2B Veranda vs. CC cabin

salmn

We are on the Summit this summer in the Med.. Originally booked one of the 2B Veranda's with the larger balcony. This week I checked the website and the CC cabins were only $39 per person more. For $78, we traded extra balcony space for a smaller balcony and more room space plus the extra perks of the CC class. Just wondering if this was a good move?

I also checked those cabins and it looks like a good move, BUT take a closer look and you may find that they have an adjoining door to the next cabin, which from a sound point of view may not be a good move!

There's gotta be a reason why they are so cheap.

GREAT move! ALthough the 21 extra square feet doesn't sound like much, it amounts to 15% additional space. I paid $200/pp more to have that space and it meant a lot to me on a longer (14 nite) cruise. The perks are not all that great but for the money totally worth it. What's the date of sailing-I need to look into that!

Have a great time

Cathy

It is the 8-26-09 Venice to Barcelona on the Summit. I checked again yesterday and the prices which had dropped have actually gone up a few dollars since I changed rooms. I believe the 2B is now $1748 pp and the CC is $1798 pp making it $100 difference in rooms. I just hope we don't regret giving up the big balcony.

It is the 8-26-09 Venice to Barcelona on the Summit. I checked again yesterday and the prices which had dropped have actually gone up a few dollars since I changed rooms. I believe the 2B is now $1748 pp and the CC is $1798 pp making it $100 difference in rooms. I just hope we don't regret giving up the big balcony.

How big was the balcony you lost?

The website shows 38 s.f. for all the 2B verandas, but if you look at the deck plan for the Vista deck on the Summit, there are some verandas that are larger (7180 for example). We had one on the Millie and loved it. It was almost twice as large as the regular 2B veranda.

The website shows 38 s.f. for all the 2B verandas, but if you look at the deck plan for the Vista deck on the Summit, there are some verandas that are larger (7180 for example). We had one on the Millie and loved it. It was almost twice as large as the regular 2B veranda.

Your CC balcony will be big enough to sit out there and watch the world go by--you can't occupy more than 2 chairs at one time anyway!

We started off in a 2A cabin--I felt SO cramped, hard to explain. The area by the couch was just miniscule to me. We upgraded on board to the CC and felt it was well worth it--much more elbow room and it changed my whole attitude. I love large balconies too, but when you consider how much time you are in your cabin, vs how much time on your balcony, I think you will find it a good decision.

You will love the cruise--great itinerary, very port intensive and you will be pooped out when you get home--but in a good way!

Cathy

I also checked those cabins and it looks like a good move, BUT take a closer look and you may find that they have an adjoining door to the next cabin, which from a sound point of view may not be a good move!

There's gotta be a reason why they are so cheap.

I would not have made the change if the CC is on the sky deck..:eek: IMHO....thats why they are so cheap......if you got one on deck 8 or below, yep, good move!

If the locations are equally good, then a good move! The CC is a bigger space & I recall it may have extra storage shelves...

the flowers & canapes are not the big deal--but cabin size & better room service for breakfast & priority tenders are good. We just booked a CC on Summit over a 2 B for Bermuda & the price diff was quite a bit more--just wanted the biggger room. & hoping the price will come down as we go along...

I would not have made the change if the CC is on the sky deck..:eek: IMHO....thats why they are so cheap......if you got one on deck 8 or below, yep, good move!

ccletzgo,

Why do you say it wouldn't be a good idea if the cc was on the sky deck?

We just sailed on sky deck on the Constellation and are booked in June for a cc on Sky deck on the Summit.

Archived