How Far From Barcelona Port to Barcelona Airport?

We will be arriving on Princess Ruby into Barcelona on May 4th. Since we can not get a flight out after noon on the 4th, we are flying out on the 5th of May. Could anyone please tell me how far it is from the port in Barcelona to the airport? Anyone with a good recommendation of a reasonably priced hotel in the airport area? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Emily

:)just back from Barcelona on the NCL Jade...it docked at 5am we were off by 6:15 and at the airport by 6:50 and the Continental window didnt open til 7;30....We had a 10:30 flight at had plenty of time..the cruise line transfer was $40.00 p/p to the airport with 40 others but the taxi was E35 with tip and no waiting ..we did do self assist to get off......

We will be arriving on Princess Ruby into Barcelona on May 4th. Since we can not get a flight out after noon on the 4th, we are flying out on the 5th of May. Could anyone please tell me how far it is from the port in Barcelona to the airport? Anyone with a good recommendation of a reasonably priced hotel in the airport area? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Emily

:confused::confused::confused:I think I misread the ?:confused:

Emily

• 2 weeks later...

It's about 30 minutes by bus/car from the port to the airport (due to traffic, not distance). We cruised out of there in November and stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Universal http://www.nnhotels.com/en/hotelbarcelonauniversal/ (we booked through expedia and got a decent price) for 2 nights before the cruise. It was a lovely, very modern hotel in the theater district, with a beautiful (but small) roof top pool. The room was a decent size and comfortable. Don't pay the extra for breakfast, there are several little cafes a couple of doors down where you can get a decent breakfast for about 5 Euros. My parents, sister and brother-in-law who cruised with us also stayed at this hotel and were impressed. Another plus, we were within walking distance (15 mins walk) from the Christopher Columbus column from where we picked up the hop on hop off bus.

Anyone with a good recommendation of a reasonably priced hotel in the airport area?

We have stayed a couple of times at Salles Ciutat del Prat Hotel http://www.salleshotels.com/en/hotel/54/24/urban-hotels/salles-hotel-ciutat-del-prat.html?gclid=CL6x3PCarZICFRvs1AodaS7vQg and would recommend it for a nights stay, particularly before an early morning flight.

The decor can be a bit garish to the eye but it is very clean and quiet.

It also has its own courtesy transfer bus to take you to the airport.

Suggest you shop around various hotel booking sites to get a better rate than booking direct with the hotel.

Archived