Fort Lauderdale Day Passes Beach Hotels?

elkaybee

Hello there-

I placed a hold on a cruise this am and am FREAKING out. I love to plan and research our travel it's half the fun. But this cruise leaves on MARCH 5th and I know nothing about the RCCL's Navigator, Ft. Lauderdale area Or Cozumel (Ok, I will now take a breath ;) ). And I'm trying to work this out secretly to surprise dh for anniv.

Our return flight isn't until 3pm. Does y'all have any ideas on what to do instead of waiting around at airport? Ever heard of hotels selling day passes?

Thanks for any tips. I'm desperate. haha

Laura

Hello there-

I placed a hold on a cruise this am and am FREAKING out. I love to plan and research our travel it's half the fun. But this cruise leaves on MARCH 5th and I know nothing about the RCCL's Navigator, Ft. Lauderdale area Or Cozumel (Ok, I will now take a breath ;) ). And I'm trying to work this out secretly to surprise dh for anniv.

Our return flight isn't until 3pm. Does y'all have any ideas on what to do instead of waiting around at airport? Ever heard of hotels selling day passes?

Laura

Hi,:) I have sailed out of FLL many, many times and unless there

is something new none of the hotels offer day rooms.

FLL is terrific. Lots of restuarants and shops and plenty of

hotels.

You could rent a car and go out for lunch (ask to be last

off the ship). There are alot of car rental places and the port

and airport are very close to each other.

Or...I know the Cruiselines offer post cruise excursions. You

could do one of them.

Nice surprise:)....Happy Anniversary.

Pretty sure the Ramada Beach Resort in Hollywood offers them if there's space available. Have read pretty dismal things about this place as a hotel but maybe it's ok for a day pass?

My MIL just stayed at this hotel with a small group (16) pre-cruise, while there she arranged with the concierge to come back after the cruise as their flight was only at 6pm. For a fee, they sent a shuttle to the port, picked them up, brought them to the hotel, stored luggage, took them back to the airport.

As they are all 80+ , they did not use the hotel pool but many of them used the trolley and went sightseeing. Some did go to the beach. My MIL said it was a wonderful solution to the post-cruise dilemma.

There was a problem with her return flight with Jet Blue (when she called to reconfirm her return) and the airline offered to send them back from West Palm instead, the concierge said they couldn't take the shuttle that far but within a very short time he found another bus for a very reasonable extra fee that took them to West Palm Beach.

She also said the hotel has undergone a lot of work and was fine for the price they paid. She got a good group rate.:)

Hi Elkaybee,

I am leaving on Century same day, also going to Cozumel. This is our 1st cruise and I have done tons of research - thanks to these boards. From what I have learned from the experienced & knowledgeable folks who so generously share their advice:

RCI - check out reviews of your ship on CC and scour the RC Board

Cozumel - book your own excursion - we're doing Playa Uvas - check the Cozumel board for more great suggestions

Ft. Lauderdale - I've never been there but plan to ride around all day on the water taxis (stop at our hotel the Doubletree Gallery One) and check out the beach, Las Olas Blvd. area and eat at Casablance. Check the Florida Departures boards.

Make use of the search tools on each specific forum to narrow down your results as you don't have much time to research at this point!!

Also, for a fantastic ship review, visit the awesome site created by "The Cruise Guys" aka Schplinky who are just a fantastic source for cruisers.

http://web.mac.com/thecruiseguys/The_Cruise_Guys/Navigator_of_the_Seas_Information.html

Good luck, take a deep breath, and have fun!!

Hello there-

Laura

Call a couple of the nicer hotels (The Atlantic, Lago Mar, Pelican, Hilton FLL Beach, Ritz-Carlton), ask to speak to the concierge, and tell him/her that you would like to have lunch poolside and store luggage for a couple of hours. I'm sure one of the above hotels would be happy to arrange this for you. Don't forget to say that it is your anniversary and remember, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Archived