singing/dancing waiters

bmacri

17 CCL cruzes ago, my very fine waiter, encouraged (yeah, riight)me to dance "Hey Baby".. I've been doing it ever since...no tellin how many poix I'm in from folks around my usual table. Get to do it next Wednesday AGAIN, AGAIN, AGain..

I must admit I love it when they get you up to dance. I never get tired of it,no matter how corny. And I believe that we may both be dancing on the Holiday this April.Woot. But, I also get sad when they do Leavin on a Jet Plane, because it means it is almost time to go home.

I've seen it enough times that I could do without it. It can sometimes actually be a nuisance................BUT...............On the Destiny this past December, our waiter "Bobby" looked and could talk like Robert DeNiro and was a RIOT! He was not young (50's, maybe) and when he danced he made use of a pole close to our table and did a "pole dance" for a table of older ladies next to our table. Everyone really got into it. Pretty neat and very entertaining. We knew it was going to be a good time from the very first night......................I said Hello to him the first night, and in his very GOOD Robert DeNiro, asked "You talkin' to me?". We all cracked up and he kept in "character" the whole night even doing the "I'm watching you" thing from Meet The Parents movie.

A lot of times, we try to get out of the dining room before the dancing and stuff. On the Destiny, we never missed it!

I so agree with you Gaylensandgigi,

I actually had tears in my eyes when they sang leaving on a jet plane...

It's probably why I booked another cruise...I wanna go back...

LoL only a few more weeks.

Ah a kindred spirit.And living in Canada, i bet you are ready for some warm:DWhere are you going on you cruise?

I beg to differ. It Always happened before dessert on our last cruise. Most of the servers could not get the tables cleared and dessert and coffee served before they had to perform.

We were not that crazy about the performing. Our waiter was definitely not into it. If we could have had dessert and coffee before and left we would have, but no way we were going to miss warm chocolate melting cake or bitter and blanc!

I agree. On our last two cruises, it always happened before we were even close to dessert. In fact last year, it was before we even had our entree one night. I think so many of these poor guys and gals feel so pressured and rushed on "showtime" nights, that they really dread it. It also made it worse when the people at the table across from us would show up every night anywhere from 30-45 minutes late!

At least this year the shows were only every other night...

Ah a kindred spirit.And living in Canada, i bet you are ready for some warm:DWhere are you going on you cruise?

I am sooo ready for the heat. It is bloody cold here in Montreal:eek:. We are cruising March 14th to Panama, Costa Rica and Coz. Can't wait for the singing and dancing waiters !!!!

Archived