FOR LSIMON - FanTaSea St. Kitts Excursion ???

BurgerBits

Larry - Thanks for posting your photo/vid links!!!

Dana (I thought your name was Robin??), perhaps our paths will cross on a future cruise... :)

Carole - Like Dana, I don't think I'll be able to arrange to bring frozen peas along, so no worries about 'Greenpeace' or anyone else admonishing me for feeding the wildlife... too bad, though, would have liked to have my nephews enjoy it!!! (Snorkeling with peas, not an eco-threat... :D)

Dawn

Dana (I thought your name was Robin??), perhaps our paths will cross on a future cruise... :)

Carole - Like Dana, I don't think I'll be able to arrange to bring frozen peas along, so no worries about 'Greenpeace' or anyone else admonishing me for feeding the wildlife... too bad, though, would have liked to have my nephews enjoy it!!! (Snorkeling with peas, not an eco-threat... :D)

Dawn

Dawn

i am so bad. I had dinner with my mother and have been stressed out since then. Dana/Dawn-at least i got the "D" right. It i s Robin. I am usig bread next week on my 5 nightier.

Dawn

even if you tried...the peas wouldn't be frozen long! See you next Sunday!

about St-Kitts, we were thinking just to go to the beach.

We never saw the ocean and we want and need to relaxe on the beach:o

We are thinking of Frigate beach or Marriot beach

what is the best, if you know?

We are packing, juste 3 days before leaving for Montréal

OOOO My god, can't believe it,s coming

Thanks all for your,re great info

Dawn or oceangoer2 or anyone else,

Are any of you planning to post on Cruise Critic from your 2/22 cruise? If so and you are going on the Fan-Ta-Sea excursion, can you let us know if you went to Nevis and if you had lunch on the catamaran or on the beach?

We sail on our Galaxy cruise on 3/2. We'll be flying in a couple days earlier to San Juan but we will be checking Cruise Critic through the morning of 3/2 and periodically throughout our cruise. We booked Fan-Ta-Sea for 3/11 when we are in St. Kitts.

Please don't go through any trouble and run up your Internet bill . . . but if you are planning to post, it would be helpful to know if you went to Nevis.

Kathy

Are any of you planning to post on Cruise Critic from your 2/22 cruise? If so and you are going on the Fan-Ta-Sea excursion, can you let us know if you went to Nevis and if you had lunch on the catamaran or on the beach?

We sail on our Galaxy cruise on 3/2. We'll be flying in a couple days earlier to San Juan but we will be checking Cruise Critic through the morning of 3/2 and periodically throughout our cruise. We booked Fan-Ta-Sea for 3/11 when we are in St. Kitts.

Please don't go through any trouble and run up your Internet bill . . . but if you are planning to post, it would be helpful to know if you went to Nevis.

Kathy

No problem.......will try to post early AM 3/2...we return 3/1 and it'll be late when we get in; unless we post when we're onboard. I've heard good things about F-T-S catamaran...we booked it months ago, as soon as they allowed booking. I was surprised there still was booking room recently as I thought it would go quickly. Hopefully that's not a bad sign. Perhaps they use more than one boat?? Anyone out there know??

No problem.......will try to post early AM 3/2...we return 3/1 and it'll be late when we get in; unless we post when we're onboard. I've heard good things about F-T-S catamaran...we booked it months ago, as soon as they allowed booking. I was surprised there still was booking room recently as I thought it would go quickly. Hopefully that's not a bad sign. Perhaps they use more than one boat?? Anyone out there know??

Hi, Carole!! (So excited to be seeing you soon...)

I have read that there are multiple boats available; Larry could fill us in if he checks back.

TourDeCruise, I'll try to post something about the excursion ASAP...

Dawn

Hi, Carole!! (So excited to be seeing you soon...)

I have read that there are multiple boats available; Larry could fill us in if he checks back.

TourDeCruise, I'll try to post something about the excursion ASAP...

Dawn

Hi Dawn....do I remember correctly you're leaving on Friday and staying 2 nights prior? We're not down until Saturday (late). Looking forward to a little sun. Are you affected by the torrential downpour out there in 'sunny' C? Took out my golf tournament viewing on Sunday-Monday! Finally had to call it...and my guy Mike Weir (Canadian) in 2nd place!!

Hi Dawn....do I remember correctly you're leaving on Friday and staying 2 nights prior? We're not down until Saturday (late). Looking forward to a little sun. Are you affected by the torrential downpour out there in 'sunny' C? Took out my golf tournament viewing on Sunday-Monday! Finally had to call it...and my guy Mike Weir (Canadian) in 2nd place!!

No... we won't be arriving 'til late Saturday, either. Too bad about the tourney!! My folks were probably watching (they're both lifelong avid golfers). I like Mike Weir!!! Seems like a good fella!

Yep - we've been hammered with torrential rain for the past several days. No complaints here - we really need it. It's supposed to rain on Saturday as well, so I hope our flight isn't too delayed - flying out of SFO is always a challenge. They shut down a runway in inclement weather...

Just realized I really don't have too many things that fit, so I'm packing REALLY light!! See you soon -

Dawn

No... we won't be arriving 'til late Saturday, either. Too bad about the tourney!! My folks were probably watching (they're both lifelong avid golfers). I like Mike Weir!!! Seems like a good fella!

Yep - we've been hammered with torrential rain for the past several days. No complaints here - we really need it. It's supposed to rain on Saturday as well, so I hope our flight isn't too delayed - flying out of SFO is always a challenge. They shut down a runway in inclement weather...

Just realized I really don't have too many things that fit, so I'm packing REALLY light!! See you soon -

Dawn

Even thought I'm packing light as well, I just bumped up to 2 suitcases from 1 (and a carryon). I found 1 was just too squished! Hope the weather's good at this end on Saturday! Good flight to all your family!

When we went to St Kitts March 2007 (whew that was a while ago:rolleyes:) DH found a berm of sand dollars right in the water off the beach on Nevis and we had never seen one in a habitat let alone so many. There is yellow dye that is in the center of the disc and it stains your fingers. The Sand Dollars were very cool and we did bring some home.

Approaching St Kitts was so quiet and serene. It might have been the most ethereal port we ever encountered, so quiet and green coming toward.

Carole & Dawn,

We really appreciate it. Don't let me put you through too much trouble though. I know how tough it is to return from vacation with laundry to do, going back to work, etc. If you post when you can, that would be great. St. Kitts is our 2nd last day (3/11), so we'll have a few opportunities to check here before that day.

I will check this thread for an update before leaving the hotel on 3/2 and then again later several times during the cruise from the ship or a port. I also plan to ask the shore excursion desk what is on tap for this shore excursion.

You'll really like the excursion. Unfortunately, I don't know whether there were multiple catamarans last year, but we were the only catamaran at Nevis for the barbeque -- or at least at our location -- and I didn't see any catamarans in front of us or trailing us. We were lucky and were able to book the F-T-S excursion on the pier 15 minutes before it left after our kayak excursion was canceled at the pier. We didn't want to take that chance again this year, so we booked it last weekend.

Have a wonderful cruise! Hope you get to Nevis too!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Kathy

Hi...as promised, here's the account of the cataraman excursion:

1. if you went to Nevis (No....beach is still not available due to the damage from the hurricane. Went to Cockleshell instead. If you've not been there, it's stoney and really not all that large a beach. But there were umbrellas/lounges dedicated to our use.)

2. if you had lunch on the catamaran or on the beach? (Lunch on the catamaran...chicken/salads/beans/hot dogs/hamburgers/free drinks all day if you were so inclined.)

We thoroughly enjoyed this trip as we love the water and boating. The hosts were very pleasant and tried so hard to make sure we all had a good time. Not too regimented (which is what I like) so you could join in the dancing or not.

There were 2 boats as part of this trip.

Enjoy your cruise!!

LOVED the Fan-Ta-Sea excursion!! We were on the same catamaran as Oceangoer2 (Carole), and had a wonderful time. I echo all her comments. (Carole, we have some nice shots of you and your DH. Email me - address below - and I'll send them along!!)

(Larry - thanks so much for your help and recommendations! I have photos I would like to send to the tour operators - will you pls send me their email addy? dthornton at pacbell dot net. Thanks!!!!)

The hosts worked very hard to make sure everyone had the best possible day. Lunch was served on the boat and was just fine; bbq chicken, hot dogs, rice & beans, a very good pasta salad.

That boat was kept C L E A N and in excellent working order. No worries; the restrooms are the regular push-button flush style (not the foot pump kind normally found on sailboats), and are roomy with full-size facilities.

The snorkeling spot wasn't the best, but it was beautiful water nonetheless. Cockleshell beach isn't one of our favorites but it suited for the short stop we made.

I would book this trip again in a heartbeat!

We were on the "over-flow" catamaran - not the same experience. Let's just say nothing worked...no music, bad, bad, bad warm rum punch. Mold on the snorkeling equipment. I wrote a complaint to Celebrity and nothing was done but the token form letter. Definitely not worth $115. a person!

Archived