What is the earliest you have got off a RCI ship in the port of Miami..

kesam

and what is the normal (average) time?

We have never been on RCI before.

Our mode of travel has just been changed drastically, and we are weighing our options.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

We were off the ship by 08:30 or 09:00 on our cruise last October. I believe we had an 11:30 flight, and we had plenty of time. I think every time it can be different depending on how quickly the ship clears customs.

We were off the ship by 08:30 or 09:00 on our cruise last October. I believe we had an 11:30 flight, and we had plenty of time. I think every time it can be different depending on how quickly the ship clears customs.

I agree... We were on once until 11:00! I was hoping that they would be taking us on the next cruise, b2b! ;)

We are Diamond level Crown and Anchor so we were fortunate to be in the first to leave Brilliance last year. We were off before eight AM! But it did us NO GOOD because even though we had told our limo driver we would be among the first off, he did not believe us. When we called him, he had not even left Palm Beach County, so we had to stand and wait an hour for him to come. I was livid.

His excuse was that he pciks up cruise passengers every day and none ever get off the ship that early!

My guess is a safe bet would be that typically you will be off the ship between eight-thirty and nine-thirty, but you never can know for sure because a lot enters into when the ship can even begin disembarkation.

Thanks for the help, this does not look too good for us,,, Amtrak called yesterday and changed out train... :mad: it was suppose to leave at 12 and now it is leaving at 10, so we are a bit nervous about whether we will make it or not.

On our Majesty cruise we tried to take our time getting off since we had a 2:45 flight. We had breakfast in the DR, walked out around 8:00 and right off the ship, and into a cab. We were at the airport by 8:20, it all happened so fast we didn't know what hit us! :eek:

Luckily we were able to switch our flight to 10 am.

Of course you have to take into consideration the fact that we had already gone through immigration in Key West the day before.

Thanks for the help, this does not look too good for us,,, Amtrak called yesterday and changed out train... :mad: it was suppose to leave at 12 and now it is leaving at 10, so we are a bit nervous about whether we will make it or not.
I don't think you will have a problem. I have been off at about 7:30 doing self disembarkation and I do not think Amtrak has ever been on-time.:eek:

When we were on Liberty, we (Diamond Departure Lounge) were off the ship by 7:30. We headed to the airport as we were flying to PC for a second weeks vacation and even with stopping at the mini mart on the way, and dropping the truck off in offsite parking, we were still at the airport shortly after 9 am.

Thanks again for the help, we are just going to go for it, we don't have a lot of choice. This is a permanent change for this train, starting the 2nd of March,, just our luck. We have never cruised RCI so we have no status there, I guess if we miss it we will take a rental car to Orlando and try to catch it there as we are going all the way to Richmond.

Again thanks for answering

Archived