Ships Rockin LIVE on Golden Princess R/T Hawaii

Tallcruiser

Hi everyone,

we are Rockin and Rollin here on the pacific ocean aboard the Golden Princess for Hawaii! We left out of San Padro CA yesterday on a bright and sunny day. Embarkation was fast and easy and started early. The departing PAX were off early and on we went.

There is a major storm that is headed to the coast of California and we are riding the weather and waves in the opposite direction. Personally I have not missed a meal yet;) But there are "bags" in the stairways and many people resting midship:p. Yesterday before we set sail the Captain did come on and advise EVERYONE to take a Bonine now before we sail.

So I did and I am! It did not get rough until this morning and WILL pass by tomorrow!!! It really is not all that bad...I have been in worse.

Our friends are getting married on board Sat. so tonight is the bachelorette party!!

We met up with some of the CC Roll call this morning. There were so many activities offered around the 10 AM hour that many had to miss our Meet and Greet. So we are going to get together again on Sunday in Skywalkers at 2!!!!

David Cole is our CD. He has already been very visable and teaches the Ukelele classes.

The food has improved and the desserts are really great. Definatly a differant menu. The food is much tasiter than before. I have Prime rib last night and it was Perfect.

Service on board has been Perfection. Everyone we see are so helpful and kind. They do seem happy. Not phoney. And yes I have heard a few humming!

Our Cabin steward is just great so far. The Captain of the ship is clear to understand and really kind of funny. Our servers at dinner are just terrific. There has been a glitch in our seating arrangments as we are part of the wedding party and but were seated clear accross the dinning room. Our Maitre has been very accomidating and is fixing the problem.

I believe the ship is at capasity. It does feel a little crowded but we are not able to go out side due to the seas. I am sure it will be more comfortable when we are able to go out by the pool.

We have a cabin the is on Carib mid ship 527. It is very nice.

If anyone has questions.......... ask and I will try to get your answers for you.

Tomorrow night is our first formal night.

Robin:D

Thanks for the live from!!

Can you please ask David Cole if he knows when CD Richard Joseph will be back??

Enjoy!!!

Hi Colo Cruiser,

Yes, I will ask him When Richard Joseph will be back. He he,,, sure hope he doesn't think,,,that I think that he should be replaced:p:D

I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to talk to him again.

Robin

Hi Robin!

Riding out the storm! YaHOO!!

We’re riding here with ya – looking forward to your every word!!

We figured you had some rough seas today the way it looked on the bridge cam. Thank goodness for Bonine.

Yes the food definitely has improved with the new menu…I remember the excellent Prime rib I had the first night! And the desserts…yes yes yes to all the yummy souffles and crème brulees! :)

Glad your Captain is clear to understand…unlike some others…LOL :p

Try not to get into too much trouble at the bachelorette party…no wait, on second thought, go right ahead…I want to hear all the wild details after it’s over. :D:D

Have a GREAT GREAT time Robin!

Hugs to Karen, Terry & Clarence!

Love ya!

Cindy & Al

Hi Robin:

Glad the embarkation was so easy. Looked at the webcam today and thought you were getting some windy weather by the look of the ocean.

We leave in exactly 4 weeks for Hawaii on the Golden, so keep the ship in top shape for us!:D Can't wait to read more of your live posts. I do hope it calms down for you tomorrow and gets warmer.

Please tell Gerry, Becky and Liz, from Texas hi from Hulagirl. They are the greatest people.

Have fun!

If you hear any talk about the refurbishment that the Golden is having in April, please pass it on. I am on the first 7 day cruise after she comes out of drydock and I am a little apprehensive since the folks on the Caribbean Princess were so upset with this week's cruise right after they refurbished her.

How are the beds? I have heard so many different opinions....too firm, too soft, sagging, etc.

Have a great trip! I did Hawaii a couple of years ago and it was awesome!

The sunrise Volcano trip on Maui was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!

If you hear any talk about the refurbishment that the Golden is having in April, please pass it on. I am on the first 7 day cruise after she comes out of drydock and I am a little apprehensive since the folks on the Caribbean Princess were so upset with this week's cruise right after they refurbished her.
The Golden is having the same changes as the CB. The delay in the refurbishment of the CB could have been due to any one of a number of things, including a supplier not getting materials to them on time. Chances are that Princess will be able to plan and manage the refurbishment better.

As for the Golden rock'n and rolling, I can believe that. It's pretty stormy here in SoCal today and the weather is coming from the ocean. IMHO, it's great sleeping weather on a cruise and I love knowing I'm on a ship rather than making believe I'm in a hotel.

Hi Colo Cruiser,

Yes, I will ask him When Richard Joseph will be back. He he,,, sure hope he doesn't think,,,that I think that he should be replaced:p:D

I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to talk to him again.

Robin

Thanks Robin, no he won't think that. Richard was the main guy onboard but takes the winter off and comes back in the spring/summer.

Have a fantastic cruise.

Hi Robin,

I've been watching for your post. It is rainy here, so I am sure that things should settle down for you once you get past this storm. Can't wait to follow you on this cruise. have a great time, and keep the post coming.

Jan

Can you check out this cabin & see whats next to it. On the diagram of the ship there it a really large white area. Is it a blank wall & is there a door right next to the cabin? Wondering if there is storage and it would be noisy? Maybe room stewart carts? One of the cabin walls would be right next to that area, so I was wondering if there is a door right there in the hallway.

Caribe 537 (should be close to where you are, right accross the hall)

Thanks so much.

Hey Robin I have been looking forward to your report, I leave on the 3/4 sailing. I also love the Rockin & Rollin and like Pam think it's great sleeping weather.

So it sounds like the best time for a meet and greet would be Sunday around 1:00 or 2:00, please let me know how yours works out.

Have fun at the bachelorette party.

Dianne

Hi Robin - Hope the ocean has settled down for you by now! I can relate as it sounds like the motion of the ocean we had on our December 200? trips! I couldn't pull up the bridge cam today, so missed the action. See if you can survive Skywalkers when conditions are like that! Talk about rockin' and rollin,' walkin' and standn' is a problem up there!

Have you been picking up your e-mails? I sent a couple you probably didn't get before you left. The important message in one was re the wedding cam. Our daughter and SIL renewed their vows a couple of years ago on I forget which ship, but we stayed with the children while they cruised. As we were all excitedly gathered around the computer screen to watch the ceremony, all we got was a "still" picture of the wedding chapel, because the person in charge forgot to turn on the cam! SO, just wanted to suggest that you check with the person in charge to make sure someone turns it on for the wedding!! Hope to see it here.

Enjoy! We'll be looking forward to all your posts. Thanks for taking us along! Aloha!

Bobbie

Hey, Robin...........wish we were there with you! Seas must be smoothing out about now..........we are looking forward to some rain even in Nevada. We thought David Cole was wonderful and think you are lucky to have him on board. Tell him I still giggle when I think of him in his horseracing togs!!!

Have a great cruise! Have you learned the ukelele yet? :) You can probably teach the class by now..........

When I talked to Richard last September when we were aboard for AK, he indicated that he expected to be back for the AK season this year.

I thought it would be spring, he is taking longer vacations now. He has been doing it so long and it works well for him. :)

We're not onboard until Nov 22nd :( So, I will live it through your reports as you go!! We can hardly wait :D Have a great trip and I ALWAYS pack the bonine :p I am going to "give" this as a b'day gift (in April) to my soon to be 50 SO....going to buy him a ukele with the cruise info tucked inside for lessons onboard :D

We are still rockin...... LOL but I am loving it! Pam, I agree with you!! I think we rocked more on the Regal a few years back. But, we are moving slower at about 18 knots the Captain said. I think the best ride in the house is here in the internet cafe in these bouncy seats!!! E ticket:D

We still are unable to go out on some decks. It is more windy than anything else. The pools of course are off limits for now. We have had bright sunny days..... just way to windy and and nippy.

I will try to answer what I can... it took more than 10 mins to get on line here and it is past midnight.

For all of you watching the web cam for the wedding tomorrow *****

The wedding is at 2 pm ship time, we set our clocks back 1 hour tonight. So that will be 1 PM in Pacific standard time.

We had a bang up party last night. You are so right Bobbie, we could hardly stand up last night in Skywalker lounge LOL in more ways than one! It was 70's Disco night. We had great fun and have all the incriminating photo of the bride to be to prove it!! She is staying in our cabin tonight!!!

It was formal night tonight. I would say it was 1/2 of the Gentelmen that dressed in tux everyone else in suits. The ladies all came out in their finery. Very nice evening.

As to the condition of the ship..... it is a nice ship but she is ready for a face lift and freshening. She is showing her age and when we get done with her she really will need it.

The beds are worn. I am not complaining but they have seen their better days. We do have the eggcrates and they are still worn.

Cindy and Al you are missed and we can't thank you enough for all your generous gifts!!! What an unexpected suprise and delight!!!

I will check out your cabins 537 and 509 I belive you said? We love our cabin. No we have not been able to enjoy our balcony yet. Too windy but WE WILL soon!;)

We are looking forward to warmer days soon.

Yes, I know that Trish from the UK did get on but we did not hear yet from our other CCer's from the UK.

I have not met Gerry and his family yet either as they did not come to our first meet and greet.

Tomorrow there is a formal Meet and Greet in the Patter ...Of course is during the Wedding so I will not be able to see every one:(

I will Be back on Sat. as tomorrow is the wedding and a very busy day and evening in store.

We are having a great voyage and find all the crew to be really great!

Watch your Golden Princess Wedding cams tomorrow 2/7/09!!!!

Robin

Robin - Thanks for the middle of the night update! Sounds like you have everything under control even after partying the night away in Skywalkers! The bride is a lucky gal to have you looking after her. I'm sure you'll get her to the "church" on time! Have a wonderful day - and then relax!!

Bobbie

Archived