How did you get your Seattle hotel deal?

Infi

I've been researching hotels for about a month now, using many sites - Priceline, Hotwire, biddingfortravel, and Easyclicktravel primarily. However, most of the sites haven't reported successful bids for hotels in summertime, so I don't have much to work with.

So, I'm turning to you cruisers for advice. Who has gotten a good Seattle hotel deal for the summer? I'm mainly looking at downtown, 3-4 stars, in June. I'm booking two rooms (taking family with us) so I'm trying to keep costs as reasonable as possible.

Are there any good discount hotel sites out there that I'm missing? I found Easyclicktravel through the boards here, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on something else!

Thanks so much for any advice!

We are going in June. For several months starting around last Aug/Sept I had been checking hotel prices. I did this thru the hotel sites or various travel sites. Unfortunately, I did not find any "good" deals. I was hoping for something under $200. I finally booked around December. We did end up with $189 at the Best Western in Pioneer Sq. This was the best I could get in/near the area I wanted to be in and the reviews on Trip Advisor are fairly good.

I have used Priceline before with good luck. The following is my take on Priceline bidding: I think you will probably not see bidding for June at this early date. As the time gets closer and the hotels want to sell their unsold rooms they will start releasing rooms to Priceline. That is when you will see the accepted bids. If you do use Priceline make sure you read all the rules & terms; exp. only one bed for two people guaranteed to a room. We have a family group meeting up in Seattle otherwise I would have waited and used Priceline. You can always book a hotel and then see what the winning bids are around May/early June and decide if you want to keep the hotel room you booked or try Priceline.

Good luck.

Best advice I can give would be to book now at an acceptable hotel at a rate you can cancel. Go to their websites and book direct. Join the hotel clubs and book through them. Then wait, keep checking biddingfortravel and try Priceline when your dates get closer, about one month out. Good luck!

Forgot to mention, we booked the Red Lion on Priceline in December. I submitted the same bid every day (you can only bid and modify your bid once a day) for two weeks when the Red Lion accepted our $90 bid. When I checked the hotel website and made a dummy reservation for the same days the lowest discounted rate was $211 per night. My theory is that because a Priceline bid must be paid at once if accepted the hotel might have needed some income to meet a sales goal.

we won t have a car and only staying one night..so we wanted a

hotel close, within walking distance of the pier..

we got the Edgewater for $225 thru EasyClick..kinda high but still alot less than their rack rate..i believe the price has gone down to $190 now :mad:

the hotel is right next door to the pier 66 and Anthony s..

I was looking for a hotel in mid May and was bidding on Priceline for over three weeks without a winning bid. I finally just when ahead and booked a three and a half star airport hotel on Hotwire. $64 and have no complaints. The hotel is identified at "better bidding" for those who want to do alittle research. Tim

I booked directly thru Homewood and got a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen, and living room for $269.00 for Labor Day weekend......There are 4 adults so this should be pretty roomy and comfortable. Also get free breakfast, and closest hotel to Pier 91.

I thank SeattleCruiselover for this...........couldnt of done it without her........

We used air miles for our hotel, so if you have any reward plans with points on them, this might be a good time to use them. We had the choice of the downtown Westin or Sheraton. We chose the Westin.

You might want to try skyauction. We ended up at Pan Pacific for $100/nt

Can you please give a little more info on skyauction? I haven't used it before. When I went to the website and picked a hotel, it said:

Bid Per Room Per Night and Choose Your Length of Stay anytime thru October 31, 2009. It also gave check in and check out dates allowed. However, the box that you enter your bid in does not include check in/check out dates. Before I bid, I want to make sure that I get to pick the dates before I win the bid. Do I get a reservation for the dates I need or a voucher to use at the hotel IF my dates are available?

Hotwire for me. I checked hotwire and then went to Priceline and only would bid as high as Hotwire quested for the same star level.

I'm very happy.

Have fun planning

I booked the Red Lion at 5th Ave for $75 for July 4. This is my first Priceline experience and I think I got a great deal. Tax and fees made it like $94. Of course, I will let you know after my experience. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza a few years ago with bonus points from a credit card and that was a very nice experience.

I got Howard Johnson's on Pacific Highway for $5! (booked on hojo's website.) Not sure if it is a typo error on their website or if that is the rate. It is a military rate, since my husband is in the Airforce. I couldn't pass the deal up, so I booked it. If they change the price, I can cancel. Not sure how nice the hotel is. I have read some reviews and it seems that Howard Johnson had purchased the hotel and has made renovations, so hopefully it will be clean. It is only for one night pre-cruise and has free shuttle from the airport.

"Can you please give a little more info on skyauction? I haven't used it before. When I went to the website and picked a hotel, it said:

Bid Per Room Per Night and Choose Your Length of Stay anytime thru October 31, 2009. It also gave check in and check out dates allowed. However, the box that you enter your bid in does not include check in/check out dates. Before I bid, I want to make sure that I get to pick the dates before I win the bid. Do I get a reservation for the dates I need or a voucher to use at the hotel IF my dates are available?"

SueSea,

If you sucessfully bid on an item, you then submit the dates you are looking at. If not available, you don't pay. This is from the email I received after winning:

"We hope that you feel the experience was easy and, above all, fun! It is now time for you to give us information on your travel details and it is important that you do so as soon as possible. All auctions are subject to availability and the earlier you submit, the better chance there will be that we will be able to confirm you on the dates that you prefer. If you wait too long there might not be availability! Don't worry -- we won't charge you if we are unable to confirm your designated travel dates for any reason or provide certificates offered in the auction"

All in all, pretty painless

I got Howard Johnson's on Pacific Highway for $5! (booked on hojo's website.) Not sure if it is a typo error on their website or if that is the rate. It is a military rate, since my husband is in the Airforce. I couldn't pass the deal up, so I booked it. If they change the price, I can cancel. Not sure how nice the hotel is. I have read some reviews and it seems that Howard Johnson had purchased the hotel and has made renovations, so hopefully it will be clean. It is only for one night pre-cruise and has free shuttle from the airport.

Hi, when are you traveling? Can you post if you have any problems with the reservation or rate at check-in. I also got a reservation there for August. Had to pay a little more. $10!!!. :)

"If you sucessfully bid on an item, you then submit the dates you are looking at. If not available, you don't pay. This is from the email I received after winning:

"We hope that you feel the experience was easy and, above all, fun! It is now time for you to give us information on your travel details and it is important that you do so as soon as possible. All auctions are subject to availability and the earlier you submit, the better chance there will be that we will be able to confirm you on the dates that you prefer. If you wait too long there might not be availability! Don't worry -- we won't charge you if we are unable to confirm your designated travel dates for any reason or provide certificates offered in the auction"

All in all, pretty painless

Thanks, Pazoo!

Hi, when are you traveling? Can you post if you have any problems with the reservation or rate at check-in. I also got a reservation there for August. Had to pay a little more. $10!!!. :)

We are traveling May 30, staying one night. So far I haven't received anything saying there was a pricing error. I hope they honor it. I will update after we travel if we were able to get the cheap rate.

You might want to try skyauction. We ended up at Pan Pacific for $100/nt

I too am looking to get a room at the Pan Pacific. Was your bid $100, or does that include the $20 service charge and the $49 hotel fee?

Did they confirm your date(s)? If so, what dates did you get?

I've never used Skyauction. Did a google on them and came across some pretty unsatisfied customers. Of course, most people only speak up when they have something to complain about, not when things go right.

Thanks.

I was also having trouble finding a reasonably priced room in Seattle. We also needed two rooms in mid June. After checking trip advisor and many other sites, we finally settled at the residence inn at south lake union. We were able to get a two bedroom suite for $289 a night. Each bedroom has king beds and there is a sofa bed. It is close to the south lake union trolley that goes to downtown. We are happy with our choice and booked directly with Marriott so if we find something better closer to our cruise we can just cancel. Hope this helps.

I booked two months ago on HAL and they were running a free hotel room offer. You had to be in a suite for "free" room, but balconys got a great price (I think it was $50) for a fantastic hotel (Fairmont) downtown - in both Seattle and Vancouver.

DaveOKC

Archived