaclavas:confused:). Anyway the schools were never closed and if some of the teachers failed to make it in, then we all congregated in the hall and played games, sang songs etc and that was in the days when most mothers did not work, so we could have stayed home. I cannot remember my own children having to stay home because bad weather had closed the school. The only time the school closed, and that was only for a day or so, was when half of it was burned down by an arsonist:eek: It seems like the least little bit of snow nowadays and the schools have to close on grounds of health and safety.

I certainly hope that everyone who needs to fly out of the UK to join their cruises this week will not have any problems. However, my son who lives in the Midlands is snowed in at the moment with more snowfalls forecast:(

Good luck to all those of you flying out this week. The snow on the south coast (Gosport/Portsmouth) has vanished (we only had about an inch). Gatwick airport is operating OK, with just the odd flight delayed because of planes in the wrong place.

Hope you all make it safely to your airport of departure and onto your cruise.

yes good luck to you all and remember, you have a day to play with, so if delayed at Heathrow, the latest you can fly and still meet the ship [if a Saturday sailing] is about 8am Saturday morning...with the five hours difference

I heard on the news this week that the United Arab Emirates got 4 inches of snow. If it's not bad enough that they don't have any equipment to get rid of it, the news said that their particular language doesn't even have a word for snow LOL.

I heard on the news this week that the United Arab Emirates got 4 inches of snow. If it's not bad enough that they don't have any equipment to get rid of it, the news said that their particular language doesn't even have a word for snow LOL.

well, they have now ..LOL

I hope someone will come back and let us know if you all get there safely.

Bon Voyage!

My friend got a ticket on the 1330 flight but it's now due for takeoff at 1500hrs [from Heathrow to Miami]

Shorthaul/domestic flights a lot have been cancelled today

Archived