Kukoo Konukoo Bus Tour

Sharon I

We would like to do the Kukoo Konukoo bus tour and beach break. My question is, is it a drinking type tour and would it be something my sixteen year old granddaughter can do. I have my doubts that she would feel comfortable if there was drinking but I'm not for sure if there is. PLease somebody tell me before I prepay this excursion.

Sharon I

Why not just go to the beach--you don't need an excursion for that! There are plenty of cabs--and they'll take you and pick you up. There are chair and umbrella rentals, watersport equip. and restaurants/bars, restrooms....You don't need to pay $$$$ to go to the beach!

You are very limited in Aruba for places on the beach that rent chairs; most are reserved for hotel guests, and they are pretty good at policing them and asking poachers to leave.

If you just want to enjoy the beach, ask a taxi to take you to Moombas Beach Bar on Palm Beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there, and there are bathrooms/food/music and shopping nearby.

I'm not even sure if it's suitable for some adults!:eek:;):D

My DH and I did it in 2006, at the beginning of an 11 day cruise, and it did me in! I didn't have a drink for the rest of the cruise! It was a blast, but be careful...it can get waaay out of hand!:D:D

As you can see by my list of cruises, we have done our share of excursions. The night pub crawl on this bus was the only one that I asked the cruiseline for a refund for. It was awful. They took our bus of 12 people from the ship to local bars that could on their best day be called "dives". One even had a stripper pole. At 4 of the 6 places, we were the only people there. Each was themed and seemed like it existed only for the buses. An empty Karoke bar, an empty tavern, an empty disco (complete with stripper pole), you get the picture. The two with people were a bar with pool tables (and pool sharks), and a basement bar which was the only normal stop on the trip. We were supposed to end up at Carlos and Charlies and the driver would not take us there. At each stop our drink was a rum punch or a bottle of local beer or Carona. I am not sure about the daytime trip, but unless it has changed, pick something else.

Aruba is some of the best snorkeling I have ever done.

Archived