Cabin on Inspiration

Frassy

Basically the bed situation, and the area it's in. Noise--elevators...dance floor, etc. But you answered that. I was wondering if it was a decent area. I hear so much about room placement on the ship.

We probably should've gone with another type...I'm not real fond of the bunkbed thing.

• 4 months later...

I am wondering too as I was just looking at a quad room as there will be 4 of us. Does this room have 2 twin beds and then 2 upper bunks.. Or does the bunk beds have one lower and one upper.. I have a daughter that is almost 6' so I am hoping that its just two upper bunks and not one on top of the other.. Hope this makes sense..

Thanks

Yes, it will have two twins and two uppers that come out of the ceiling. The twins can be moved around, but you will have more space if you leave the two twins under the uppers. All 4 beds will be the same size, and Im sure there are lots of 6 ft men, so your daughter should be fine.

I had seen some pics from another room not the exact cabin that had two bunks but there was one one each wall but it was in an inside cabin.. I am assuming these are going to be one permanent and then one that folds up into the wall that is above the other??? That is how it was on the Glory but we were in a balcony...

I guess it just doesn't matter that much because we are not going to be in there that much anyway...

Thanks

I am wondering too as I was just looking at a quad room as there will be 4 of us. Does this room have 2 twin beds and then 2 upper bunks.. Or does the bunk beds have one lower and one upper.. I have a daughter that is almost 6' so I am hoping that its just two upper bunks and not one on top of the other.. Hope this makes sense..

Thanks

two uppers and two lowers- My kids slept fine in the upper beds and they are over 6 feet. Upper beds hold up to 250 pounds

to give you an idea:

2336185950097654989iqLCHE_th.jpg

notice the beds on the floor are together-

putting those beds UNDER the upper beds will give you that much floor space

2292181480100864652uajVll_th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I had seen some pics from another room not the exact cabin that had two bunks but there was one one each wall but it was in an inside cabin.. I am assuming these are going to be one permanent and then one that folds up into the wall that is above the other??? That is how it was on the Glory but we were in a balcony...

I guess it just doesn't matter that much because we are not going to be in there that much anyway...

Thanks

a balcony cabin has a convertible sofa-- the back comes off and its the bed.

the upper bed is above the sofa/- nothing at all like an inside cabin

• 3 weeks later...

Frassy, we just returned off the Inspiration and we were at U186 and it was in a perfect location. You should be just fine.. We had an OV with four adults and it worked out fine.. There was a king bed and then two pull down bunks.. We just put the bunks up during the day to have more room to move about the cabin but it was fine. We were not far from the stairs and elevators and very quiet.. The only noise we heard was when we were coming into port in Tampa and they were docking.. Besides that no noise at all... I think you will be very happy with the location of your room. The dining room is just two floors up and Lido deck is at the back of the ship so you can just take the elevators to 10 and you are right at the Lido deck.. The only real walks are when you go to the shows at Paris Lounge as they are at the front of the ship... The only floors that go all the way through are 7 and 9 all the other rooms are closed off so you can just go up one floor and walk all the way to the front of the ship.

Hope this helps..

Its so sad our countdown says "Sailed".... :(

• 5 months later...
I'm sailing on the inspiration with 2 others and we have a trundle bed and not a bunk situation. Any problems with this type of bed situation for 3?

a trundle bed? do you mean a rollaway cot?

personally- I would get a cabin with the upper bed- That rollaway takes up much room in the cabin

• 4 weeks later...

Archived