bringing alcohol

gacruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on bringing coke and some bottled water. Is it best to just check the entire stick of Coke by itself rather or in a separate bag? For water bottles should they be loose in the suitcase or put them in a bag with the stick of Coke? Thanks!

I'm sure the length of time varies greatly in the Naughty Room depending on when you go i.e. along with a big crowd (I like the idea of waiting a few hours and then going to the info desk... for a 'private' naughty' experience) but what about picking up what they confiscated in the naughty room at the end of the cruise?

Do you go go and get it the morning you disembark? Does it take 10 minutes or an hour? I read on CC about a conference room piled high with bottles, etc - (a Friends of Bill W meeting was held in the room - duh).

I doubt they make an announcement LOL... "Come and get it!" but where do you go to get the contraband?

Thanks.

Here was my experience (Spirit March 29 sailing) with getting soda, pop, and beer on board.

I carried on a 12 pack coke (that I swapped out with beer) and a 12 pack of diet coke (also swapped out with beer). No problems, went right through security with it, walked on the ship with it - no questions asked.

I also packed a separate box with 12-ounce bottles of pop, bottles of water, and 4 beers. I checked the box at the pier to be delivered directly to our room. I WAS expecting to get a notice that we needed to retrieve the box from the 'naughty' room (figured there was a good chance that NCL would confiscate the 4 beers) BUT turns out the box was delivered directly to our room.

Keep in mind; these items were pop, water, and beer. Wine and liquor is likely to be a different situation. Someone else in our group put vodka in a water bottle and made it on with no problem.

Good luck to all of who intend/try to bring alcohol on board.

I just love reading this thread. O.K. I confess. I have been on a number of cruises. Don't do the bottled water thing. I packed 2 bottles of Fiji water in a suitcase. One bottle was full of vodka and the other water.

For some reason,, gee, I got called to the naughty room and they weren't that nice at all. Mind you one bottle was totally sealed. So....in the end I acted like the bottle that had the vodka was actually filled w/ water, took a swig and ended up getting them to my cabin. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

Boxed wine worked fine for me on RCL and the runners are the best.

IMHO, the men were not the nicest of individuals on NCL and no one was around.

My husband's friend said he used saline solution containers for contact lenses, but I haven't gone that route yet. Look, they upped the daily gratuity, and they can't be making out that poorly.

Send some more stories this way.

Wow! Three Rum Runner retailers located in Arizona, what does that say?:)

Rumrunners headquarters is in Phoenix, AZ;)

For the best price......and quick delivery........http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com

I have cruised on NCL just once...........in '01, and am now considering it again..........as I'm hearing some very good things about NCL.

I have been called to the naughty room at RCCL........because I had stacked two rumrunners.........one on top of the other. Fortunately for me, the checker was lenient.........he actually told me what they saw, and not to pack them that way in the future!!:D I was very lucky.

Rick

They're not stupid. They know all about vodka in water bottles, rum in coke bottles, whiskey in mouthwash bottles.

Security will shake bottles of water to see if they bubble...water does not bubble but alcohol does! They will also cut open sealed boxes of soda cans to check for beer. And yes, they are on to the shampoo and mouthwash bottles! And even if you do get your hooch through, it is very hard to remove the taste of shampoo or mouthwash from plastic. Imagine shampoo flavored rum! Yuk!

I have cruised mostly Carnival in the past and they allowed you to bring 2 bottles of wine, does NCL allow this. Also I only drink a certain kind of alcohol that the cruise ships never carry. Does anyone have any ideas how I can bring some. I will be flying for Ga to Seattle. We normally drive to Fl ports and this has never been an issue for us before. Thanks

would that be homemade moonshine? hehehehehe

Today at work we tossed around the theory of liquor and getting it on board ships. It is much the same as anything. Sometimes you get a pass and sometimes you don't. IMHO ;) Do they know...yes. Do they let you get away with it sometimes...yes. Do I enjoy the fun of trying...:D

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am in the group of enjoying the fun of trying.

Besides I want to bring my Tito's Handmade Vodka with me, I do not think I will be able to buy any in Barcelona. So I think I will visit the rumrunners site and try their flask.

Best regards, tony

Northville, MI

Today at work we tossed around the theory of liquor and getting it on board ships. It is much the same as anything. Sometimes you get a pass and sometimes you don't. IMHO ;) Do they know...yes. Do they let you get away with it sometimes...yes. Do I enjoy the fun of trying...:D

I have been following intently this conversation and have read so many conflicting comments.

One of the girls going with us next week called NCL and our travel agent who both said that water and soda are prohibited from being brought on board. Yet I have read over and over that it is allowed.

I'm going to attempt to bring wine boxes. Do I or don't I take it out of the box? One person said to carry it in your carry-on another person said whatever you do don't put it in your carryon.

Is there any right answer or just lots of opinions?

I just read that the cheapest wine was $22 and a bucket of beer is $25. At these prices I will have to take out a loan. I must get my boxes on board!

We bring box wine on every cruise - HAL, Princess and now NCL - we always leave the wine bladder in the box and pack in our carry on. Have NEVER had a problem. Personally, I would not put in the checked luggage for the simple reason IF they do question it, you have to waste time going to the aforementioned "naughty room" - what a waste of time on your first day of vacation :)

• 2 months later...

My husband makes his own wine and we want to bring some of his on board with us. It tastes soooo much better than store bought. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will be able to do so as well. It is in glass bottles, should we try packing it in our carry on?? He also makes up his own labels and attaches this to the bottles as well.

Archived