Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hubby is back!!!!!! I will not do anything today. I think I over did it last Sunday... Monday, I woke up with a lot of aches and pain and even if I was rubbing my legs and my back, the pain would not subside. I will have a nice, painfull massage today and take it easy. Tomorrow, I'll be back on track... Or in the stairs if you prefer :)

Hi everyone!

I have not been on in a while since I had my right knee replaced on 5/11. It is doing well, I am working through physical therapy (somewhat grueling at times). My appetite is way of from the pain meds but hopefully that will have one "good" side effect. I got weighed right after I got home from the hospital on 5/14 and it was not good. I did not eat much in the hospital so I think it must have been the fluid I am holding.

I scanned the postings over the last couple of weeks. Vickey - so sorry you have been hospitalized but I am sympathetic to you problems. Missou - Hope your back feels better soon.

I am still running a low grade fever at night but dr. says not to worry. I have pt 3 times a week here at home and a home nurse twice a week.

It is amaziing how much of my day the things I need to do take of my time when you consider I still nap a lot.

I am happy with my progress so far and will be glad when I can pick up a regular exercise plan again.

All of you have a good rest of the week and eat well!

Marsha

Hello Marsha, nice to see you. I am really happy to know the opration went well. Keep on bending that knee and on reinforcing your legs. My back will feel better as soon as DH gives me a good massage, don't worry about it.

Take care of yourself and bring that fever down! 11_7_102.gif

If no one else will do it, I will post the updates for you on June 1st. Might as well help you out, since I have been pushing so hard.

Do have to say that I did jog up the stairs today. Legs are burning.

I'm physic I knew you would be so kind to fill in for me.:DThanks.

Congrats on jogging up the stairs but don't get any ideas I will walk them but not jog them:eek:

Hubby is back!!!!!! I will not do anything today. I think I over did it last Sunday... Monday, I woke up with a lot of aches and pain and even if I was rubbing my legs and my back, the pain would not subside. I will have a nice, painfull massage today and take it easy. Tomorrow, I'll be back on track... Or in the stairs if you prefer :)

This message is private so no one but Missou read....If you think we believe you when you say will not be doing ANYTHING today because your DH is back...after he has been gone.:D

Hi everyone!

I have not been on in a while since I had my right knee replaced on 5/11. It is doing well, I am working through physical therapy (somewhat grueling at times). My appetite is way of from the pain meds but hopefully that will have one "good" side effect. I got weighed right after I got home from the hospital on 5/14 and it was not good. I did not eat much in the hospital so I think it must have been the fluid I am holding.

I scanned the postings over the last couple of weeks. Vickey - so sorry you have been hospitalized but I am sympathetic to you problems. Missou - Hope your back feels better soon.

I am still running a low grade fever at night but dr. says not to worry. I have pt 3 times a week here at home and a home nurse twice a week.

It is amaziing how much of my day the things I need to do take of my time when you consider I still nap a lot.

I am happy with my progress so far and will be glad when I can pick up a regular exercise plan again.

All of you have a good rest of the week and eat well!

Marsha

Marsha..you were missed :) glad you are doing better. Take it easy.

ANCHORS AWEIGH IN

MONDAY MAY 11th

brnsnbrws MIA

SW..204 lbs

TW...200.2 lbs

Total=3.8 lbs

riddle

SW....231 lbs

TW....223--221--220--218--217--217lbs ***on sick leave***

CW...180 lbs

Total=14 lbs

***37 lbs to goal***

Jon

SW....306 lbs

TW....255--253--252--247--244--240--232--234lbs

CW....220 lbs

***+2 lbs*** Total=72 lbs

***14 lbs to goal***

Nikki

SW...250 lbs

TW....218--216--214--212--210--208--204--204lbs

CW...170 lbs

***same***Total=45 lbs

***35 lbs to goal***

vdarrell

SW...236 lbs

TW...229--227--229--227--225--222--225 lbs

CW..170 lbs

***+3 lb *** Total=11 lbs

***55 lbs to goal***

Measurements:

Bust ....45--44 inches **-1 inch**

Arms....14 1/2---14 1/4 inches **-1/4 inch**

Waist....44--43 1/2 inches **-1/2 inch

Hips....51--50 inches **-1 inch**

Thighs...26 1/2--26 inches **-1/2 inch**

Calves..15 1/2--15 inches **-1/2 inch**

Total=3 3/4 inches

emmysmommy

SW...148 lbs

TW..132--135.9--131.8--130.4--129.2--127.6--127 lbs

CW...115 lbs

***.6 lb loss** Total=21 lbs

***12 lbs to goal**

missou

SW...165 lbs

TW...162.5--162.6--161--163--162.6--162.6 lbs

CW..135 lbs

***maintained** Total=2.4 lbs

***27.6 lbs to goal***

Measurements:

Neck...14--13.5 inches **-.5 inches**

Arms..13--12.5 inches **-.5 inches**

Bust...39--38.5 inches **-.5 inches**

Waist...34--35 inches **+ 1 inch**

Hips....40---40 inches **same**

Thighs...22--21.5 lbs **-.5 inches**

Calves...15--15 inches **same**

Total=1 inch

Mamalicious

SW...189 lbs

TW....165--163.8--163 lbs

CW..160 lbs

Total=26 lbs

***3 lbs to goal**

Matt34hew

SW...220 lbs

TW...200--199--198.2--198.6--198--197 lbs

CW..180 lbs

***1 lb loss** Total=23 lbs

***17 lbs to goal***

Measurements:

Neck....16 1/2... 15 1/2 inches **-1 inch**

Arms..15--14 inches **1 inch**

Chest...38--38 inches **same**

Waist....36--36 inches **same**

Thighs...22.. 24 inches **+2 inches**

Calves...15--16 inches **+ 1 inch**

Total=+ 1 inch(muscle) gained

Cruisenewbie MIA

SW....224 lbs

TW...216 lbs

Cw.. 200lbs

Total=8 lbs loss

***16 lbs to goal***

Twinrigger

SW...178 lbs

TW...170--168--166--165 lbs

CW..160 lbs

***1 lb loss** Total=13 lbs

***5 lbs to goal***

Jamie

SW....195 lbs

TW....175--179--174--173--172 lbs

CW...130 lbs

Total=23 lbs

**42 lbs to goal**

****pending till June****

Cateyes2u NEW

SW....225 lbs

TW.....225 lbs

CW....175 lbs

:)2.6 lbs lost this week:)

Total=239.2 lbs

:D:D We are 221.6 lbs AWEIGH:D:D

I do hope I didn't make any mistakes.

Today is going better just a little headache.

I went to Y did my regular routine 70 minutes treadmill,and strength training workout and 32 stairs( I know Matt not comparible to your jogging up all your stairs) but I did take one of my patients outside today for a fresh air walk and we went around the block which is all up hill,:eek: I forgot it was until it was to late and mind you she was in a wheel chair and me pushing her.:eek: We finished our walk with me huffing and puffing and her with a smile on her face, so it was worth it and maybe I burned off at least one of those nasty 3 lbs gained.:D

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Vickey: I wish that headache would take a hike! Glad to hear you were able to get some fresh air and take a walk - up some hills nonetheless.

So......I did my morning walk, did my stairs, did my crunches, did the treadmill, and did by arm weights. But I also ate a LARGE slice of the mixed berry gratin that I made (tofu, splenda, almonds, eggs, flour,...) and I also had a few other things that were not the best choices. I almost feel like I'm barely hanging in there - just one bad day and I'm going to spin out of control and go into an irreversible eating frenzy.

Maybe I just need to look at the positive and see how much progress I have made. But I'm starting to lose the vision of meeting my goal by my cruise (August). And I'm in a good mood today - sheesh!!! :rolleyes:

It really does help to have this place to dump all these feelings and to get encouragement. I love that we are all at different places on this journey but that we are all trying and in big and small ways accomplishing our goals. It's all good when I think of you guys!!

Take care,

Brenda

Good morning everyone. Hope you all feel good today.

Vickey: I also wish that your headaches would leave you alone and let you work on yourself.

Brenda: I just looked at your weight history. You lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks. Your cruise is in 14 weeks and you have got 12 more pounds to loose to reach your goal. If you keep up the good work, I would not be surprised to learn that you will have exceeded it by cruise time. Don't give up!!!

Red week won't start. My belly is bloated and feels very uncomfortable :(:( My back is in pain still. I hate red weeks, especially when they won't start :(:( I will do some exercices today, something I haven't done in the past 3 days. I wish the pain would go away!!!

Take care everyone 11_7_102.gif

Missou, I have the same problems. My red week never starts. hahaha. :p

But Brenda, i know what you mean. I have cravings for foods that I shouldn't eat and if I go and get it, then I feel like i will continue to go after that stuff.

I'm physic I knew you would be so kind to fill in for me.:DThanks.

Congrats on jogging up the stairs but don't get any ideas I will walk them but not jog them:eek:

No problemo. Always looking to help. I guess i will just need to make sure that I update it when everyone gets their weights in. and if i make a mistake, I blame you. :p

This man is too young to know he should never tease a woman who is late :eek::eek::mad::mad:

:p

This message is private so no one but Missou read....If you think we believe you when you say will not be doing ANYTHING today because your DH is back...after he has been gone.:D

If you think that was private... :p

This man is too young to know he should never tease a woman who is late :eek::eek::mad::mad:

:p

Awe. You know i meant nothing by it. And not too young to know it. I don't tease my fiancee if she is late.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Vickey: I wish that headache would take a hike! Glad to hear you were able to get some fresh air and take a walk - up some hills nonetheless.

So......I did my morning walk, did my stairs, did my crunches, did the treadmill, and did by arm weights. But I also ate a LARGE slice of the mixed berry gratin that I made (tofu, splenda, almonds, eggs, flour,...) and I also had a few other things that were not the best choices. I almost feel like I'm barely hanging in there - just one bad day and I'm going to spin out of control and go into an irreversible eating frenzy.

Maybe I just need to look at the positive and see how much progress I have made. But I'm starting to lose the vision of meeting my goal by my cruise (August). And I'm in a good mood today - sheesh!!! :rolleyes:

It really does help to have this place to dump all these feelings and to get encouragement. I love that we are all at different places on this journey but that we are all trying and in big and small ways accomplishing our goals. It's all good when I think of you guys!!

Take care,

Brenda

I too wish it would take a hike, I started off with a slight one this morning that is building bigger as the day goes on and it makes working hard but I can't afford to take off.I have a really heavy patient load this week and am planning on working this week end to fill in the void I made of last week. It has been a whole week and we still do not know what is causing these. My blood work should be back by Monday hopefully it is just something they can fix by adjusting my meds. The steriods are making me sick to my tummy.:(

You have been keeping up yur exercise and it doesn't seem as if you have gone to over board on the eating, hang it there it will happen. Come on here and DUMP anytime.

Good morning everyone. Hope you all feel good today.

Vickey: I also wish that your headaches would leave you alone and let you work on yourself.

Brenda: I just looked at your weight history. You lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks. Your cruise is in 14 weeks and you have got 12 more pounds to loose to reach your goal. If you keep up the good work, I would not be surprised to learn that you will have exceeded it by cruise time. Don't give up!!!

Red week won't start. My belly is bloated and feels very uncomfortable. My back is in pain still. I hate red weeks, especially when they won't start I will do some exercices today, something I haven't done in the past 3 days. I wish the pain would go away!!!

I do hope Granny comes to visit and doesn't bring too much pain as you don't need anymore.

Pain, Pain go away Brenda wants to come out and EXERCISE.:D

Awe. You know i meant nothing by it. And not too young to know it. I don't tease my fiancee if she is late.

That's because you value your life, and want to keep her as a wife.:D

Dear-dear Matt...you almost made me wet my pants...maybe I need to start wearing one of my patients Depends before I read these posts.

But Brenda, i know what you mean. I have cravings for foods that I shouldn't eat and if I go and get it, then I feel like i will continue to go after that stuff.

Carbs seem to do this to me, they are like a drug.

No problemo. Always looking to help. I guess i will just need to make sure that I update it when everyone gets their weights in. and if i make a mistake, I blame you. :p

Don't blame me ...Blame Missou.:D But thanks for volunteering.

Now wait a minute .......your fiancee better not be late.:confused: Not till she is your wife. This coming from a mother of two sons.:D

Thanks for that!!!

Red week won't start. My belly is bloated and feels very uncomfortable :(:( My back is in pain still. I hate red weeks, especially when they won't start :(:( I will do some exercices today, something I haven't done in the past 3 days. I wish the pain would go away!!!

So sorry... I can relate in most ways.... I figure I'm done having children why do I need to be bothered every month??

:cool:

B

Now wait a minute .......your fiancee better not be late.:confused: Not till she is your wife. This coming from a mother of two sons.:D

Yeah Matt... why would she be late? You haven't exposed her to anything have you? :D (This coming from a mother of 3 grown boys and 1 tween daughter!) :p

Vickey, you make me chuckle! (I think that burns some calories.)

Trouble (aka: Brenda)

Vickey: Still wishing that your headaches will go way. I hope today was better.

I'm getting ready to hit the treadmill... I'm finding that if I make myself run at least 10 minutes that once I pass that mark I will typically stay on it for my entire 45-60+ minutes. Mentally, I give myself an out at the 10 minute mark but I'm usually warmed up and feeling ok at that point. So here I go....I'll huff and puff this weight off an ounce at a time!

Take care everyone.

Brenda

Vickey: Still wishing that your headaches will go way. I hope today was better.

I'm getting ready to hit the treadmill... I'm finding that if I make myself run at least 10 minutes that once I pass that mark I will typically stay on it for my entire 45-60+ minutes. Mentally, I give myself an out at the 10 minute mark but I'm usually warmed up and feeling ok at that point. So here I go....I'll huff and puff this weight off an ounce at a time!

Take care everyone.

Brenda

Thanks Brenda.....they have gotten better, as the evening approached

It seems as if I dread the first 10 minutes and then the last 10 minutes of my 70 minute workout is soooooo loooong., but as I stated before I watch a movie on my Zune, and it helps the time go quicker.

Hey those ounces lead to pounds lost so keep up the good work.

Your name just came to mind.

See I am always thinking about you.

Wow!! This is so touching :o:p:D

Yeah Matt... why would she be late? You haven't exposed her to anything have you? (This coming from a mother of 3 grown boys and 1 tween daughter!)

Vickey, you make me chuckle! (I think that burns some calories.)

Trouble (aka: Brenda)

Should I add my 2 cents as a mother of 3... ;)

It seems as if I dread the first 10 minutes and then the last 10 minutes of my 70 minute workout is soooooo loooong., but as I stated before I watch a movie on my Zune, and it helps the time go quicker.

Hey those ounces lead to pounds lost so keep up the good work.

I hope those headaches would leave you alone and let you get stronger for your trip to Las Vegas. It is not pleasant to be sick before a trip. You don't want to spend your time recuparating while on vacation... You want to enjoy your visit and experience every little detail!!!

I'm finding that if I make myself run at least 10 minutes that once I pass that mark I will typically stay on it for my entire 45-60+ minutes. Mentally, I give myself an out at the 10 minute mark but I'm usually warmed up and feeling ok at that point.

I am practicing my signing and my breathing when I am on the treadmill. Singing is an exercice in itself. Helps me pass the time, makes me burn more calories and helps me become a better singer, at least, I hope so :D:cool: I should go back on the treadmill, or at least, I should go out to take long walks. My back is feeling better now!!!

Archived