New Itineraries

SantaAna,CA

Good morning to all. Was checking Seabourn's website this morning and I see the latter part of 2010 and some of 2011 is up. Exciting! I did check the Seychelles cruises, but didn't find the ports that exciting. There are only a couple of stops in the Seychelles islands at all. Well, lots to think about. Wondered if anyone found something they liked? I also noticed they have the Sojourn's itineraries up too.

Jane

We are on for Sept. 3, 2011 Bangkok (with a pre to Cambodia), then the cruise ( a revisit to Vietnam - can't wait) and then to China (a couple of revisits) Korea (new ports) and Japan followed by a post land cruise in Japan (never been before). Too exciting to pass up! Plus, on our small ship the Pride. Yeah!

Granny, whoohooo. That sounds pretty good to me.

I usually book a cruise in November or December. Looking on the new itineraries, it looks like the "triplets" will no longer be in the Caribbean; only the Sojourn and Odyssey. Well, if that doesn't sound like a reason for booking a cruise, I don't know what does. A farewell to the Caribbean, I think, is in order.

Jane

I havent won the lottery yet! :( :( :( Maybe the Aussie Dollar will have a growth spurt again......

You will need it to grow a lot. We are doing a 21 day Med cruise this August. Prices start at 10680. In 2010 same cruise prices start 13800. A 30% increase :(

There seems to be a significant jump in per diems for 2010-11, not justified by the current economy in terms of costs to the cruise line. Maybe Seabourn executives think things will be back to "normal" by then. Don't count on it.

My guess is that it is easier to start at the prices that have been listed and to drop the price rather than to raise the prices. So, I think that is the approach that those cruise lines who have posted rates beyond 2009 seem to be taking.

Of course what we read and hear says that the economy is going to take quite a long time to recover and that recovery will not begin for some time.

Keith

The nice thing about booking far out is; it does lock in the cabin one wants, it locks in the price if it is #controlled, and if the trip falls through one may switch booking with ease without any penalty as some other lines do, plus if the price does fall prior to the 120 days prior to final payment, the lower fare will be honored. The disadvantage is Seabourn has your down payment and is making interest on it - which at this point is not too high. Finally, they are not requiring a full payment a year ahead to qualify for special reduced fares as does another cruise line - although the full payment is refundable if one cancels 120 days out. It is nice to have choices.

The nice thing about booking far out is; it does lock in the cabin one wants, it locks in the price if it is #controlled, and if the trip falls through one may switch booking with ease without any penalty as some other lines do, plus if the price does fall prior to the 120 days prior to final payment, the lower fare will be honored. The disadvantage is Seabourn has your down payment and is making interest on it - which at this point is not too high. Finally, they are not requiring a full payment a year ahead to qualify for special reduced fares as does another cruise line - although the full payment is refundable if one cancels 120 days out. It is nice to have choices.

Don't forget the rest of us outside the States that don't have the benefit of having our deposit refunded - we lose it!!

Seabourn does require 25% deposit, higher than most cruise lines. I think that in this economy people might not want to put down several thousand dollars a year in advance. Especially since we are seeing big discounts for many cruises and there are bound to be many more in the coming year. Even if it's not a financial issue for some, it is a psychological one.

Don't forget the rest of us outside the States that don't have the benefit of having our deposit refunded - we lose it!!

Shefinch,

My travel agent in the US, who is a Virtuoso agent, books many clients that live outside the US. They pay in US dollars, so I would assume that they receive the same perks that Americans get. Maybe that is an option for you to try?

I have just swithed from a US TA to a UK TA and with the exchange rate have saved thousands of $

This may not be the case in the future when new seasons prices have been set.we will keep a close eye on the situation.

New seasons prices have been set and where you have identical cruises 2010 is considerably higher than 2009. The cruises taking in new ports are of course harder to evaluate. Pride, Spirit and Legend appear to have been removed from Caribbean and South America.

I just called SB to see if there were any Cat A ROS rates for a sailing on the Legend in March 2010. She said there were 3, and quoted the solo rate at 165%. That counts me out for future SB cruising, as I am not willing to go over 150%....:(

I guess I better enjoy the upcoming two that I have.

Archived