Whats going on with the SBC's

Nan-L

I've booked a family cruise for 1/10 and have quite few cabins with either a $125 or $250 SBC, depending on type of cabin booked. I was looking at some sites today and noticed that RCI are saying there is a cap of these credits depending upon cabin types. Is this true and if so does this mean I don't have the SCB credits I think I do or do they honor the ones already given?

I have NOT heard of a $$ limit for OBC ( or ship board credit as you call it).

There are many Pax that use points from their RC credit card for OBC. Some get as much as $1000.00 in OBC!

There is a limit as how many kinds of OBC can be used as of Jan 1, 2009 per cabin, if you didn't request all the OBC's you were entitled too prior to that date! Such as Next Cruise OBC ,Stockholder OBC, booking onboard OBC. You can only HAVE ONE of those OBC's per cabin and can NOT combine it with a plat/diamonf balcony discount.

You get to choose ONE ...either the OBC or the Balcony discount!

All OBC from the RC credit card points are not affected with the new policy of combining!

Yes, ship board credit / on board credit.

Calling you get 10 different answers depending apon who you talk to.

Does anyone know of a limit now set for ship board credits or onboard, with RC??

As of January 1 you can only have one benefit that is offered by RCI for your particular sailing. A benefit would be an OBC from a NC/FC booking which was made on board a previous cruise, an OBC from being a shareholder, P/D/D+ balcony discount, and C&A $$$ off savings certificates.

You can, however, add an OBC/$$$ off a cruise/free companion fare/free cruise from Visa points with any one item from above.

Just off the Mariner 2 night pre-inaugural and we were told that they are "changing" the policy about combining discounts for people that purchased a Next Cruise prior to Jan. 1 (I think that is the date -- but, it could be late Dec.). Those that have purchased Next Cruise certificates will be allowed to take 1 additional discount (crown and anchor, shareholder, etc.) when they use their certificate. This info. came from Vicki Freed herself.

Archived