Ships Rockin LIVE on Golden Princess R/T Hawaii

Tallcruiser

I have a question for anyone on this cruise.

If you had it to do over, when would you have had the Meet and Greet?

We are on the cruise after you and we also scheduled it for 10 am first sea day but someone on your thread said there was too much to do and no one came. Is that accurate?

Thanks

Oh Chamina!!!! I would absolutly have a Meet and Greet on Board again and again. Yes, our timing was a little off but who knew. The activities and times change from cruise to cruise. We bases ours more or less on a past Patter that listed the trivia at that place and time. Well.... as it turned out it was in a differant location and time. There are DOZENS of activities going on around 10 am. Maybe have one closer to cocktail hour before early seating............. It is hard to get everyone in one place, especially if it is a large roll call like ours. I think it is still worth a try. If not one meeting have a few like we are. I have met the nicest people on all my roll calls. I hate to miss one. I do think having one on embarkation day is really difficult, but if your roll call agrees then.........

Go for it! :D

Have a great time. Pack your patience and smile. Sometimes a little Bonine and a ponch help too.;)

Cindy and Al, Walter and Linda,Karen and Roland, Jan and Rick, Bobbie, Dawna and Rick and Lain and Toby!!!! I am always thinking of all of you and taking right along with me!!! If it werent for Cruise Critic I would not be the better for calling you all my friends.;):D

Chamina you too will meet great new friends if you have a Meet and Greet!!

Talk to you tomorrow!! It is almost time to eat again. I think it has been at least 2 hours!! LOL

Robin

Hi Robin!

Wow it sounds like the whole wedding experience was amazing! I'm so glad it turned out so well. Terry & Clarence must be so happy! Al & I can't wait to see the pictures. The wedding cam didn't do justice to all the beautiful people in the ceremony. ;)

We were with you in spirit, but we were also sad that we couldn't be there at such a special time.

Have a great day in Hilo tomorrow. :)

Hugs

Cindy

Hi Robin

Thank you for the wonderful commentary on your ship, I can almost imagine being there.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and we look forward to hearing more when you get back.

And as we know some people will always find something to grumble about.

Robyn and Steven

Robin,

Thanks again for all your live posts.

One further question about inside cabin C537. What is that large blank area next to it? Also is there a door to enter the blank spot right next to cabin 537?

Thanks so much!:)

Robin, I also want to say thanks for your post. I can hardly wait until March 18 and we are on the Golden headed to Hawaii. I look forward to your next post.

Thanks everyone else for reassuring me that we do indeed have a balcony. I know I did tell my TA that is what I wanted and I thought that is what she said. So I think all is well with our cabin and it is indeed a balcony cabin.

Donna

Thanks for the posts, surprised first fomal night is 3rd night out? Usually earlier in the Cruise. Hope weather is a little better in April than you have relayed to us for Feb.!!

We just booked this for April 11 of next year while on the Emerald a couple weeks ago. Talked my DB and SIL into it also and they booked it the next day- while also on the Emerald.

Did you tender anywhere other than Lahiana?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Dennis

Hi Robin and Karen,

The pictures were fun. I waited to watch and had to leave. When I got

back it was all over. I hope you and Karen and the rest are having a

great time. Hilo was intestering especially when we all met in WalMart.

I have to say it had a great view of the ship. It sounds like the Stake

House is a good place to go and explore. Is there any Horse Racing?

Do watch out for all those great meals. I wish I was with you and Karen

having some wine or champaign. Can't wait until you get back with all

the pictures you and Karen are taking. Have a great deal of fun.

Karen H.

:p:D

I just posted a LONG post and the whole thing went to white screen!!!!:eek::mad:

I can't re do the whole thing again now,

I did want cruiser from MS to know I am sorry I switched their cabind around from 509 and 537 I do know the differance and have info but I need to get more time to do it again. I will try again tomorrow.

I just did a whole review on the entire day and it went bye bye I think

I will try back tomorrow in Oahu!

Sorry :(

Robin

I just posted a LONG post and the whole thing went to white screen!!!!

I can't re do the whole thing again now,

I did want cruiser from MS to know I am sorry I switched their cabind around from 509 and 537 I do know the differance and have info but I need to get more time to do it again. I will try again tomorrow.

I just did a whole review on the entire day and it went bye bye I think

I will try back tomorrow in Oahu!

Sorry

Robin

Hi Robin!

Don't you hate when that happens. :p I remember it happened to me last month, after I spent 20 minutes on line posting my daily report then all I got was a white screen.

We are in the middle of some bad ice storms here, unusual for our area of the country...the temperature has been above zero here for 2 days. Driving is very treacherous and walking is nearly impossible without falling. Poor Al took a fall on the driveway yesterday but he will be ok. :(

So my friend, enjoy that beautiful Hawaiian weather...we are thinking of you as we throw bags of de-icer on our driveway and sidewalks. :p

How are the Newlyweds?

Not sure what you all have planned for Honolulu but we hope you have an outstanding day!

Love ya!

Cindy & Al

Hi everyone,

I am going to try and post a quick one tonight before we sail away, on my own air card.

My goosh I had such good things I tried to post last night...

First... a big thank you to Leslie and Peter. Your good wishes and thoughts are greatly appreciated!! I wish you a smooth Bon Voyage!

I am so sorry about my turning my cabin numbers around for you cruiser frim MS and Salara. I was trying to post quickly and transposed them:p

They are both great locations. I will check out and ask a steward what is behind the long wall. It appears to be a small linen closet to the right if you are facing the door on 537.

The balcony cabins on carib are the best. extra big and 1/2 covered. We have had lovley warm nights and days now and I enjoy sitting on the balcony alot.

Hi nycgirl12345, I will get the Spa info for you as soon as I can. I myself have not had any treatments....YET;)

There is so much to catch up on!!! I don't have time to catch up tonight, but I will as soon as I can.

I do want everyone to know that the weather is beautiful. It was 79 and mostly sunny today!! We are in Honolulu, Oahu. My friend that I am traveling with... her brother in law took our group out in a large tour van from 7 AM until nearly 8 PM this evening. We toured the entire Island!! East side, West side and North Shore ... you name it. We also visited the Arizona this morning. It was an expecially fantastic trip because we got to see it from a locals view. We even enjoyed eating authentic Hawaiian where the Locals eat. We shot 1000's of pictures that I will be posting on my Flikr as soon as I get home.

OMG, I have stories to tell about Hilo!!! It was another amazing day yesterday and I am bursting to share it with you. But before I get the dreaded "White Screen' again ......I am going to post this much.

We are having a great trip. We will be in Kauai tomorrow at 8 AM and are expecting clear skis and 79 degrees. Our excursion to the Napli coast line on the zodiac was cancelled so we were forced to settle for a differant

one.

I am wiped out tonight and have to be up early again tomorrow so I will write again another time......

Robin

Robin, not a problem about the cabin. You know how you just get that burst of panic when something is different than what you were told. You are doing a great job keeping up informed about this cruise, I really do love it. You are making me get more and more excited about our upcoming cruise.

Robin, have you had their coffee in the buffet? Is it really as bad as people are saying? I really love to order room service and have my morning coffee on my balcony. It won't ruin my cruise if it is bad but it sure will not hurt if the coffee is even ok...

Again, thanks for your post about this cruise and our cabins. Have a great day in Kauai... :)

Curiosity has peaked, Robin! Can't wait to hear about your Hilo day! Something to look forward to!

Oahu - If I were forced to choose a favorite island, Oahu would be it! We love Honolulu and Waikiki, but if you can get beyond there, Oahu offers all that the other islands do combined, with the exception of an active volcano! So glad you got to see the "outskirts!"

Kauai - Always our favorite when hubby traveled there for business. I think you were taking the Movies & Waterfalls tour? We loved that when we did it. Usually our day is spent at Poipu Beach.

Continue to enjoy and thanks for taking us all along with you! Aloha!

Bobbie

Bobbie, I agree with you, I love Oahu and Waikiki. I know I wasn't impressed on my first visit >30years ago, but now I love it. We are going to spend some time on Maui this year, and I have to admit that part of me just wants to sit on Waikiki instead.

Can't wait to hear about Hilo, Robin. I haven't been to Kauai in years, have a fabulous time. You'll have plenty of time to rest up on the way home. I wouldn't hurry home anyway...more rain coming all weekend long. So you may have a rough ride home. It was 39 degrees today, way tooo cold for a California girl. Love your posts, I look forward to them everyday.

Jan

Archived