Solstice - Alternatives to Immediate Pool Area

JaiOfChi

Hi All,

I've read a lot about the crowding and the blight of the chair hogs near the pool area on the Solstice and I'm wondering if anyone has some tips on alterante locations. We don't have to be right near the pool, but we would like lounge chairs and access to the sun. Are there other spots on the Solstice where we have better odds of snagging two lounge chairs and still catch some rays?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I've read a lot about the crowding and the blight of the chair hogs near the pool area on the Solstice and I'm wondering if anyone has some tips on alterante locations. We don't have to be right near the pool, but we would like lounge chairs and access to the sun. Are there other spots on the Solstice where we have better odds of snagging two lounge chairs and still catch some rays?

Thanks in advance.

The Soltice Deck is nice, we chose this area on 2 of the 3 sea day's and we could still hear the music from time to time from the main pool area.

Chris....!

There are so many spaces & little nooks & cranny's--we like the spots that look out to the sea....you will be fine--Yes, it gets crowded & chair hogs reign supreme... but we always found a place for ourselves....

I have also read a few reviews about the Solstice and it seems there is a lot of talk about how crowded it gets.

Is it really that crowded on a beautiful new ship like the Solstice or is it just some peoples perception comparing it to maybe less occupied cruises.

Since this is Celebritiy's largest vessel there might be some truth to it.

Just wondering how bad it really is since I would like to try the Solstice this year.

I think people get frustrated, so it looks even worse than it is. My cruise had the two sea days, not three, so I didn't have to deal with it as often. The chair savers ruin it for everyone. But I agree, that there are nooks and crannies, and unless you have a big group, you can find something.

I have also read a few reviews about the Solstice and it seems there is a lot of talk about how crowded it gets.

Is it really that crowded on a beautiful new ship like the Solstice or is it just some peoples perception comparing it to maybe less occupied cruises.

Since this is Celebritiy's largest vessel there might be some truth to it.

Just wondering how bad it really is since I would like to try the Solstice this year.

Just sailed on her January 18th and there most definitely is a problem with the area being too small. Along with that the solarium area is much too large but, a lot of the problems could be solved by taking down those ridiculously large shades over the main pool area. Also the decorative water jet area is too large and takes up a lot of deck area, luckily on our last day they did not turn the water on so a lot of people were able to put deck chairs in the area.

Just sailed on her January 18th and there most definitely is a problem with the area being too small. Along with that the solarium area is much too large but, a lot of the problems could be solved by taking down those ridiculously large shades over the main pool area. Also the decorative water jet area is too large and takes up a lot of deck area, luckily on our last day they did not turn the water on so a lot of people were able to put deck chairs in the area.

On a windy day with some sprinkles or rain--the solarium was much appreciated by many IMHO the only really wasted space is the lawn (more about that another time!)

Archived