Our Price dropped but Carnival will not honor

dkalnas

We booked directly through Canival in early February and have since paid in full. Our rate has since dropped from $469 per person to $449 per person.

While it is not a huge amount of money it still equates to a savings of $40 for our stateroom. Carnival claimed that since my cruise is paid in full there is nothing they will do for me.

The question I have is have any of you had any success in getting Carnival to honor a rate after you have paid in full? Just to reiterate. We booked on our own through Carnival and found the new rate directly through Carnival.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

We booked directly through Canival in early February and have since paid in full. Our rate has since dropped from $469 per person to $449 per person.

While it is not a huge amount of money it still equates to a savings of $40 for our stateroom. Carnival claimed that since my cruise is paid in full there is nothing they will do for me.

The question I have is have any of you had any success in getting Carnival to honor a rate after you have paid in full? Just to reiterate. We booked on our own through Carnival and found the new rate directly through Carnival.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Carnival made a change to their policy several months ago... inside final payment there is no OBC offered for price reductions...

The only thing that did to me was keep me from paying off my cruise 'til the last day...

I inquired about asking if they could upgrade us to cover the difference in cost and they said for $20 more I could obtain a a cabin on deck 7 of the same category (interior) or for $100 per person for an OV.

I asked also about an onboard credit and that was denied also.

I then asked if they could unassign our cabin and leave us just in GTY status and they quoted me that would be $100 more per person in order to do so.

The cabin upgrade is not a big deal but the onboard credit would be nice.

This was a past guest rate I had booked as I have previous sailings on the Mardi Gras and Ecstacy.

Seems to be Carnival's new way to treat it's guests. My sail date is 0ver ten months out, not paid off, Early Saver Program, and they will do nothing to match their own carnival.com offers. Last excuse I was given by my PVP was that their website was just too confusing for me to understand and that even though it appears in writing that the new deal is better than mine, it really isn't.

I inquired about asking if they could upgrade us to cover the difference in cost and they said for $20 more I could obtain a a cabin on deck 7 of the same category (interior) or for $100 per person for an OV.

I took the upgrade on my late January cruise when I couldnt get the $30 pp, $60 total refund.

Hardly even bothered me and we actually loved the cabin we got, very convenient. Made up for the $60 we didnt get.

A refund and OBC for the difference is the same thing. Its a upgrade or nothing Im afraid. Take it and smile. No sense being upset about something you cant change.

Seems to be Carnival's new way to treat it's guests. My sail date is 0ver ten months out, not paid off, Early Saver Program, and they will do nothing to match their own carnival.com offers. Last excuse I was given by my PVP was that their website was just too confusing for me to understand and that even though it appears in writing that the new deal is better than mine, it really isn't.

Maybe that could be Carnival's slogan. ;)

lol well if you cant change it, why get upset for a small amount of money? The upgrade to a higher deck wasnt bad either.

At least now there is another option for dates further away, but for the bookings on close in dates, there just arent other options. Why fight city hall? I just cant get that upset about not getting $20 pp back the OP mentioned. ....

Book RCL if you dont like it, they give refunds right up to sailing date still.

I took the upgrade on my late January cruise when I couldnt get the $30 pp, $60 total refund.

Hardly even bothered me and we actually loved the cabin we got, very convenient. Made up for the $60 we didnt get.

A refund and OBC for the difference is the same thing. Its a upgrade or nothing Im afraid. Take it and smile. No sense being upset about something you cant change.

I am not upset about it at all. We will have a great time regardless. Always have and always will.

I just fail to see the value in upgrading from the Interior cabin we are in now to an Interior cabin on a higher deck. So while we were offered an upgrade it is meaningless as it involves cost and the same type of cabin. An onboard credit would have been more attarctive but that is not an option provided by Carnival.

Again no big deal, just seeing if anyone else was sucessfull in having Carnival honor their rate. I just won't feel as guilty now taking on rum runner flasks filled with my favorite drinks to compensate for the difference:p:p:p

Try again! I called after seeing my cruise (early saver) drop about 50pp and my pvp said he would grant the OBC. I did have to fill out a form for the request but it shows that it was given to me.

Here is the link to fill out for the OBC. http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

lol well if you cant change it, why get upset for a small amount of money? The upgrade to a higher deck wasnt bad either.

At least now there is another option for dates further away, but for the bookings on close in dates, there just arent other options. Why fight city hall? I just cant get that upset about not getting $20 pp back the OP mentioned. ....

Book RCL if you dont like it, they give refunds right up to sailing date still.

I never said I was upset.

Am I the lone weirdo here? Am I the only one who books a cruise and never looks back. I honestly don't care or look for price drops.

Wow. I just can't see spending all that time on the phone and being put on hold and the general hassle of it all in trying to get a credit for $20 pp. I guess it's just me, but time is money and $20 pp just isn't worth the effort.

Am I the lone weirdo here? Am I the only one who books a cruise and never looks back. I honestly don't care or look for price drops.

Wow. I just can't see spending all that time on the phone and being put on hold and the general hassle of it all in trying to get a credit for $20 pp. I guess it's just me, but time is money and $20 pp just isn't worth the effort.

It might be worth your time to check, I see some posters that say they have saved thousands of dollars on their latest cruise just by checking updated prices and calling the TA/PVP to get the better price. Maybe worth your time...save enough for a couple extra cruises or foofoos....and Yes to your first question. ;)

I am not upset about it at all. We will have a great time regardless. Always have and always will.

I just fail to see the value in upgrading from the Interior cabin we are in now to an Interior cabin on a higher deck. So while we were offered an upgrade it is meaningless as it involves cost and the same type of cabin. An onboard credit would have been more attarctive but that is not an option provided by Carnival.

Again no big deal, just seeing if anyone else was sucessfull in having Carnival honor their rate. I just won't feel as guilty now taking on rum runner flasks filled with my favorite drinks to compensate for the difference:p:p:p

Maybe you sneaking on rum runner flasks is what got you in the situation in the first place. You sneaking on the contraband? You say now you will not feel guilty. Which came first? I believe in karma.

Archived