SantaAna,CA

Yes, it appears the Pride and the Spirit will be in Asia year round

and the Legend in Africa ~~

I am unhappy about this decision! :cool:

MB

Wow, this is a MAJOR change! Not thrilled either... :(

Host Dan

Dan

After the Spirit 2010 March TA Crossing it's "adios" to our favorite 12 day ocean voyages! The Legend will cruise the Caribbean and Central America.

I have heard from several that are also very upset as to our beloved Sister's being dispatched to other parts of the world.

Some feel the Odyssey will be too large as to their liking ~~and had planned on future cruises on one of the Sister's. I know of many older guests (who have been sailing Seabourn for many years) who simply can not manage to fly to Asia or Africa. What will they do?

Martita B.

The TA crossings on Legend and Pride are in-valuable. They brought together guests who have traveled for years on the ships, and therefore the voyages had the feeling of a true "family reunion". This is devistating news to me. This was one of the Seabourn's finest qualities that the other lines could never match. Miami bean-counters.... I'll bet NONE of them have been on a Seabourn TA cruise...

Host Dan

The TA crossings on Legend and Pride are in-valuable. They brought together guests who have traveled for years on the ships, and therefore the voyages had the feeling of a true "family reunion". This is devistating news to me. This was one of the Seabourn's finest qualities that the other lines could never match. Miami bean-counters.... I'll bet NONE of them have been on a Seabourn TA cruise...

I had my "first" TA on the Legend last April, and have the next 3 booked (upcoming April '09, Nov '09 & April '10) and I will be very sad if the TAs are discontinued on the triplets. Sailing solo, these sailings are the most cost-effective (i.e., "affordable") for me, and they replaced my week-long Caribbean bookings. It will be very difficult to justify alternative SB bookings for me, as the price-per-day will make it "almost" cost-prohibitive. :(

(And we were hoping that single supplements might come down....!! :eek: )

Well, we can hope...and keep our fingers crossed...;)

Paul

(who may ride out the Legend into the TA sunset....)

Dan

I feel the same as you. The Legend and the Pride TA Crossing's have truly been family reunions ~~this March will be my 7th spring Crossing in a row. To think there will be only 1 more (Spirit March 2010) is so sad. Many loyal Seabournites that cross each year will also be devastated. (2 usually filled ships)

If some of us start looking at other cruise lines, it won't be because "we left Seabourn....but will be, Seabourn left us!"

I'm saddened!:(

Martita B.

I am actually thinking the Asia region may be our next destination ( not such long flights either!) BUT none of the Asian itineraries are long enough for me.......think we would have to do back to backs to make a decent length. I have just started selling hubby on the idea!! :D

For me (us) it is also very disappointing that we won't be able to do the crossings on either of the triplets! Hopefully still 13 days to go on the Legend in April and (all of a sudden just) 12 (don't know why?) in November on the Spirit.

It is quite possible we will look at other lines for the crossings too or just cruise on good offered deals in Europe. No long and expensive flights either. I doubt if I can ever persuade René to fly to Asia or Australia!

Marja

Dan

After the Spirit 2010 March TA Crossing it's "adios" to our favorite 12 day ocean voyages! The Legend will cruise the Caribbean and Central America.

I have heard from several that are also very upset as to our beloved Sister's being dispatched to other parts of the world.

Some feel the Odyssey will be too large as to their liking ~~and had planned on future cruises on one of the Sister's. I know of many older guests (who have been sailing Seabourn for many years) who simply can not manage to fly to Asia or Africa. What will they do?

Martita B.

After it`s spell in the Med in 2010 The Legend will be in Africa and Asia. All the sisters will winter in the east leaving the Caribbean, South America and world cruises to the 2 big girls. :(

The prices may be higher now, but if this economy continues to decline, pricing will adjust.

Martha, could you explain what you mean by the triplets wintering in the east? Where will that be? Sounds depressing. :-(

Denyse

The Pride will sail China, Korea, Japan, etc.

The Spirit, Indonesia and even Australia, etc.

The Legend will sail Arabia, Indian Ocean, Africa, etc.

So, no more Triplets in the America's. The Odyssey and the Sojourn will be at times, in the Caribbean, S America and world cruises.

Those of us that will not fly to Asia or Africa will either sail the Odyssey (Sojourn) or find another cruise line.

Yes, it's very depressing ~~

Hope all is well in S.F.

Hug's sent

MB

Martha,

Yes, sad indeed. However, the itineraries in the East will be quite good, although certainly harder for you to get to from West Texas. When you said "east", I had visions of the triplets sailing from Halifax to the Bahamas!!!! ;-) I hadn't looked at the new itineraries, so that was my fault.

Change sure does get harder as we get older!!! Hugs back at you!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Denyse[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Oh how I wish Canada, (Halifax, one of my favorties) and the [I]East[/I]![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Flying from West Texas is now a feat as Continental pulled out of my closest airport. (American Air with 4 flights daily-some are cancelled without notice) San Antonio is 3 hours driving time and during the winter I-10 at times is iced. Dallas, 7 hour drive.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]I certainly wish I had my own corporate jet! I'd swing by San Francisco and pick you up for our cruise! :confused:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]MB[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived