• Galaxy
    • Mercury
    • Millennium
    • Infinity
    • Summit
    • Constellation
    • Xpedition

Hi EN!

Glad you had such a wonderful big birthday cruise- read about your loading 'em into the bar in port. You are a woman for all seasons! Can't wait to pretend to read your review. No REALLY! I want to read it. :)

The art on Summit really is exceptional. And not just the big hair, but blue sparkle hair, and women of general generous bodily proportions a la Queen Latifa. Summits art made other Millennium class ships bland by comparison to my uneducated artistic eye.

Like you say EN, everything on Summit is so right!

Meridian1, we did the Bermuda run on Meridian from Wilmington NC. We had a cabin with 4 bunks and a view of the lifeboat. Our sons stayed with us and our daughter bunked with her grandparents in a great cabin with an ocean view. We were spoiled and have such great memories of that cruise.

Petoonya, the Gala birthday bash was unforgettable. Everything was perfect including Summit. If in St Thomas go to the 19th hole and ask for a Bushwacker. They are the best.

L11, what is with the art in the stairwells with all the big hair? I thought I was back in NC again.

WELL, I NEVER. :D

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Meridian also but no, she can't be voted as the favorite ship. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed each and every Celebrity ship we have sailed on. Just because some are a little older doesn't phase me one bit.

Hi guys! :D I am SO glad to find you all well & posting! :p Missed you! Newt, thanks for the best wishes! I appreciate it! Knew you were a friend! ;)

My fave Celebrity ship has to be the Summit--she is the best!!!! :D I've been on them all & she takes my vote! ;)

CENTURY here too:D ....I have only been on 2 X ships...Century and Mercury....will be going on the Constellation 2 weeks from Saturday:) ....

Century will always, always be my favorite....she is just so very special....she is why I love cruising so much.....the first time;) ...she got me, hook, and sinker....

In the past year, we've been on the Summit, Constellation, and Horizon. The Martini Bars on the M-class ships are extremely well laid-out and have a wonderful ambiance, particularly when the live music is playing in the open-area right below you in the Rendezvous Lounge. The bartenders and servers are amazing. The martini bar in the Horizon was obviously an afterthought and was tiny with only six tables and no barstools at the bar. The bartender and service were still very good, though, but the ambiance wasn't the same.

The fantastic food and service in the M-class specialty restaurants gives them an edge, too. I particularly enjoyed the decor in Summit's Normandie (from the original Normandie cruise liner of the 1930s) and the fact that they offered Chateaubriand for Two (which was amazingly delicious). The Steak Diane on the Constellation was also outstanding, but we preferred the Chateaubriand, which was not offered on the Constellation.

The artwork on the Summit was quirky and creative and made us laugh, ponder, and feel giggly inside. :)

So... 1. Summit

2. Constellation

3. Horizon

And we're looking forward to being on all the rest of them!

Allen

We have been on the Horizon, Zenith, Galaxy, Century, Constellation, Millennium and the Summit. Like WeBeCruisin, I voted for the Summit because of the Normandie Restaurant. The special menu, which includes Chateaubraiand and the dessert, "Bombe Surprise Du S.S. Normandie," does give this specialty restaurant the edge. We have the Mercury and the Century coming up in 2005. The Infinity is the only Celebrity ship we have not sailed, but it's only a matter of time!:rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Kel

EN, I had to laugh at your comment about the art with the 'big hair'. For those who have not been on Summit one of the staircases is decorated on each landing with sequined sculptures of, well, women with big hair. With apologies to my big haired frinds, that became the 'Floozy Staircase'. You can find a picture here (I had a problem uploading the actual picture:
[url]http://www.geraldandlinda.com/photo_gallery/bysea/canal_2003_summit/MVSummit/images/DSCN1533.jpg[/url]

Linda

[b]My husband and I have sailed on the Infinity (Alaska), Millennium ( Eastern Carribean), and Century (Western Carribean). The Infinity had the best itinerary and the ship was only a few months old at the time. It also had exceptional cuisine and service and we clicked with almost everyone we met on that ship. Since it predated "rebranding" it wouldn't be fair to compare it to our other cruises. [/b]

[b]I loved the Olympic Dining Room on the Millennium but aside from that it is my least favorite Celebrity Ship. [/b]

[b]The Century only has balconies in its suites, so it was the first time we booked a sky suite. That factor made the cruise experience different from the others and we loved it. I also liked the fact that the Century's decor is more traditional than on Celebrity's newer ships. We loved that sky suite so much that we booked a sky suite on the Mercury (Mexican Riviera). It will be interesting to compare these two sister ships. [/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta][/color][/font][/b]I've only been on the Century, so she is my favorite. Funny, now I think I'd feel a bit disloyal going on another one. Am I nuts? I love the intimacy of her, along with spectacular service of course. Like the chance to get to know the other passengers and staff. And she's such a classy lady to boot!

• 3 weeks later...
Century gets our vote...been on it three times and booked again this summer. We were on the Mille, and had a great time, but it lacked the intimacy and familiarity of the Century. Not to mention Century's staff and Captain Terry K went out of their way to "treat us famously!". I don't mind not having the Olympic Rest....IMHO, the food was all about fanfare, not that it was so much better than in the dining room. Century's Rendevous is convient to Dining rooms, and as the childrens program is so much smaller on C, I'm happier with that. Especially cause I don't take my kids w/ me---its a "us" thing.

I think it is a curious thing that no ones seems to ever choose the Millenuium when this kind of question is asked.

What is the deal? And what are the little differences between the M class ships that people keep talking about that makes them select other ships?

Funny, but the Galaxy is the 3rd most popular on the polls so far, but unless I missed something I only noticed one write up about it. May do the Galaxy on the Oct. 31st sailing. First time on Celebrity. Can someone tell me the difference between a regular Veranda and a Concierge cabin. The latter is advertising only about $50 more. Maybe the Concierge cabin is higher and bigger but with no balcony???? Veranda rooms available are in the 9130-50 range and the Concierge cabins are 1200,1240 and 41. On the Penthouse deck its 1076, 80,83 and 87. Anyone been in these rooms that may be able to give me some advice before booking?:)

Archived