How do you keep track of informtion??

twocats

How do you organize your information gained here on CC?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your information gained here on CC?

• Use your memory
    • Cut and past to a word processing program and print
    • Subscribe to threads and use search function later to find
    • Use hand written notes as you read

Thanks all for your comments, interesting that with all the possibilities using the memory wins. But... I just get so confused. Most people also agreed that subscribing to the threads doesn't work either, so in the next few days I will compile notes from the threads and dump most of the ones(hundreds?) I have. Lots are just repeats anyway. Then the big question, notebook or computer? If I could just work up my nerve to try Priceline, actually booking a hotel I could be done with lots of info. I am a Libra so desicions are always done at crunch time. Anyway thanks for all the suggestions. Carole

I cut paste to my cruise word document, edit up to the day of departure, print out itinerary synopsis w/ key info up front, followed by day-to-day itinerary with detailed excursion info, eating, sites etc. Also have a general ship info section. As mentioned this saved document makes for easy post-vacation reference. Also I always post a copy to my Yahoo account (which also has a copy of all my contact info) so if I lose the hard copy the info is easily retrievable.

I use one of those plastic accordian type folders and mark the tabs for each port, cruise, hotels, ect.- whatever applies to that paricular cruise. As I review information on line, I print it up and file it in each appropriate category. If I receive anything by mail, again it goes into the folder.

Usually, I take the file with me and as we go to each port I can dispose any information I no longer need. Also. if I gather information concerning a particular location, I place it in the folder for future reference.

Archived