What has been your experience with getting the military discount?

flashdog_1

Hearing all this chatter about a discount, I grabbed the "Military Appreciation Program Form" from the NCL website and then called my TA (Travelocity) regarding the discount. After a couple of minutes she came back on the line and let me know that would be given about a $150 discount on my May Pearl sailing and that I needed to fax the aforementioned form to NCL within 7 days. I'm fairly pleased. :D

Cheers all,

Jamey

Here's the information on NCL's website:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=VeteransAdvantage

My experience just this week was completely painless. I asked my PCC to book me at the Military Rate and she did, but first she took $100PP Latitudes discount off the top, saying the two were combineable. She just told me to download the Military Appreciation Form from the website and fax it to the Military desk. I did that (and included a copy of my DD214 although the form didn't ask for it). The next day my PCC called me to tell me the Military Desk had put a note on the reservation to show that the Military Appreciation Form was in-house.

I printed it and will fax it. I do thank you, especially since I haven't heard back from NCL!

FYI, we did not join the Veterans' Advantage program -- just used the discount code for the military discount...

I meant the NCL Military Appreciation Program. One does not need to be a Veterans Advantage member unless they don't meet the criteria for the Military Appreciation program, but does the pay for Veterans Advantage program.

Al

In looking at the form I received, you can either fax it or send and e-mail back to them with the completed form (file) attached.

You have to check a couple of the boxes, one of which verifies that you are eligible. Although it doesn't mention being checked at the pier, I have a blue ID card with me at all times, so it is no problem.

Notice, the file is an Excel file, so you have to be able to read it on your computer (have some sort of spreadsheet program installed or a file reader).

we booked for a dec. 2009 med. cruise and my husband's military

discount was $355. ncl told us to bring his hon. discharge or military i.d.

along and show it at boarding to keep the discount. hope it works out!

marcia

It will work out. It always has for us. Congratulations, that is a great discount! Even better, you're going to the Med! I envy you. I have always dreamed of going back.

we booked for a dec. 2009 med. cruise and my husband's military

discount was $355. ncl told us to bring his hon. discharge or military i.d.

along and show it at boarding to keep the discount. hope it works out!

marcia

Did you fill out the form and submit it? I can't see them not wanting that way before the cruise. I would check that out if I were you. They can scan it over to you. I wouldn't chance not having the form filled out. I had to have mine submitted withing 5 days of booking on NCL and also other cruise lines.

When I called NCl today they said I had to have the proof to them in 7 days, and gave me an email address (militarydesk@ncl.com) that would send me the form to email back to them.

I did get an immediate response saying they'd received my email, but no form.

NCL is basing my fare on the military and lattitudes discounts (it amounts to about 20% combined) so I hope everything goes smoothly.

I'd like to hear from others what their time frame was on the reply etc. Thanks

I take this discount also bring your DD214 with you at check in everything will be ok.:)

I have never recieved any confirmation from them, only confirm that the discount has applied. I carry my military ID with me, but they have never asked for it. I'll still have it wit me just in case, though.

You say you have never been asked for proof. I have a question. Do you send a copy of your DD214 with the form or just fill out the form?

when I bought my first Future Cruise Credit ($250 on board) and called NCL, they said they had latitudes pricing for all sailings. So I don't know if it's all the time, or just with the Future Cruise Credit. Anyone know?

What does that mean....you bought your first Future Cruise Credit? How does one do this and what is the advantage?

You say you have never been asked for proof. I have a question. Do you send a copy of your DD214 with the form or just fill out the form?

I've never been asked for proof at the pier...just sent in a copy of dh's DD214 with filled out form. DH says he has his VFW card on him

at all times so that should be ok if asked at the pier, but I will carry a copy of the DD214 form with me when I board.

Attached DD214 to Military Appreciation Form and faxed to NCL last Friday. On Monday TA called with new reduced rate just prior to final payment. Last year on Jade faxed it in after final payment and never heard anything.

thanks for all the tips and words of wisdom. .....we will definitely fill out the

form and fax it in prior to the cruise and then bring the documentation along

with us. can't wait! i've never been to rome, athens, or alexandria!

thanks again! any "be sure not to miss ....." tips?

marcia

Booked the Pride of America cruise using NCL's Military Discount. Since the cruise was booked 121 days from the sail date, we received a 15% discount. As mentioned in the previous posts, we were required to submit the completed form within a week. After e-mailing the completed form to NCL, we never received a confirmation stating the form had been received. However, our balance reflected the 15% discount. So far, everything has been painless. We'll see what happens during check-in.

In reference to the discount, it not only applies to active and retired servicemembers...but servicemembers who were honorably discharged are eligible for the discount as well which is great!!!

I have read that several of you were told to submit your Military Appreciation Form within 7 days. When I booked on-line with the PGMIL code, it never told me to submit the forms within those seven days and we never received a phone call from NCL stating this fact. I emailed the form and my DD Form 214 about a week later and I received the discount.

I have used the military discount on several cruises and have NEVER been asked for anything at check in. You are suppose to either fax or mail a copy of your DD214 or wahtever proof you have of service in the military to NCL to get the discount. They should have a copy of it on file if you have used it before (in the past year). You are usually not issued the discount unless they see proof of your military service. If they do give you the credit and do not see the proof, they will recind it. Again, you do not need any proof at check in.

I have used the military discount on several cruises and have NEVER been asked for anything at check in. You are suppose to either fax or mail a copy of your DD214 or wahtever proof you have of service in the military to NCL to get the discount. They should have a copy of it on file if you have used it before (in the past year). You are usually not issued the discount unless they see proof of your military service. If they do give you the credit and do not see the proof, they will recind it. Again, you do not need any proof at check in.

The military form on the NCL site instructs you fill out out the form and submit to NCL and bring proof to check in--it does not say anything about faxing the proof--my TA has confirmed this and I have booked cruises like this---where did you get the above direction??

Big Green

Big Green

How to Qualify

Choose from the list of special sailings (PDF) or shop fleet-wide on our website to find your desired sailing.

Book your NCL Cruise using Program Code "PGMIL".

Fill out the Military Appreciation Program Form (PDF) with specific sailing information.

Fax the form to 305-436-4127 or email the form to militarydesk@ncl.com

Terms and Conditions

You must bring your Veterans Advantage or Military ID card to the port in order to receive these great rates.

so only one form to fax--bring proof to check in at cruise port.

Big Green

I have always just faxed a copy of the form and a copy of my DD214 to the military desk. I have never been asked to provide proof at the pier.

In fact on our last cruise they received the form but did not get the dd214, not sure how since they were faxed together, I received an email that stated my military discount had been removed and would be reapplied after proof ie dd214 was received. I refaxed it and within 48 hours it was reapplied.

I have always just faxed a copy of the form and a copy of my DD214 to the military desk. I have never been asked to provide proof at the pier.

In fact on our last cruise they received the form but did not get the dd214, not sure how since they were faxed together, I received an email that stated my military discount had been removed and would be reapplied after proof ie dd214 was received. I refaxed it and within 48 hours it was reapplied.

I can appreciate your willingness to fax these documents, I think you should think twice. A fax machine will not encrypt this information, so the possibility exists that your info and identity could be stolen. In these instances, I always snail mail or bring to the dock as another poster suggested. (Email is also not encrypted.)

I can appreciate your willingness to fax these documents, I think you should think twice. A fax machine will not encrypt this information, so the possibility exists that your info and identity could be stolen. In these instances, I always snail mail or bring to the dock as another poster suggested. (Email is also not encrypted.)

Check with your booking agent but they will remove the military discount if it is not received within 7 days and will not reapply it at check in. If you feel more comfortable snail mailing then use that.

I have never heard of anyone that was asked for proof at check in

What information is going to be stolen, and how? My name and address is in the phone book, and Maj (Ret) is there, so everything on the form is available for anyone with a phone book.

Al

Archived