Am I Crazy?

emilygrace

Well yes, I probably am, but that's beside the point. My question is, I thought I read somewhere that the staterooms all have DVD players. We are in an ocean view on the Statendam, so do these staterooms have them or only the suites?

Thanks!

Thanks for all your prompt answers!

So can you bring your own DVDs to watch? We have a couple of movies we've purchased, but never had the time to view.

Yes, we did just that last week on Ryndam and they work just fine - But I wouldn't recommend bringing "Nights in Rodanthe":eek:

Consensus: They ALL have DVD's

Are you sure:D;)?

I have to make one comment however. I found the DVD to be oldy moldies on my cruise on the Statendam. Every one was at least a few years old IIRC. They showed better movies on the TV and in the theater.

I found the DVD to be oldy moldies on my cruise on the Statendam

Yes, on the Ryndam too. But nice that anything is available, and also nice if you can pick up a couple of resale DVDs before your trip to enjoy in the cabin. Our Ryndam cabin had a nicer TV and DVD player than we have :D Somethin's gotta give if we are going to cruise regularly, and TV-type toys is one of the things that had to give :D

Yes, on the Ryndam too. But nice that anything is available, and also nice if you can pick up a couple of resale DVDs before your trip to enjoy in the cabin. Our Ryndam cabin had a nicer TV and DVD player than we have :D Somethin's gotta give if we are going to cruise regularly, and TV-type toys is one of the things that had to give :D

Pick up a couple of DVDs...where are they going to go:D. I've got 100 lbs of clothes and bling to pack after all:D:eek:.

The DVD player we had in our balcony cabin on Westerdam didn't work. They sent a guy to see about a fix, but it was a goner, and they didn't have any replacements.

we had to just tough out our 14 days/nights cruising in the beautiful caribbean on that lovely ship without being holed-up in our room watching movies.;)

Pick up a couple of DVDs...where are they going to go. I've got 100 lbs of clothes and bling to pack after all

Oh yeah, geez, I forgot about THAT :D I'd not leave my french press coffee maker home in favor of DVDs but might consider foregoing one bottle of wine! I think I travel lighter than you do, lorekauf. But then, I don't go on l-o-n-g cruises! (I can't imagine how much luggage I'd have if I got to do the length of cruise you do!) Though since discovering the laundromat onboard, I'm seriously considering carry-on only for the upcoming Alaska cruise. I think I can do it, if I choose my purse judiciously :D

Oh yeah, geez, I forgot about THAT :D I'd not leave my french press coffee maker home in favor of DVDs but might consider foregoing one bottle of wine! I think I travel lighter than you do, lorekauf. But then, I don't go on l-o-n-g cruises! (I can't imagine how much luggage I'd have if I got to do the length of cruise you do!) Though since discovering the laundromat onboard, I'm seriously considering carry-on only for the upcoming Alaska cruise. I think I can do it, if I choose my purse judiciously :D

I think most people pack lighter then I do:D. Taking a carry on only....I couldn't do it...I need my liquids (and I'm not talking booze here).

I need my liquids (and I'm not talking booze here).

I use a powder foundation & shadow, and have travel sized moisturizer and cologne. MY big "liquid" is wine, and I get that just before I board the ship :D

I figure I can take 2 pairs of technical pants, wool socks, a few shirts, a fleecy, a long black skirt, 2 evening tops, a couple of pairs of shoes, undies, and a base layer EASILY in my carry-on. I'll wear my Goretex jacket, jeans, another fleecy and my hiking boots to travel.... Do laundry when I get back onboard in Skagway. I'm just more "crunchy granola" than most people, I think (OMG, a decade ago I'd have cut out my tongue before I would even CONSIDER not having 8 pairs of dress pants, 6 skirts, several silk shirts, a couple of cashmere sweater, full-length gown and at least 10 pairs of shoes for a 7 day cruise!!!) <-- See, that's what happens from living in "The Sticks" :D

My camera, batteries, curling iron, bling, french press coffee maker and my toiletries can fit into the "right" purse (or possibly a backpack).

But I could NEVER do it for a 20+ day cruise. NEVER!

I think (OMG, a decade ago I'd have cut out my tongue before I would even CONSIDER not having 8 pairs of dress pants, 6 skirts, several silk shirts, a couple of cashmere sweater, full-length gown and at least 10 pairs of shoes for a 7 day cruise!!!) <-- See, that's what happens from living in "The Sticks" :D

!

Ok....are your peeking inside my suitcase:D?

Abandon your career, move to the sticks, adopt too many pets, and live hand-to-mouth. Make CERTAIN you move somewhere that "dressing up" is clean blue jeans and a freshly pressed shirt :) And eat so much you can no longer fit in your "city" clothes.... that's solved MY overpacking problem :)

Abandon your career, move to the sticks, adopt too many pets, and live hand-to-mouth. Make CERTAIN you move somewhere that "dressing up" is clean blue jeans and a freshly pressed shirt :) And eat so much you can no longer fit in your "city" clothes.... that's solved MY overpacking problem :)

Not ready to do that yet. I'm still in my "sell your soul for money mode:D"

Archived