Anyone stay at embassy suites logan airport?

cruisers4ever

Have you checked out Club Quarters? They are in downtown Boston instead of the airport. The area is quiet and safe at night - you can easily walk to the 'T' and to Faneuil Hall. The hotel is clean, but the rooms can be small. This is a no frills hotel for business travelers - no bellmen, self check in, no room services, but it does have a fitness center.

If they have availability for your dates and the price suits, I would make a reservation just to have it while you explore other possibilities.

Here's the link to questions I asked when we were trying to find a hotel. Scroll down until you see the Embassy Suites mentioned. We made reservations there. Also note the comments made about October events in Boston.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848816&highlight=

Thanks for the link...very helpful, think I will goo ahead and book the Embassy

I guess I'm puzzled as to why folks who want to be tourists in Boston would want to stay at the airport for a couple of days precruise unless the room were free. Folks are always asking about bidding strategies for Priceline in order to get a downtown hotel room at a good price. Almost any option under $200 is a steal. Boston is a walking city - from any downtown hotel you can walk the Freedom Trail, walk to the North End, walk to Faneuil Hall, walk to Chinatown, walk to Downtown Crossing, walk the Harborfront, etc.

138east - what an excellant question. You really made me think. If I didn't have my plans set in stone, maybe I would be more adventurous.

Not knowing Boston well, I guess the comfortability of being at a "brand name" hotel and being close to the airport, (so that we don't miss our flight, have shuttle service, etc. was important).

We are staying at the Hyatt ... will take the water taxi, and do some exploring .... now I just need to find out exactly what we will explore. Jan

I guess I'm puzzled as to why folks who want to be tourists in Boston would want to stay at the airport for a couple of days precruise unless the room were free. Folks are always asking about bidding strategies for Priceline in order to get a downtown hotel room at a good price. Almost any option under $200 is a steal. Boston is a walking city - from any downtown hotel you can walk the Freedom Trail, walk to the North End, walk to Faneuil Hall, walk to Chinatown, walk to Downtown Crossing, walk the Harborfront, etc.

138 it all boils down to the might dollar$$ in making a decision...the rates of these rooms at most of the nicer "downtown" for 2 nights is crazy! trust me..I wanted to experience the "downtown" feeling, but spending $275-375/night just doesn't make sense. i would much rather spend on excursions and on ship! and I just can,t do the Priceline thing..need to know where I am staying BEFORE i pay...thats just me...I know many who do this and are ok with this..maybe one day I will just go for it!! but until then...a hotel outside the city will have to do to keep more $ in pocket for other things! but I get what u are saying...

Cruisers4ever - I just want to be sure that you have checked out all your options since you are staying for more than just an airport overnight in Boston. I looked at Club Quarters in October 2009 - the rates were under $200. The rooms are not large - I would not select the cheapest room. And the hotel services are minimal - read the Trip Advisor reviews to see the things that folks did not like. The one thing folks agree on is that the price and location can't be beat and the hotel is clean. If you can live without the hotel services, then this could be an option for you. I have actually stayed here several times without any issues. It is a basic hotel in a great safe location.

I read on another thread that the Old Town Trolley will do a 9:15 am pickup at Embassy Suites - that would be worth checking out. Also, you have access to the Blue Line.

Jan - I think I remember that you got a rate of $99 at the airport Hyatt. That is a great deal - the hotel and its location are spectacular. The water taxi is right there and you have access to the Blue Line.

138east,

You said Boston is a walking city. I cannot walk far, therefore walking the Freedom Trail is not an option for us. We'll only be in Boston 1 night. We'll basically get in, spend the night, then board as soon as possible the next morning. DH does want to see the Constitution, but we may be getting to town too late for him to do that. Embassy Suites has a restaurant, so we don't have to hunt for a restaurant then figure out how to get to it. We'll get a free breakfast and a price that is more reasonable than downtown. We'll be only a short drive away from Black Falcon. We know what Embassy Suites is like, so we won't be getting any unwelcome surprises. An airport hotel with a name we know, a price we can live with, and dining available is fine for us.

LindaKE - Embassy Suites sounds like the perfect choice for you. I have no problem with the hotel at all. I have a problem with the location for folks (unlike yourself) who say they want to sightsee in Boston for several days prior to a cruise and would really like to stay downtown.

There are a few reasonable hotel options in downtown Boston to be evaluated. Staying at Logan airport means that you have to take a shuttle or walk to the Blue Line and ride several stops to Government Center, which puts you near Faneuil Hall. Other destinations are an additional T ride or two. Cab rides are more expensive because of the tunnel toll.

If you need a password for Club Quarters, use fidelity.

138 East

Thanks for info on Club Quarters...not sure how I missed checking this out..after re-reading ur responses..I checked it out...I used the password..then tried to reserve without and got same results...a much cheaper rate...and I am closer to city...so..I will read reviews and see what folks have to say...My husband stayed at one in New York..he said they were small...but nice, with a European flair...I agree..the smallest is a full...we will need at least a queen...thanks again for ur help!

Cruisers4ever - If you are interested, don't hesitate to book while you consider other alternatives. You can always cancel. This hotel is on a quiet street (it's not a through street, so less traffic) in a safe area. You can walk to the Downtown Crossing or State Street stop on the 'T'.

What you won't have in this hotel is a morning paper, a concierge, bell hops, room service, large public rooms, restaurant, bar, etc. However, there is a restaurant next door. The rooms are clean with the basic amenities and you will have a great base to tour Boston from.

Cruisers4ever - If you are interested, don't hesitate to book while you consider other alternatives. You can always cancel. This hotel is on a quiet street (it's not a through street, so less traffic) in a safe area. You can walk to the Downtown Crossing or State Street stop on the 'T'.

What you won't have in this hotel is a morning paper, a concierge, bell hops, room service, large public rooms, restaurant, bar, etc. However, there is a restaurant next door. The rooms are clean with the basic amenities and you will have a great base to tour Boston from.

138 East..I went ahead and booked at Club Quarters..actually got a better price via Priceline..I didn,t even have to name my price...I just booked! but when tried to get my parents a room...no longer available..so I went back to CQ site and used the word u gave to gain access and inquire and they are available at a lower rate than someone not a member...is this ok to use from you?..from reading one can be a friend of member to obtain special rates in this club...will I have to show something when they arrive? any info would be appreciated I am all for saving and if i can use something to help me save..I will... and again..thanks for the heads up with this..

I booked my airflight last night...Jet Blue released their Oct. schedules..we jumped all over that and are ready to go...now I need to get the rest of our group up to speed!

Don't worry about it. It's a large corporate membership and no id is required. Sounds like you are all set.

138East...went ahead and used it..got my mother-in-law a descent rate..thanks again...now I will be back on her good list..LOL! Hey..you were from Boston? do u miss it?

Archived