Princess embarkation in Vancouver

bluenoser2

Dumb question from a rookie....if we're dropped off for our embarkation in Vancouver at the port, what should we expect? Where do we go, and are there people who need to be tipped as far as luggage is concerned? The only other time we cruised we were on a Princess transfer from the hotel and didn't even think about such things! Thanks!

I assume you are having a taxi drop you. They will take you inside Canada Place to the drop point. There will be porters there who will appreciate a tip for handling your luggage. From there you will walk inside and follow signs and Princess personel.

It is actually a rather pleasant experience being dropped off in the lower level of Canada Place. There might be a bit of a walk to the Princess embarkation area, but there are plenty of employees along the way to guide you.

They won't let you into the dropoff until outgoing passengers clear around 11AM, but it is an easy loop under the right side of Canada Place, back in to a door and unload. Lots of guides down there to keep you separated from the buses. Most of your luggage will be loaded by the porters into very large bins, forklifted onboard, and be taken to your cabin. You could carry it all, but why? Yes, they take tips.

If you forgot your binoculars they do sell them in the waiting area. Hold off on your Alaska Cruise Companion until onboard and you can get one signed by the Captain.

Its about three years ago since I left from my own port. When I did the taxi driver just handed the baggage over to the area were all the luggage was being collected and loaded on to a shute, just to the right far side of the taxi area.Maybe things have changed.There used to be no need for a porter to carry it anywhere.

"Hold off on your Alaska Cruise Companion until onboard and you can get one signed by the Captain."

What is the Alaska Cruise Companion?

Not a CRUISE COMPANION.......:D

A publication all about Alaska which if bought on board you can have signed by the Captain.

I bought that great Princess Cook Book on my last cruise signed by Maitr'd

and the Head chef..:)

Grego below has the correct info -- the key is "lower level". Then one has to get across the drop area to an elevator. The elevator brings one to the general terminal entrance. Unlike other embarkation ports, Vancouver has a security check first and finding the correct line is tricky -- ask those in line. After security, is the US Immigration, and after that are the cruise line check-in counters.

Also right at the drop point (without going across to the other elevator) is an elevator that theoretically brings one to a different security check point right at the US Immigration area and a short line. But when we once used that elevator, there was no one at security and we had to make our way back to the other elevator.

We have also seen embarkation lines (by cruise lines) at the upper level and porters going through the line collecting check-in luggage. So it is possible to give it to the porters even at the upper level.

If I have succeeded in confusing you, we have embarked and disembarked in Vancouver 3 or 4 times doing coastals.

It is actually a rather pleasant experience being dropped off in the lower level of Canada Place. There might be a bit of a walk to the Princess embarkation area, but there are plenty of employees along the way to guide you.

Archived