Oceania 7 day cruises ???

VIRGINIA ARTIE

I find that cruises of 7 days or less tend to be party cruises and are not what Oceania is all about. I would not take one. We took a 7 day cruise out of desperation to get out of our weather a few years ago, never again, I would rather be miserable at home. Nasty crowd of rude drunks. Even 10 day cruises are questionable. Maybe that sounds snobbish, but that is not what we cruise for.

I find that cruises of 7 days or less tend to be party cruises and are not what Oceania is all about. I would not take one. We took a 7 day cruise out of desperation to get out of our weather a few years ago, never again, I would rather be miserable at home. Nasty crowd of rude drunks. Even 10 day cruises are questionable. Maybe that sounds snobbish, but that is not what we cruise for.

Yep, it sounds snobbish.

I've done many 7 day cruises full of interesting, sober people. I've met many rude drunks on 10 or 12 day cruises.

We have sailed on Regent Seven Seas 7 day cruises every year for the last 5 years. Even with their all inclusive alcohol program, we have never run into any drunks. We don't drink, so I was looking for other options, capecodder 2.

I value the opinions on this board and have learned a lot from them.

I think it depends on the cruise line

We did an NCL cruise it was the the worse :eek:

Princess we did not see many rowdy people ...there were a few

Carnival ..well again ..we were younger & there were more party people.

Now we have matured Oceania is more subdued,

If there were drunks they were quiet ones. ;)

Lyn

We're booked on the Miami to the Amazon round trip - 25 days - but really think its too long. I wish we could buy half of that cruise, either Miami-Manaus or the reverse. Oceania could sell the halfs with a charter flight from Miami and I bet they'd improve the saleability of this long cruise while making a little money on the air part. On the other hand, the larger suites are nearly sold out on this long cruise, so they must be getting a lot of interest. I'd like it a lot better if we had a choice. We might still do the round trip in that case, just it's a bad time to be away that long, right between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Archived