How did you get your Seattle hotel deal?

Infi

I too am looking to get a room at the Pan Pacific. Was your bid $100, or does that include the $20 service charge and the $49 hotel fee?

Did they confirm your date(s)? If so, what dates did you get?

I've never used Skyauction. Did a google on them and came across some pretty unsatisfied customers. Of course, most people only speak up when they have something to complain about, not when things go right.

Thanks.

When everything was done, the price came to about $147/nt. I checeked on Pan Pacific's site 1st & they wanted $325/nt.

Yes, they confirmed my dates and gave me a Sky Auction confirmation #. I then called Pan Pacific and they confirmed my reservation and I received their confirmation # so I could view my reservation on their web site.

I received the dates I asked for which was the weekend on 9/4, prior to heading out on NCL Pearl.

All in all, a good experience with Sky Auction. Actually, I've since won (2) watches and have been satisfied.

We are going in June. For several months starting around last Aug/Sept I had been checking hotel prices. I did this thru the hotel sites or various travel sites. Unfortunately, I did not find any "good" deals. I was hoping for something under $200. I finally booked around December. We did end up with $189 at the Best Western in Pioneer Sq. This was the best I could get in/near the area I wanted to be in and the reviews on Trip Advisor are fairly good.

I have used Priceline before with good luck. The following is my take on Priceline bidding: I think you will probably not see bidding for June at this early date. As the time gets closer and the hotels want to sell their unsold rooms they will start releasing rooms to Priceline. That is when you will see the accepted bids. If you do use Priceline make sure you read all the rules & terms; exp. only one bed for two people guaranteed to a room. We have a family group meeting up in Seattle otherwise I would have waited and used Priceline. You can always book a hotel and then see what the winning bids are around May/early June and decide if you want to keep the hotel room you booked or try Priceline.

Good luck.

I just booked the Seattle Sheraton Downtown for June 5th, through Priceline. I got it for $95+ tax.

We stayed there last year pre cruise and it is very nice and nicely located, a few blocks to Pikes Market.

• 1 month later...
Hi, when are you traveling? Can you post if you have any problems with the reservation or rate at check-in. I also got a reservation there for August. Had to pay a little more. $10!!!. :)

Just wanted to let you know that I went ahead and contacted Howard Johnson to verify the price. I didn't want to get there and have them not honor the price. The Hotel manager called me today and said it was a glitch in the computer system, and they would not be able to honor the price, but would offer me a rate of $50! I cancelled the reservation and will be looking elsewhere. The only reason I double checked, I didn't want to be so far away from downtown if we would have to pay more than the confirmed price. At $5, I would of stayed, but not paying $50. I can get something with better reviews hopefully.

I just love Priceline. Every time I use them I get a good deal. And a nice hotel.

Last night I bid $94.00 and got the Sheraton for June 5th. In downtown Seattle.

I started last week with a low bid of $79.00 for a 5 star and every other day increased my bid up $5.00. It paid off.

I just love Priceline. Every time I use them I get a good deal. And a nice hotel.

Last night I bid $94.00 and got the Sheraton for June 5th. In downtown Seattle.

I started last week with a low bid of $79.00 for a 5 star and every other day increased my bid up $5.00. It paid off.

We got the Seattle Sheraton($95) for June 5th also! What cruise are you on?

We used Priceline for Aug 28 and Aug 29 right before we cruise and got $80 per night-total is $160 plus $32.32 tax. Happy clams. Now have to get one near airport for the night of Sept 6th we we come home. Want to get close to airport so we can use the hotel shuttle to get to airport early on the 7th.

Since folks seem to be posting priceline bids (in a much more friendly format than BFT, too :D)...

May 29-31, Residence Inn Lake Union for $75/night. Almost wish I had tried lower, but we are happy. We were bidding 3* in Lake Union or U-District, due to family near the U. But if anyone in interested in this hotel, there is light rail that takes you downtown.

Side note - I was much less happy with the rental car situation. I've been to lots of cities where I can get a rental for the weekend for $30-$40. Even with priceline, I was only able to get it down to $65 for 2 days. Might have had better luck with my occasionally stragey - stand in front of the rental car counters while they are empty and loudly ask - whose got the best price for a car right now LOL Ok, so not a real strategy, but I have done it a couple of times at ELP.

Sheraton is running specials on their website.

Nice deals...but still cheaper with Priceline. For June 5, in Seattle, they are quoting $159+ taxes. I got $95+ from Priceline. ;)

Friday, June 26th @ Westin:), via hotwire $99 ($120 w/all taxes & fees)

i had to use hotwire as there are 3 in our party & we require 2 beds. My family saw pic of westin & put it on their wish list...guess they wanted to sleep in a round building lol. I balked booking orginally as AAA rate was $199+:eek:

did have sheraton booked via a promo (STAYFR) works on 'some' Friday night stays, less than $150 after taxes, beat the AAA rate by approx $25

happy hunting;)

My other hotel deal fell through, so I bid priceline. Bid 3.5 star or above pike place, $65 1st bid. It was accepted by Westin Seattle. With taxes it comes to $78.78. This is for one night 5/30/09.:):)

Archived