Zaandam 2010 cruises cancelled

lazey1

I was notified by my T.A. today that both the March 2, 2010 and the March 27, 2010 10 day Sea of Cortez sailings have been canceled. No notice yet of what HAL is offering to replace. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Has anyone heard if the Circle Hawaii cruises are also being cancelled?
If your experience is like mine, you'll get another notice shortly from HAL, offering you some onboard credit to rebook. I got $75 for a cancelled 2010 sailing on the Volendam. I switched it to my 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam in March 2010.

I think HAL is juggling a lot of sailings for late 2009 and 2010 due to upcoming drydock schedules.

Blue skies ...

--rita

If your experience is like mine, you'll get another notice shortly from HAL, offering you some onboard credit to rebook. I got $75 for a cancelled 2010 sailing on the Volendam. I switched it to my 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam in March 2010.

I think HAL is juggling a lot of sailings for late 2009 and 2010 due to upcoming drydock schedules.

Blue skies ...

--rita

But the OP posted nearly 3 weeks ago and the itinerary is still listed on HAL's website - if they were canceling the cruise, why would it still be listed 3 weeks later?? :confused:

I called TA yesterday and was told that they still show the booking as good despite the fact that almost a month ago they had received a fax from Hal that the two Sea of Cortez sailing were cancelled. When I input my booking # on HAL website it still shows up. :confused: Maybe this is another case wherein the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. It is somewhat frustrating to me.

I read that a significant percentage of the world's ship tonnage has been placed in mothballs until the world economy improves. That probably means drydock time and labor is available at a discount. Since cruise lines are needing to reduce capacity anyway, maybe they are moving drydock dates forward to make lemonade out of lemons. Just my speculation....

Today there is no listing for any Zaandam sailing in March 2010. I have left a message for my T.A. to call me. Jane

Thats because HAL has to upload the new schedule to their system - We're getting new booking numbers and confirms from our TA for the March 11 Circle Hawaii cruise.

Thank you Brian. My TA for this cruise hasn't called me back yet.

That's a shame, Jane - my TA keeps track of all this stuff for us and lets us know without us lifting a finger!

Since you're on this same cruise - Have you joined the Roll Call?

Uh, We are supposed to be on the March 27 (maybe changed to March 26) Mexico Riviera/Sea of Cortez sail.

My regular TA is very good about keeping me informed on everything but this cruise is one that we got by redeeming a coupon from R.C.I.

R.C.I. is wonderful for timeshare exchanges but I am somewhat disappointed with their cruise program.

Last year my regular TA. went out on her own after the agency closed due to the retirement of its owner. In the future I will book my cruises with her until she decides to retire.

Archived