A new HAL Blog! (Yes, I'm a HAL employee!)

DutchByAssociation

[quote name='irishjim']

Does anyone on this board really think that at HAL head office take any notice of what opinions are stated by passengers on this board, granted they may read them, but do they really take action on them, IMHO I do not think so. What do you all think. It will not stop me sailing with HAL.:D:D

[/quote]

Hi Dutch

This question came up in the "HAL dropped the ball" thread.
I suggested that we ask you.

So, do they?

[quote name='docksider21']Hi Dutch

This question came up in the "HAL dropped the ball" thread.
I suggested that we ask you.

So, do they?[/quote]

I know a couple people that work in Guest Relations and I know that when issues come up copies of the original guest letter (or email) are shared with the senior management for that area.

When possible, solutions to make sure something doesn't repeat are implemented, but other things "I don't like the configuration of the _____ class ships" really nothing can be done about that.

But I can tell you from talking to them, that ALL correspondence sent in gets a reply, even "Yay... I love HAL. Keep it up!" will get a response... and that any letters sent to the CEO will be read by Stein, he shares with senior management and will make notes for how he would like GR to respond.

[SIZE=4]During our last NOORDAM cruise we had 2 bottles of water provided in our cabin free of charge:)day when the cabins Stuart made up and clean up our cabin are the water bottles still free on Hal ships we will be returning to NOORDAM in December and I would like to know if there will be free small water bottles daily provided in our room:confused:
thank you
[/SIZE]

[quote name='honey-bunny']... [SIZE=4]if there will be free small water bottles daily provided in our room:confused:[/SIZE]
[/quote][B]If you weren't charged for the bottled water somebody slipped up. They aren't free. Wasn't there a price list?[/B] :)

[quote name='catl331'][B]If you weren't charged for the bottled water somebody slipped up. They aren't free. Wasn't there a price list?[/B] :)[/QUOTE]
no there was 1 or 2 next my bed every day there was no charge the
bottles[B] was not [/B]inside the mini bar/fridge there was left always next to the bed on the table

[quote name='honey-bunny']no there was 1 or 2 next my bed every day there was no charge the
bottles[B] was not [/B]inside the mini bar/fridge there was left always next to the bed on the table[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]What class cabin did you have? :confused:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='honey-bunny']VF cabin[/quote]
Then consider yourself fortunate that you were not billed, as free water is not a VF amenity.

We had water in our Statendam verandah ... never touched it. But the cost showed up on our Visa bill once we got home, not on our final onboard statement. HAL was kind in crediting our Visa ... but perhaps we were billed for your water?

[quote name='honey-bunny']no there was 1 or 2 next my bed every day there was no charge the
bottles[B] was not [/B]inside the mini bar/fridge there was left always next to the bed on the table

VF cabin[/quote]We have been on the Noordam twice in VA cabins and got [B]no[/B] free water. Usually the bottled water is left on the desk under the TV, not in the fridge, and they should have charged you for what you used.

[quote name='DutchByAssociation']Well, the easiest way to ensure you get the specific dining time you want is to book early, but also if you are booked in a deluxe suite (Categories S, SA< SB or SC... also the Penthouse...PS) you would be auto-confirmed on request.

If you have the open dining you can request a later time each evening though.[/quote]

Dutch, this is interesting as we are booked In October on the Ms. Ooesterdam (she's a bit bigger than I am used to) and in Deluxe Verandah Suites. My TA tells me I have early dining. I had wanted late. Does that mean that I can get it changed without being wait listed? Or should I wait until I get on board and talk to the concierge? After all if I have a nice table then? Several of us were trying to get a table together but were told we would have to be waitlisted and we don't want to go to as you wish dining. Of the group, 3 out of 4 couples are in Deluxe Verandah Suites. Your advice? thanks. Jacqui

[quote name='camp637']Then consider yourself fortunate that you were not billed, as free water is not a VF amenity.

We had water in our Statendam verandah ... never touched it. But the cost showed up on our Visa bill once we got home, not on our final onboard statement. HAL was kind in crediting our Visa ... but perhaps we were billed for your water?[/QUOTE]
wow how much was the charge? i guess we got lucky but we did had a group of 7 we was in 2 vf cabin maybe the carges the secod cabin? what is teh carge per bottle then?

[quote name='honey-bunny']wow how much was the charge? i guess we got lucky but we did had a group of 7 we was in 2 vf cabin maybe the carges the secod cabin? what is teh carge per bottle then?[/quote]
I surmise we were billed for the liter-size bottle ... and I think it was about $3/bottle.

Is it possible that the couple you were traveling with brought onboard a slew of small bottles of water, wanted to share and surprise you, and befriended the steward and asked him to leave the water in your cabin?

[quote name='camp637']I surmise we were billed for the liter-size bottle ... and I think it was about $3/bottle.

Is it possible that the couple you were traveling with brought onboard a slew of small bottles of water, wanted to share and surprise you, and befriended the steward and asked him to leave the water in your cabin?[/QUOTE]
maybe :) the bottles was small size 500ml i was glad to have them:)

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]You can, but isn't that the nautical equivalent of carrying coals to Newcastle? The ship has just about everything you could ever want in terms of food and snacks. Why not just order it? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Dutch, you are just SO helpful. I am so glad you are here. My husband loves hot sauce. When we were in South America, the crew was nice enough to share some of theirs with him, (but that was in the Queen's lounge & there is none of this cruise, so doubt they can be so kind again).
Anyways, he hates tabasco sauce, so I would like to bring some salsa, hot sauce or peppers for him. I always thought that was a problem so as long as I can figure out how to bring it by plane, it is ok to bring it on the ship??? This is great news. I just want to make sure I have it right. Thanks for all of your great information. I hope HAL knows what an asset you are to them and all of us HAL fans. Thanks again. Jacqui

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]And you're quoting me, why? :confused: However, since you did, I'll take the opportunity to repeat---ask for whatever it is you want, and you might be pleasantly surprised that it's given to you. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I once saw a post that someone intended to bring peanut butter so her child would have it. HAL has big jars of it in the Lido. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I had a ramekin of it by my breakfast plate once, and someone asked what it was---totally surprised that it could be had. Just ask. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='kazu']Dutch, this is interesting as we are booked In October on the Ms. Ooesterdam (she's a bit bigger than I am used to) and in Deluxe Verandah Suites. My TA tells me I have early dining. I had wanted late. Does that mean that I can get it changed without being wait listed? Or should I wait until I get on board and talk to the concierge? After all if I have a nice table then? Several of us were trying to get a table together but were told we would have to be waitlisted and we don't want to go to as you wish dining. Of the group, 3 out of 4 couples are in Deluxe Verandah Suites. Your advice? thanks. Jacqui[/quote]

Speak to Ship Services. (If everyone booked independently everyone will have to call. If through a PCC or TA they can request for everyone they booked) They can confirm anyone in a deluxe suite for the time of choice if you are waitlisted or on an alternative right now.

Now, the folks not in the suite, I'm not too sure. It's not standard to confirm travelling companions, but if it's to ensure that they are people number 7 and 8 at your table, it MIGHT be possible. If the staff in Ship Services can't do anything ahead of time, I'm sure the Dining Room manager would be happy to accommodate if you ask shortly after boarding.

[quote name='kazu']Dutch, you are just SO helpful. I am so glad you are here. My husband loves hot sauce. When we were in South America, the crew was nice enough to share some of theirs with him, (but that was in the Queen's lounge & there is none of this cruise, so doubt they can be so kind again).
Anyways, he hates tabasco sauce, so I would like to bring some salsa, hot sauce or peppers for him. I always thought that was a problem so as long as I can figure out how to bring it by plane, it is ok to bring it on the ship??? This is great news. I just want to make sure I have it right. Thanks for all of your great information. I hope HAL knows what an asset you are to them and all of us HAL fans. Thanks again. Jacqui[/quote]

Anything you want to bring is fine (if you are bringing by plane I would definitely say wrap it in a few socks and shove it in a shoe, or something that will protect it.) If it's a favorite and very region specific you may want to bring it, but otherwise you can either ask as Ruth suggests (great suggestion by the way!!) or find something local from a port and bring it back with you.

I really appreciate your kind remarks as well. It means a lot to know that the work I put into the blog, FB and twitter pages and in answering everyone's emails is so appreciated!

[quote name='DutchByAssociation']Speak to Ship Services. (If everyone booked independently everyone will have to call. If through a PCC or TA they can request for everyone they booked) They can confirm anyone in a deluxe suite for the time of choice if you are waitlisted or on an alternative right now.

Now, the folks not in the suite, I'm not too sure. It's not standard to confirm travelling companions, but if it's to ensure that they are people number 7 and 8 at your table, it MIGHT be possible. If the staff in Ship Services can't do anything ahead of time, I'm sure the Dining Room manager would be happy to accommodate if you ask shortly after boarding.[/quote]

Thank you so much Dutch. I better educate my TA obviously. Really appreciate this info. Jacqui

Hi Dutch. Really enjoying reading these posts, I have learned alot from your responses. I have 2 questions.

1) Will be on the Westerdam in Dec/09 for my 50th birthday. Have 16 people coming and all have booked thru different agents etc. How can I coordinate all of us together for Dining purposes, is this possible who would I contact.

2) Was on the Westerdam in Feb/07, has anything changed since then, has it been in drydock for upgrades or is it scheduled for anything new prior to Dec/09.

Thanks

[SIZE=3]Hi Dutch..Again want to thank you for your patience & all the helpful information you give us..Always enjoy reading your posts & Blog..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]You may have addressed this before, but of course I never needed the info...Now that I've bit the bullet & own Carnival stock, I'm getting ready to request our OBC for our Nov. Cruise..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The Carnival Shareholder Benefit states we should contact:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [B]World Cruise Reservations at:[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ph: 800-522-3399 FAX 206 281-0627...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]However in Aug. of 2006 a poster by the name of "Southbound" stated that future requests for Stockholder credit is no longer handled by the Reservation Administration Dept..He said all future requests for OBC should be sent to: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][B]Special Accounts Dept. Attn: Ann[/B] same phone & FAX number..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do you know which is correct: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]In addition since the stock is indicated on our monthly brokerage statement, is it permissible to white out all the other info with the exception of our names, address, & the Carnival Stock info..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do you know if the appropriate Dept. will confirm our OBC by e-mail rather than FAX..I'm very computer challenged when it comes to setting up our FAX for incoming FAX's..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Our FAX machine is tied to our home phone & answering machine plus DH's PC, which I try to stay away from..DH's PC is completely different than mine..If anything goes wrong with his P.C. he will probably blame me for it...;)LOL [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks so much for your help..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Have a good day..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Betty[/SIZE]

[quote name='kazu']Anyways, he hates tabasco sauce, so I would like to bring some salsa, hot sauce or peppers for him.[/quote]Has he tried the Indonesian Sambal that is readily available on all the ships? The waiters loooooove to bring that out and watch people's reaction when they taste it! :D

See [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal[/url]

Archived