question about room service tipping

quiescentlyfrozen

Question about room service tipping: when tipping, are we expected to do it in cash, or does the room service attendant have a little slip for us to sign where we can just add it on to our seapass account?

Also, how much should you tip for room service typically? And further - is it your steward who brings it, Ie can you just tip him/her at the end of the day if you order a few times and tips should be in cash (ahem, wedding/honeymooning here), or should you tip each time a delivery is made?

THanks!

You need to tip in cash for room service. Usually it is not your steward (if it is you can take care of him at the end and not tip on the spot), and you often get different people every time (so in general you need to tip the person on the spot). I usually tip $2 for a small order and $3-$4 for a large order.

Have a great cruise. :)

On both Celebrity and Royal, the pantry people bring room service in my experience. I tip $3 for breakfast and $5 for lunch delivery, but have never ordered room service dinner. If it involved a more elaborate table set up, probably $10.

Like the writer above, I always take small bills especially for this.

Unless you opt out of the auto tipping, it is not necessary, I only tip over the auto tipping, if service by someone is way, way above and beyond.

Are the people who deliver the meals paid by auto tipping? I have been under the impression that they are not.

Are the people who deliver the meals paid by auto tipping? I have been under the impression that they are not.

I was told that everybody benefits from the auto tipping.

There have been complaints in the past from those who don't have the personal contact with the customers of never getting tips, so there fore the auto tipping is in place.

The folks who deliver room service orders are the kitchen staff, and they are NOT part of the waitstaff tips. Tip in cash at time of delivery, according to how much they have to carry! Coffee/danish, $1-2 ; A full meal for 2, $5 or so.

The folks who deliver room service orders are the kitchen staff, and they are NOT part of the waitstaff tips. Tip in cash at time of delivery, according to how much they have to carry! Coffee/danish, $1-2 ; A full meal for 2, $5 or so.

I sincerely believe you are wrong.

I have research this extensively, I have been assured that every one benefits from the tips taken from your seapass account.

anything else is about and beyond.

Unless you opt out of the auto tipping, it is not necessary, I only tip over the auto tipping, if service by someone is way, way above and beyond.

wrong, your actually stiffing the kitchen help that delivered your room service..:mad: IF auto tip were spread amoung the 100's of employees that work in the food service department, I dont think our waiters would get more then a few dollars.

What about the butler who serves dinner in the suites? And, who is already receiving an additional tip of about $3.50 per day (per person), and may receive an additional tip from us at the end of the cruise if the service is exceptional? I don't expect to tip him for every meal or service.

Archived