Bringing alcohol on board Carnival ships

thriftyone

HELP!!! New to Carnival. Sailing out of Miami. I know this topic has been driven into the ground... but we like to drink in our cabin. My husband and I would like to bring a few bottles of wine on board with us, which I already know is OK with Carnival. BUT... We would also like to bring on one bottle of something a little harder. I know what the rule is... but has anyone sailing out of Miami recently had any luck getting something other than wine on? AND if so, is my best bet to to carry it on in our carry-ons? Thanks

order you some rumrunnerflasks.com and take what you want . If you leave in a regular bottle put it in a large ziplock and wrap in a towel, put it in your checked luggage. DO NOT put it in carry on. you will lose it most probably , I have seen it happen.

I went on a royal crib ship with a plug in cooler loaded with bottles of water and my son's meds and noone check anything in the cooler. We could have had rum in them. Bummer that I did not think to bring any. Next cruise I will be filling at least one water bottle with rum.

I went on a royal crib ship with a plug in cooler loaded with bottles of water and my son's meds and noone check anything in the cooler. We could have had rum in them. Bummer that I did not think to bring any. Next cruise I will be filling at least one water bottle with rum.

Carnival is starting to restrict coolers. Check their policy before you bring a giant cooler.

No need to disguise. I have been on 9 cruises and most times pack an entire suitcase with liquid, mnost of it contraband. All in original bottles and cans. It probably weighs 90 pounds. When you lift it, there is no question what's in it. And it always makes it to my cabin where said contraband sits all week, in original bottles, on the counter. Never had a problem. Am I just lucky? No. I don't think so. It's an unenforceable rule. Just pack your booze and don't worry, mon.. :)

I cruised out of Miami in December on the Liberty and had no problem getting 6 bottles of wine and another of rum on board that was in our checked bags. We were even bought a few bottles of booze in Ocho Rios--kept one in our back pack and took to our room, and checked the other two at the liquor table.

If you aren't talking about high-end booze, you can sometimes find what you are looking for in plastic bottles. I still usually pad it and put it in a big ziplock just in case the baggage handlers too rough with it.

I packed two rum runner flasks in my checked luggage last week and had no problem (and the bag with all the soda and water arrived no problem as well). Also, I was bold and didn't put my rum runners in a secondary plastic bag, and still had no issues.

I don't even think they take the wine limit seriously, as I walked through security and on board with two big bottles of wine in a clear supermarket bag (the glass was clanking together making way too much noise) and no one even looked twice.

Archived