Shampoo/Conditioner on Sapphire

jennymae

Crazy question, but for those that have cruised the Sapphire recently, is the shampoo and conditioner that Princess provides good stuff or do you bring your own from home?

Thanks!

It is the same on all Princess ships, doesn't matter which one. I have found the shampoo is fine, and the conditioner is great for shaving your legs 'only'. lol

All depends on what you are used to using. The conditioner furnished doesn't do a thing for me, so I always pack my own.

I have seen small bottles provided of the Lotus Spa eucalyptus sent shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided. However, as some have said it does not work for all. I need deep conditioning and moisturizing products and usually use Pantene or Herbal Essance and quickly found that the shampoo provided does not work.

I save and make a gift basket as a present for someone back at home.

Crazy question, but for those that have cruised the Sapphire recently, is the shampoo and conditioner that Princess provides good stuff or do you bring your own from home?

Thanks!

We just came off the Sapphire and there are bottles of eucalyptus shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I found it just a tad difficult to get it out of the container so was happy I brought a travel sized 'head and shoulders' with me. Additionally, we don't like the small bars of soap in the shower so this time we brought a full cake of Dove soap and it nicely lasted the entire week.

For what it is worth,

My wife brings her own and as a guy I use whatever is in the shower. However, my wife does collect that what is given each day and when home gives it to a local womens/homeless shelter. They are always looking for things like this.

John

If one of you has thick or dry hair, you will want to bring your own.

It only takes one use for me to have Ronald McDonald hair for at least a week. I don't bring anything that the ship can provide me. I even drink the coffee, with occasional trips to the Coffee bar. So for me to bring my own shampoo/conditioner is a drastic measure, believe me.

I'm not sure if it's because the shampoo is too strong, or the conditioner is too weak, or both.

For what it's worth, I actually love the Eucalyptus scent.

I like the scent, too, but on our last cruise, we never had our shampoo or conditioner replaced. It was good that we had brought some along. We were wondering if it was a cost cutting measure to allow each cabin only one bottle of shampoo and conditioner per week. We actually needed more than one bottle. Our steward was a nice guy, but our cabin often did not get cleaned until after noon, even though we were up and out for breakfast around seven each morning. He told us he had nineteen cabins to do each day. We were in a mini, so I'm guessing that most of his cabins were minis on the Dolphin Deck.

I like the scent, too, but on our last cruise, we never had our shampoo or conditioner replaced. It was good that we had brought some along. We were wondering if it was a cost cutting measure to allow each cabin only one bottle of shampoo and conditioner per week. We actually needed more than one bottle. Our steward was a nice guy, but our cabin often did not get cleaned until after noon, even though we were up and out for breakfast around seven each morning. He told us he had nineteen cabins to do each day. We were in a mini, so I'm guessing that most of his cabins were minis on the Dolphin Deck.

I would be unhappy if I was up at that time and had to wait until late to have my cabin made up. On our last cruise our steward had the cabin serviced, usually when we came back from breakfast. He was an excellent steward. We are usually up quite early. We always put the card in the door when we went out.

On the shampoo and conditioner question, I found it very good. I normally bring my own conditioner but this year I used the eucalyptus ones.

I particurly love the shower gel. My DH uses the shampoo, we do not use the conditioner and I find that the hand lotion at times is hard to get out of the bottle as it is so darn thick. So I bring my own lotion from home.

Marilyn

Thanks!

When I went on the Dawn last holiday season, it was the same shampoo and conditioner that everyone was talking about except they were in paper-like disposible containers. The smell is strong when you are applying it, but I don't recall any lingering smell. I tested it out the other day just for the memories! It must be good stuff, or combining it with Princess' soft water, made my hair soft and shiney!

I really liked the lotion too minus the smell.

We just came off the Sapphire and had a mini on Dolphin deck with a steward named Noel who often looked haggard. He had 17 cabins to clean and said the highest number was 19 so you must have had that one. We rarely had our cabin cleaned before noon regardless we told him we were early risers and out of the cabin doing something. We shower in the evening as we can't go to bed with the dirt-of-the-day on us, in addition to lotions and sunscreen...which is good for us as Princess only allows one change of sheets for 7 day cruise!

I use salon quality shampoos and conditioners at home, so to me, the shampoo and conditioner that you get from Princess are not exactly what I am used to or to my liking. That said, with airline baggage restrictions being what they are, every ounce I save on weight add ups, so despite the quality not exactly what I would use at home, I have found that if I bring a small bottle of deep conditioner that I can use every couple of days, I can get by with what they give you on the ship.

Some cabin stewards are better than others in replenishing what you need. Don't be shy about asking for what you need. They have been told to cut down on waste. So, if they notice you using your own shampoo, they will not give you any more than the one bottle in your cabin.

One bottle between two of us will last one shower - so since we shower twice a day while cruising, I need at least two bottles every day. Our room stewards have always given us what we need, but nothing extra.

• 5 years later...

We are just back from a fabulous cruise to the Mexican Riviera on board the Sapphire Princess. I did discover the change to the shampoo/conditioner 2 in 1 product and loved it. My hair has never felt so good. I have been trying to purchase this, but all the information I have received from Princess is wrong. Does anyone know where this can be purchased?: