Turkey neck

lgfromdg

We started Weight Watchers at Work 5 weeks ago and in that time I've lost 15 lbs. I still have more to lose but have already noticed the loose skin on my neck :( I don't have the money or courage for plastic surgery, so I was wondering if anyone here who has lost weight has had the same problem. If so, have you found any lotion or cream that tightens up the skin?

mafig - Have you tried any lotion or cream? I bought some firming lotion today, so time will tell if it works. This happened to me the last time I lost weight and I think it's partly why I put the weight back on. I hated all that loose skin on my neck. :( It made me feel so old.

I don't think any creams are going to make a bit of difference. If there was such a thing, we'd all have it in our cabinets already, no matter how much it cost! :p

Unfortunately, when weight loss occurs after a certain age, our skin has already lost its elasticity, and simply doesn't "snap back" like it would have 10 years earlier. This is why I encourage people to stay in shape, or GET in shape, at a young enough age that this does not become an issue. I have the same thing...I gained weight in my early 40's, and then lost it, but I have some areas where the skin just is not what it used to be. :(

That said, I would never EVER regain weight to make my skin look better! Hell no....it was too damn hard to get here. That would just be stupid. Wrinkles are just a part of aging, and something we just need to get used to, tough as it is.

Ah, the dreaded turkey neck! This appeared right before my 45th birthday. I have seriously considered getting some flesh colored tape (some kind of bandage tape, like Elastoplast, maybe!) and pulling the excess to the back of my neck below my head and taping firmly! Might hurt upon removal, but darn, I'll look great on formal night in my new dress LOL

Dee :D

Moisterize, massage and wax, if possible! The more you "handle" that skin, the more it will "contract"! (that's why most men don't get wrinkles--they shave daily!!!! Lots of contact!) It will take a while---months, most likely, but that skin will start to "draw up" and it won't look so bad!

I had the same problem with my lower tummy after I lost a bunch of weight---it looked awful! But, I use a "firming" lotion (not magic, but cheap!!) and rub and exfoliate...it's tightened quite a bit---it will never look 20 yrs. old, again, but hell--I'm in my mid-50s! What do you expect????

Archived