Having a hard time

Frassy

:D I, too, am on WW. This is my third week. Last week I actually gained back one of the four pounds I had lost. I thought water was the key (it certainly worked 10 years ago when I did the WW thing). Last week, I pumped the water but it all didn't come back out. Think that's why I gained.

I like sandwiches (bought the bread that's two for one point.) I also like crunchy stuff but feel deprived with carrot sticks. Any ideas on good things to eat that are easy? I don't cook much as I live alone.

Thanks for ANY feedback. ;)

:D I, too, am on WW. This is my third week. Last week I actually gained back one of the four pounds I had lost. I thought water was the key (it certainly worked 10 years ago when I did the WW thing). Last week, I pumped the water but it all didn't come back out. Think that's why I gained.

I like sandwiches (bought the bread that's two for one point.) I also like crunchy stuff but feel deprived with carrot sticks. Any ideas on good things to eat that are easy? I don't cook much as I live alone.

Thanks for ANY feedback. ;)

I recently discovered Blue Diamond Nut-Thins (Rice & Nut Cracker Snacks) 0 trans fats 130 calories, 2.5 g fat and 1 g fibre for 16 crackers! That's only a couple of WW points & are a replacement for chips or other, higher point crakcers and they have a very satisfying crunch!

Did you eat out or have anything very salty in the last day? If you did have something with a lot of sodium and then drank a bunch of water, the water has decided to hang out with your for a couple of days.

I've been eating a Wasa Fiber Crisp with a WW cheese string as a snack in the afternoon. The two together are only 1 point! Plus, there is a lot of fiber, some protein and it is a complex carb, which is great for energy.

The crisps aren't super tasty on their own, but you could put a bit of hummus or even a tbsp of peanut butter on them. But the thing I love about the string cheese is that I can pack it up pretty easily & carry it to work for the end of the day when I'm looking for something with crunch!

crunchy seems to be the key for me. Those are great ideas. Where do you get the Wasa fiber crisp and the Blue Diamond Nut Thins? I don't think I have seen either in Food Lion. Are they in a specialty store?

Hello,

I have been on WW for over a year and have lost a lot of weight.

Some of the snacks that I enjoy are: animal crackers, pretzels, honey wheat pretzels, fat free saltines, Wheat thins 7 grains. I also enjoy hummus, that is a great snack. I bought some lite pocket pita's by Joseph's, you toast them and they come out crunchy and tasty.

Just stick with the program, it really does work.

Melanie

You can't weigh every day....weight flucuates too much! Weigh once every week, at most.

The key is portion control--most folks eat way too much of even "healthy" stuff. Calories in-calories out...if you eat more calories than you expend (and I don't care where the calories come from) you'll gain weight.

Follow the program, and start cooking....Working in the kitchen will burn some calories!

Good luck!

You can't weigh every day....weight flucuates too much! Weigh once every week, at most.

The key is portion control--most folks eat way too much of even "healthy" stuff. Calories in-calories out...if you eat more calories than you expend (and I don't care where the calories come from) you'll gain weight.

Follow the program, and start cooking....Working in the kitchen will burn some calories!

Good luck!

Great advice! Most people actually eat more than a portion size. I use a small plate for my meals or I eat about how much you'd get in a Lean Cuisine or a Smart One meal.

Hi..I am also a WW girl...I considered myself on the 2nd half of my weight loss journey. I started in March 2006 and lost 50lbs and then went off the program...but have done pretty good mintaining. I gained back 7lbs out of the 50lb and in my first week (last week lost 3) so here I am again and feeling good about being back on track :D

I like the WW crisp ( I am sure I could find cheaper versions in the store) but they have a BBQ flavor that is yummy.

I have an easy at home lunch or dinner sandwich I make. I use an english muffin (1 or 2 pts dependiing on what I bought) I buy shaved ham or turkey (very thin pre packaged) it is 1 point for 4-6 pieces, 2% american cheese slices (1pt per slice) and digon mustard. I toast the muffin then put on the mustard, the meat then top it with cheese. I leave it open faced and but in the broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted. It comes out to 5-6 points. It is filling and it is a great comfort type food. You can add a salad with it as well.

Happy Valentines Day!

Tanja

crunchy seems to be the key for me. Those are great ideas. Where do you get the Wasa fiber crisp and the Blue Diamond Nut Thins? I don't think I have seen either in Food Lion. Are they in a specialty store?

I buy the Wasa flatbreads at either Target Supercenter or Publix (grocery in Florida and a few other states).

They are in with the Melba Toast --- often closer to the snack aisle than the cracker aisle. Wasa breads are pretty common, so you should be able to find them at Food Lion, Kroger, etc.

try adding fiber supplements to your diet. I prefer the caplets that you swallow, but DH uses the mix in- be sure to check the pkg. to check for sugars and calories. I prefer citrucel, it doesn't seem to have any unpleasant side effects. Also, try changing your exercise routine, sometimes your body gets a little too used to what you're doing. Good luck!

94% fat-free popcorn is filling and crunchy and doesn't have many points in it! Also, I've really enjoyed the Lays Light Potato Chips (1/2 the calories and zero fat!)..they taste great and you get alot of those also for not many points. Both the popcorn and chips have sodium so just be careful about that.

• 3 months later...

I'm a WW girl too!

Lost 60lbs about 4yrs ago...did WW and Jazzercise and the lbs just dropped (well, with me obsessing about it every moment of everyday of course) :)

I maintained my loss for over 2yrs, but then my hubby and I decided to relocate to the East Coast and with all of the stress of what is involved with moving your entire life, I gained 50 of my lbs back!!! UGH!!!

It's totally my fault and I own what I did...which is basically that I went back to my old habits and did not take care of myself.

Well, I'm back on WW now and have lost 1 1/2lbs in the last week...and I'm back with my Jazzercise classes too!

I want to lose 36lbs by the time I go on my cruise, which I have almost a year to do, so I should have plenty of time to do it slowly so that I will be more likely to keep off the lbs!

Good luck to everyone, WW is the best!!!

One more thing I do, which is silly but works for me, or at least helps...

Remember those little jelly bracelets you used to wear when you were a young girl? Well, I have them and always have one on my wrist. It is rubber, so it can get wet and is small so it isn't annoying.

I wear it to help me remember my goal. I will not take it off until I reach my goal.

Wal-Mart sells them in the jewelry dept for like $3.00 and you get a pack of 20. That way if one breaks, you have more!

Like I said, it's silly, but anything to help remind me of my WW goal before I put that candy bar in my mouth is a good thing!!!

:D

Archived